1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to Krexel Boss?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by ohviviho, Dec 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ohviviho

ohviviho Slime

Jan 11, 2018
    Female
    1:29 PM
    ohviviho
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Fought Krexel for the first time after the Christmas patch and realised there were a few changes:

- Krexel's magic skill hits 7+k now instead of a max of 3+k previously, this makes it impossible for me to survive Krexel with 6k hp without HB, while I previously would be able to survive.
    - Krexel's first eye exp has dropped significantly. I am now getting ~1.4m exp for the first eye as compared to about ~5m exp previously with the same exact party (4 man with HS). Not too sure about the exact exp for the 2nd eye, but it seemed to be around the same (~8m exp with HS).

With the changes to Krexel's damage and the drop in exp, Krexel would not be a very viable boss option given it barely drops anything (especially to chars with less than 7k hp).

Not too sure if I missed any announcement to these changes, but a quick search on forums did not reveal anything. Please help as I would love to fight Krexel again!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:29 AM
    Moderator Post
    Oops something we forgot to disclose in patch notes. The EXP change is a bug and likely got accidentally reverted back to gmslike, will be fixed next restart. The damage however is a buff that is intended to make Krexel, a boss that is at an end game map more challenging and not a wall that make people fall asleep.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:29 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hello!
    Yes, like what KimberlyKimberly mentioned, our goal with this patch was to prevent people from aggro abuse and make the boss slightly more challenging by increasing its damage. But the problem I see here is that something got messed up in file and now its outputting same damage as what HT body does, which was definitely not intentional by us. So to give you some changes that we wanted to make:
    1. Krexel now hits anywhere on the map, making aggro abuse impossible
    2. First body max magic damage has increased from ~2.2k -> 3.2k
    3. Second body max magic damage has increased from ~3.2k -> 4.1k
    Again, all the changes that were made besides these were unintentional (ex. exp distribution) so expect those to be fixed/adjusted after next server restart.
    Feel free to let us know how it plays and all feedbacks are welcomed!

• Like Like x 2
  4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    10:29 PM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    So just to clarify, the damage that Krexel deals has been increased, but was not supposed to be increased to the extent that it currently is? Because as of right now, Krexel hits anywhere around 2k~7.7k magic damage on me. Like Vivi pointed out, its current, updated damage output is unfriendly towards characters who do not have more than 7k of HP (either because they did not wash or cannot find a DK to party with).

Would love for some further clarification as shot seems to be implying that the damage range for Krexel was meant to increase for roughly 1k rather than up to 4k. Maybe I'm missing something about how magic damage works.

(included a ss of the max it hit on me for fun, i would have died if i didn't have hb, so that was fun.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    ohviviho

ohviviho Slime

Jan 11, 2018
    Female
    1:29 PM
    ohviviho
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Oh great!
    Thanks Kimmy and Shot! Looking forward to the changes next restart then. :D

6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:29 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Correct.
    The only values that we intended on adjusting were magic attacks because it made the boss way too easy to defeat, which used to hit around 2-3k maximum. But for some reason we made those attacks similar to touch damage (~7k) which again, were not intentional by us. This should be fixed on next restart as well as giving incorrect exp values when the first body is killed.

7. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Great, thanks for the update and clarification!

• Like Like x 1
  8. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Hi, any updates on when the damage will be fixed?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:29 AM
    Moderator Post
    I thought a new clarification was added long ago already, but this needs a patch to fix, thus gets fixed when all hair and faces are too.

10. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Thanks for the update. :) I didn't see anything recently about it, so I thought I would check back. Looking forward to the patch then!