1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Default Use Of White Scrolls

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Oomcow, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Oomcow

Oomcow Snail

Jul 11, 2017
    2:06 PM
    Razinka
    I/L Wizard
    Circus
    I obtained a white scroll through cash gachapon before it goes down and I was absolutely elated. I continued using my tickets before I set up shop to sell it, and I had to do some inventory clearing to continue my gach run. I had a 1% Clean Slate Scroll that I wanted to get rid of by throwing it onto a random piece of gear, and lo and behold it used up my White Scroll along with it.

My suggestion: DON'T MAKE LEGENDARY SPIRIT DEFAULT TO USING WHITE SCROLLS IF YOU HAVE ONE.

It doesn't make any sense. The box on Legendary Spirit is unticked if you don't have one, but once you possess a White Scroll, it automatically is ticked, meaning if you've never had a White Scroll (like me) and go to scroll something you may inadvertently use your precious resource without realizing it. Neat.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    This is how it always was in GMS and every single server out there. Its better to stay consistent with how it is everywhere , or else you get people making mistakes even more often.

3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    5:06 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I’d say the better suggestion is ws shouldn’t be usable with clean slates. CSS don’t take up a slot so why is a ws usable with it???

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    10:06 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Yeah I don't see any logic behind it either.

5. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    6:06 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Double check always... the true mistake is not looking what you re doing. Applies on the life too.

And i guess its rite about the CSS.. its pretty unlogical the WS used automatically with one of these scrolls.. even if the WS doesnt prevent nothing a item from being destroyed... but as said before.. Double check what you re doing next time.

6. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    2:06 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I guess the logic behind using ws automatically is that you would rather accidentally use up a ws instead of failing 1 slot on your gear, so I wouldn't want it to be changed, but I also don't understand why css uses ws too :thinking:

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    5:06 PM
    In an alternate reality players would be making posts of why it isn't used automatically when they use a scroll and lose a slot.

But yes definately check, because the check box can be seen to be ticked when you open up the skill. A prompt also pops up if you drag your scroll to an equipped item, so dont hold enter/space or spam click.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:06 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Let's just make the check mark huge and the letters in BRIGHT RED

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    Okay, I got good news and bad news.

The main suggestion is still not going to happen: The default option stays 'use WS' when having one in your inventory.

The good news is that if you happen to accidentally use a White Scroll with a CSS it no longer kills your WS, regardless of the option you did pick. This applies for both regular scrolling and legendary spirit.

This is applied next patch/restart

• Like Like x 3
  10. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    10:06 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    That's great, thanks!