1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Linux 32-bit prefix, game is not working

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by TheDude, Dec 7, 2018.

1. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    7:39 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    im trying to install this on linux (it used to work circa 2017). i had trouble trying to install this in February and gave up, but i am using an older version of wine now.

my computer is 64bit, so i created a 32bit wine prefix, and run the command
    'env WINEPREFIX=/home/[username]/.wine32 wine [location of the .exe file]'

so last time i had a problem with WS2HELP.dll not being native [https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/linux-running-maplelegends.21255/]

so now i downloaded another off the interwebs. and now that error does not appear. but i still get this error
    '
    drive_c/Program Files/MapleLegends/MapleLegends.exe'
    err:service:service_send_start_message service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 1053
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    '

and a window pops up saying
    'MapleLegends (Build: 18/11/2018)
    We were unable to locate a MapleLegends data file on your computer. Please download the latest files from MapleLegends.com'

but these are the newest files, which i downloaded today

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    so i searched up some stuff and tried this command

'sudo apt-get install libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386'

and now i get this error
    '
    err:service:service_send_start_message service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 1053
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    '

i then used this command
    'sudo apt-get install p11-kit-modules:i386'

now im just left with
    '
    '

so i have decided to update my wine to teh latest i.e. 3.0.4
    and i get this error
    '
    0012:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x64083a50) stub
    000f:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
    000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 1053
    '

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  3. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Hello! I think i can help you.

MapleLegends would run on pretty much any wine version from 2.21 to the recent build.

Do not install it to the vanilla wine build. you need a prepatched staging build. having the vanilla wine build is a requirement to install Lutris
    Lutris is a game library platform similar to PlayOnLinux, but its way better because you can install and switch and customize several wine versions on the fly.

Having downloaded the MapleLegends full installer and having Lutris installed, you can:

- Start Lutris

- Manually add a game

- On the Game Info tab under "Name" type in "MapleLegends", and under "Runner" choose "Wine (Runs Windows games)"

- On the Game Options tab under "Executable" browse to the path where the "MapleLegendsNov212018.exe" installer is so its added there

- On the "Wine prefix" part, add "~/Games/MapleLegends" (without the quotations) and make sure there is a "Games" folder created in your base Home folder

- If you haven't already added a runner, click on the "Lutris" menu at the top and click "Manage Runners", scroll down to where it says Wine (Runs Windows games) and click Manage versions

- It works on staging-2.21 (font might look funny and non antialiased), pba-3.3, and anything recent including the esync and tkg patches. (x86/x64 doesn't really matter)

- Once that's all done you can click on "Wine" in the left category and click on that large MapleLegends button to install the game.

- Quick Edit here: MapleLegends Launcher requires vcrun6sp6, you can install this using winetricks by right clicking the big MapleLegends button and clicking on "winetricks"

- It will automatically create a wine configuration at "~/Games/MapleLegends/.wine/" and it would be treated as the C: drive, you can install maplelegends as you normally would

- Once its installed, you will need two .dll files from one of the previous threads on the forums called: "ws2_32.dll" and "ws2help.dll"

- EDIT: Put both of those files into the "~/Games/MapleLegends/drive_c/windows/system32" folder and the "~/Games/MapleLegends/drive_c/windows/syswow64" folder if your using x86/x64.

- Go back to Lutris and right click on that big MapleLegends button and click Configure, and on the Game Options tab, change the "Executable" to the path of the MapleLegends.exe. if you configured it like i said earlier it should be located at: "~/Games/MapleLegends/drive_c/program files (x86)/MapleLegends/MapleLegendsWindowed.exe" or something like that

- From there you can double click on the big MapleLegends button through Lutris and the game would start

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    thanks i got it working on fresh linux mint 18.3 install and with exactly what you said, except i did not install 'esync and tkg patches'.
    hope fully others who cant get it to work, will try this

5. ONASSIS

ONASSIS Mushmom

Oct 9, 2019
    Male
    cojs
    Bowman
    "Do not install it to the vanilla wine build. you need a prepatched staging build. having the vanilla wine build is a requirement to install Lutris" you say do not install it, and then you say having vanilla build is a requirement, so please tell me if it is a necessary file, or service, and how to have it without installing it please, because it looks non-sense to me