1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Hiyo, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    4:04 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    • How was the drop rates for Candies, Boxes, and Neckson Cash Tickets?
    - Just about right

• How was the currency system in place? (Spin Tickets)
    - Just about right. I was able to gain a couple of ap resets per level at 11X and 1 per level at level 6X which i think is perfect. Idk about the cost/value of the other rewards but the raffle seemed better than the last event.

• How were the raffle and other exchanges in terms of fairness?
    - Looked fair to me, but I procrastinated on collecting my etc. so wouldn't know.

• How was the Cooking/Crafting system in place?
    - Well, the reason I didn't collect my etc. items to exchange with is that I didn't want to grind on low level monsters.

• How was the Zombie Ring concept?
    - Great. I would have hoped they expire.

• Did you like the cosmetics this event?
    - Didn't participate

SUMMARY- I think it was better than last year overall, but those various mushroom caps are demotivating for a higher level player.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    9:04 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Everything was pretty awesome and very balanced!
    I feel like the legendary raffle was too expensive, except for that everything else was pretty nice.
    I think the Candy/Ticket piece was a bit annoying, because it takes 2 slots for the two different items, and if you are left with 4 pieces and less than 100 candy you cannot combine it. I would have preferred to get only candy and convert it to tickets.
    While converting pieces/ candy to tickets it would have been nice to be able to bulk craft them because with the stew crafting, I couldn't see the point in clicking so much to obtain every single ticket.
    I feel like the raffle was too expensive (the legendary one) and the chances to win the desired prices to low. I don't have too much time to play and could gather barely enough candy to participate twice - and I got heartstoppers. Was really disappointed, and I know I'm not the only person that worked hard and got the lowest prize.
    The most desired thing for me and many of my friends were chairs and I think that it would be much better to make the probability to get chairs higher or make the raffle cost lower.
    It was time consuming but overall I actually did enjoy the challenge of collecting the different ingredients, and the crafting. The exp per craft and the final potion you get totally justify the amount of clicking.
    I think the ring is a nice addition, the scrolling concept should be better explained next time it would be implemented. I did not expect stats to completely disappear from the ring after using it. Oh well.
    I didn't use the cosmetics but it does look nice as far as I could see on people around the game.

Overall, the event was nice but for me personally, the only thing that was "worth it"at the bottom line was the crafting of stews because even though candy collecting was a thing I was not lucky enough to even get 2 different rewards. Maybe making the possibility to buy chairs directly is a nice one, because at the bottom line they are memories from the particular event / time on the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:04 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Great event - I wish the other events were more like this one (though not exact replicas because that would get boring).

There were too many Red Malady Candys (Mana Elixirs). If they could be traded in for something, that would be cool.

As far as the crafting - which I absolutely love - it would be great if the menu were easier to navigate in making items.

It would be nice if the candies were able to be traded (or at least within an account). I can understand some merchants may try to take advantage of the event, but when you're at the end of the event and you have some 30 extra that you are not going to be able to cash in, giving/trading/selling them makes sense.

I'm conflicted on the Zombie Army Ring. I would like to have it be worn on the 3rd slot of a the Rings, but then again I don't want people getting an advantage simply for being logged in during this event (though that would be mitigated greatly if this event is done every year). Then again, what's the point of getting an Ellin Ring if the Zombie Army Ring could overpower it? I don't know - I don't have an answer nor am I recommending anything here, I'm just letting you know I feel conflicted about this point.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:04 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Response is a bit ambiguous. You know you can wear up to four rings right? But in order to wear them properly, you have to drag/drop them manually.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I never got a chance to play the whole event - work always gets way too hectic at this time of year to enjoy the game thoroughly. Nevertheless, no, I did not know this. I knew you could drag/drop for the second slot, but every attempt at the third and fourth slots have never worked for me - but now I realize you have to have the second slot filled first before the third will allow a drop. So...thanks for that. I also see the Zombie Rings have an expiration, so that eases my conflict.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:04 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    For as OP as stews are, they were WAY too easy to craft. I'd also add that the exp gained from cooking in this event was extremely OP. Players were able to level their mules or new characters from 8-40+ without lifting a finger, aside from a few clicks.
    Other than that the crafting was pretty unique and cool. I'd like to see more events try creative stuff like this, where it's not just turning in a bunch of event drop items for themed rewards.
    I think the Zombie Ring should have been guaranteed to have just +1 all stats instead of 0-2. It felt really bad when I spent 300 candies on a ring just for it to have +1 STR and nothing else. Combined with the Zombie Essence basically being a chaos, it made it so that the ring I received was complete trash and I just wasted my tickets - overall a frustrating experience.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Mushmom

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    3:04 PM
    MadMan
    Chief Bandit
    OnDrugs
    I didn’t really get a chance to try everything in this event because I didn’t log in until near the end, but speaking as a hardcore player(when it comes to farming I mean) I agree with the people on this tread that the drop rates in the event were pretty good, although I also agree on the point that having 2 different exchange etc.(both candies and ticket pieces) felt kind of unnecessary since they’re both no good to you unless you have enough of either of them by themselves to make 1 ticket. I also agree with people about making the candies/ticket pieces/tickets tradable on the fact that there may be some people that don’t care about the event festivities at all and/or just want to make gold from it(aside from the bonus exp and drops that is). And also(in my personal and nitpicking opinion), I wished that the bosses(minor, PQ, and dungeon) dropped the bigger raffle etc.(with this case being the full tickets) like back when I first played in GMS to give me more incentive to kill more of them rather than just farm off of normal mobs(that’s just me though).

The raffle seemed fair to me(although that could just be me being biased because I rarely got anything bad from it), but I can see why people would be mad if they don’t have a lot of time to farm candies(seeing how most of the people on this server are either in university and/or have jobs and can’t binge play this game until they get everything they want like they use to) and only got heartstoppers from it.

Overall I enjoyed this event and look forward to more stuff like this in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SevenArrows

SevenArrows Blue Snail

Oct 23, 2018
    Male
    Bowman
    Reasonably good event, enjoyed it overall. Thanks!

None the less....some critiques:

For lower level players- (especially bowmen under lvl 70), the frog and cat could be a nuisance at times

-The cat had bad hit recognition, and annoying sound effects. Unless timed perfectly, half my shots would go to waste- just no hit detection- XD

-greater knockback, or skill effects working on them might be helpful. They would get in the way of mobbing too, on occasion forcing you to stand in corner and shoot while taking maximum punishment...so many white potions gone...lol...

- boxes gave ghost candy too frequently...now if there was a 'ghost' drop party maybe i would not mind ^^

It was a good event, maybe just some mechanics could use some tweaking and adjusting...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Not sure if anyone noticed but as a ranged character you could ignore the invincibility frames by standing closer to the cat.

Far enough you don't melee it but close enough that it constantly agros and attacks you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. mojojo

mojojo Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2017
    Female
    4:04 AM
    Mojojo
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    How was the drop rates for Candies, Boxes, and Neckson Cash Tickets?
    I think the drop rates were alright except for the ticket pieces in boxes. It's easier to farm 200-300 candies than to get 1 ticket piece. Boxes give way too many red candies.
    How was the currency system in place? (Spin Tickets)
    I think the currency system is alright.
    How were the raffle and other exchanges in terms of fairness?
    Honestly, I don't find the legendary raffle a fair trade. I've raffled and gotten stoppers 2/3 times, it's extremely demoralizing to trade at least 10 hours of your life with 25 stoppers (25mins of WA boost). Personally, I feel that you could've increased the chances for chair or give out 100 stoppers instead of 25.
    Plus, one legendary ticket cost 1k candies, it's hard for those who have school or work to farm diligently. A friend of mine only have time to farm enough to raffle twice and she got stoppers twice :sob: .
    Also, why did the cosmetic raffle gave out duplicates when previous event raffles doesn't?
    How was the Cooking/Crafting system in place?
    Its a nice system to allow lower levels to gain exp while crafting. It's not that bad.
    Did you like the cosmetics this event?
    It's decent, the devil bear and dark hangul sets are nice.

11. SaulFS7

SaulFS7 Mano

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    SaulSaiyan
    Marauder
    Honor
    10/10. Very good.
    10/10. Nothing to say. Nice.
    7/10. Nice in terms of fairness but make 1000 candies for 1 exchange is a big number for a big opportunity to get heartStoppers.
    9/10. Very very good! The experience, Stews and pet were very nice! it's 9/10 because crafting was 1 by 1.
    8/10. We don't have too much meta ring and this one last only 3 months. It's good for high lv people who want a little bit more stats. The next one should be the Evo. Ring :p (JOKE)
    10/10. The concept of halloween was very nice. and it last 1 year. good good

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    - Drop rate was ok for candies and boxes and really good for NX tickets in my opinion. My only real complaint on drop rate is that the mage drop rate is atrocious. I was getting more candies and boxes on my drk or outlaw compared to my bishop. People will complain about mages having superior farming ability but isn't that what they are made for...?
    - Like I saw in other responses I don't get why we had candies and ticket pieces. Seems unnecessary and if you ended at 4 ticket pieces and 99 candies you can't get a reward. Could've made it to exchange 20 candies for 1 ticket piece or just got rid of pieces all together.
    - I only have opinion on the costume raffle because that's all I was able to get done. I will say I mostly did the cosmetic raffle because the legendary raffle didn't seem worth the time or effort if I can only farm a limited amount of tickets. The costume raffle wasn't something I personally liked and I wish there was an option to buy what I wanted for like 3 tickets vs raffling for 1 ticket or just not have so many options in the raffle. The only item I 100% really wanted was the pumpkin hat and I fortunately managed to get it with my very last ticket. I probably spent about 15 tickets between 2 accounts on the cosmetic raffles for reference. Also why is it possible to get duplicates...? Ended up with 3 undead teddy bear weapons on one character and 2 pumpkin hats on another character until I learned I can drop items in my cash shop inventory and that avoids dupe items. Having them equipped or in my equip tab inventory should've been enough to avoid dupes. Also wish there was an option to see how things look before attempting to raffle for them but this isn't that big of an issue.
    - I only have opinion on the witch stews because that's all I crafted. Stews were extremely broken and a bad decision if they had any testing done and approved as is. Should've never given so much exp or should've had a minimum level to craft and also should've never been a 1 by 1 crafting system.
    - Didn't personally use it but I do think this could've been much clearer. Why not tell people the marble is a chaos scroll or make the description more clear? Also really unprofessional responses by GMs in the Discord Support channel when somebody asked about it. If something says "enhance" it can easily be assumed that it means that it's a positive effect. You don't enhance something and expect a negative return...
    - Cosmetics were good and complaints were already discussed above (duplicate items and wishing there was a non-raffle option or less options in the raffle).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    11:04 PM
    Thief
    too much red candy from the boxes, not enough halloween candy / ticket piece from them.
    too high chances for chairs from the raffle and not enough for the actual game changer things (capes, chaos,white)
    nx coupon was nice.
    i think the rings, especially after being chaosed should stay a little more than 3 months, 3 months is nothing for that hard work. maybe 1 year?
    can maybe return the golden gacha tick back
    ap resets should maybe be 200 or 250 candies