1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Christmas Gachapon Tickets

Discussion in 'Events' started by Kimmy, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:35 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hey Maplers! This post is about something that has been in discussion between the team for a while now. As you all know, Gachapon Tickets [​IMG] are tickets you can currently purchase from the Cash Shop. For the first time in MapleLegends, we are going to experiment with Gachapon Tickets dropping from mobs, just like Hunting Ticket [​IMG]

Why? For the longest time, we wanted get rid of the Gachapon Tickets from the Cash Shop, since they affect your mesos by voting. While it's true that one could vote and sell someone SMEGA services, it's not a direct income like how Gachapon Tickets are.

Assuming when Gachapon Tickets become part of something you need hunt for, we can also permit multiple votes each day, which GTOP officially allows one to do. We believe over the course of many years the Vote Abuse rule is one of the most confusing rules out there, especially for people that do not understand English well. On top of that, the game constantly prompts you that you can vote when double voting is actually against the rules (see clause 2.9 on our ToS here). It is confusing, it is annoying, and it costs us votes, as well as users if they are getting banned.

Hypothetically, if we do remove Gachapon Tickets from the Cash Shop, it removes another layer of 'voting for months while being inactive and coming back with a Jackpot'. To add insult to this flawed system, let's be honest; Gachapon Tickets in Cash Shop is pretty awful.

Ultimately, the goal we have in mind is that we can create a good balance so users can gain Gachapon Tickets while grinding as well as rewarding users for playing the game.

The Gachapon Tickets will receive a name change to the following once they are completely gone from the Cash Shop:

[​IMG] - Gachapon Ticket (Common)
    [​IMG] - Gachapon Ticket (Rare)
    [​IMG] - Gachapon Ticket (Very Rare)

The rewards for common Gachapon Tickets will be similar to what we have for the Cash Gachapon that are currently in the Cash Shop. However it will likely be tweaked to be better than the Cash Gachapon once they are removed from the Cash Shop, since users can only obtain them by grinding and not voting (which is an easy feat) anymore.

The Golden Ticket [​IMG] is currently called Gachapon Ticket (Bosses) but we never used it. We just gave it that name because who knows, we might be using it someday. Should this be part of the pool, it will be coded to be Very Rare like how we named it.
    PS: No plans to use it just yet. Maybe in the near future...

We hope that with this rather long explanation you get where we are coming from. This may be seen as a very huge change for MapleLegends especially when it comes to things you can buy from the Cash Shop. We are definitely excited to see changes that can potentially improve game play, at the same time minimizing vote abusers.

Note: The Gachapons dropping is in experimental state. Gachapons can now still be purchased from the Cash Shop as well. See this as a warning that they could be removed from any future patch.

Last but not least, happy Hunting!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:35 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Will the Gachapon "boss tickets" be an "instant drop" or a "free for all drop", how would we determine who gets the ticekt?
    Just from rolling?

these are really great concepts! and a nice addition to "actively playing the game intself"

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Read the small text. The golden ticket has no plans right now, its just re-named.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Raikore

Raikore Blue Snail

Dec 14, 2018
    Male
    8:35 PM
    Thief
    Agape
    This is great I think especially for newbies just starting out since our vote points can actually go towards cosmetics without feeling like we are missing out on a bunch of potential mesos for potions. I will ask about long term, what will be the main cost sink in vote points? Having only played a few days so far I haven't accumulated much but I could see players that diligently vote for months or even years having a massive surplus of points with relatively few ways to get rid of them. I guess HP washing will be more accessible?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Tickets from bosses would be lit 10/10

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    yeah i know its renamed, just asked was all :3

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I like this idea a lot. Altho I'm not sure how this will affect the vote cash once you are done with washing and getting your desired look. We can figure out something.
    Edit:
    Will golden tickets drop only from bosses? or will drop form all mobs? Also if It's from all mobs would be cool if bosses had a higher chance of dropping em.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aron

Aron Red Snail

May 4, 2015
    Male
    Spearman
    Justice
    LOVE this plan, please do it.

I’ve always hated that the economy of this game still revolves around cash gacha so significantly. The big tickets items, like chaos, white and 30% scrolls mainly come from vote cash. That’s such a disincentive for actually playing the game.

Vote cash should be reserved for cosmetic items and comfort items like pets, teleports, owls and resets.

Also as a suggestion when you do remove cash gacha and add tickets as monster drops. Please add them as a high droprate to some high level bosses that don’t really drop much good stuff. Like Krexel, Zakum, Papu, Pianus, Scar etc. Makes bossing much more worthwhile without helm buyers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i agree, cosmetics is a huge thing for new players. using all your nx at lvl 50 on gachapon and then getting "trash" , its demotivating "wasting" all that nx yknow?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    vote on other characters that you wish to wash/change looks. hyper rocks/safety charms. smegas

11. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i would remove Pianus, since its not an instant boss. and theres 2 per channel.
    Bosses like Neo Tokyo bosses/Ergoth/Bodyguard/Toad should be added as well

12. tranchilla

tranchilla Blue Snail

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    7:35 PM
    Tranchilla
    Warrior
    naplords
    Since you will be adding different tiers of hunting gachas, will rare tiers still have a chance to get trash items like common gachas, or will those be removed from the rare tier and very rare?

13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hunting Gachapons will likely stay untouched. This is more a focus on the Cash Gachapon.

14. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    8:35 AM
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Then you better remove the Hero's will skill with it, because Pianus' etc is a prerequisite.

15. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    I don't think he meant remove Pianus from the game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    8:35 AM
    Promise
    Em why not just completely remove the blue hunting gachapon tickets and keep our current silver hunting tickets (since they are also 'rewards' for users who grinds/plays the game)?
    Try imagining grinding and suddenly a ticket drops, but it is the common one instead of the rare one MapleF3_Origin
    Not really sure if the drop rate of the common ticket will affect the drop rate of the rare ones, but buying cash gacha is by choice while getting a common gacha is completely RNG where it could have the rare one all the time MapleF12

PS: Its not like I'll get decent stuff from hunting gacha because all I get from them are like 'shoes for dex 10%' but won't it be worst with the common ones introduced..

17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    More or less drops do not effect the rates of an other item. Each item have their own percentages.

18. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    I agree with fredaa, why would we need two types of gachapon dropping when one is already fine? Gachapons dropping from monster is already deviating from the old-school maple feeling, and having a second seems unnecessary. Removing the cash shop gachapon is a good idea though, as I've seen countless new players save up vote cash to do a big gachapon dump, and ending up disappointed because they didn't know it has terrible odds.

19. Yasushi

Yasushi Slime

Mar 22, 2017
    Lizeth
    White Knight
    N/A
    So if the cash gach tickets will be dropped by monsters and bosses just like the hunting gach it will be a bit concerning. First, its not that easy to get a hunting gach ticket because the RNG for it seems to be low, this may even be the case for the cash gach tickets as well. I've been defeating green mushrooms over 700 times (using the X amount kill count for 999 kills quest) and not a single one of them dropped. Second, Let's say if we're in a party of 3-6 where we're fighting bosses in PQs and a single "rare" gach or "common" cash gach ticket drops there will be fights who will take it first. This will increase the likely hood that players will be a bit selfish by actually taking the item first [Free For All scenario] and will not be generous. Third, if those "rare" tickets were dropped by mini bosses (ones from the map like mano and others like that) it will be harder for those who wanted to do a quest on those mini bosses and will have to wait for it to spawn. Potentially, I'd say its a great idea but how will we be able to solve one of those issues with that? If it comes to that I'd say perhaps everyone in the party should receive the drops. (Though it maybe most likely to be abused.) I can see everyone's opinion on this and including the new players. I admit when I first spent over 30k NX on gach tickets once, I wasted all of it without any useful rewards. I know the point of what you're trying to say of removing it but its risky. I'm in the "meh" side of this idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Instant boss. as in, once you enter the map, no one can enter, and it counts as a daily count. Hero Will has nothing to do with it.
    if you add this to Pianus, then you gotta add it to BigFoots, but there is 48 Total BFs. Think that would be too broken