1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding voting, vote abuse, and GTOP

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    1:45 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    now that people are aware, in the future people should make new chars on new accounts. I know some people are on same accounts, and it sucks, but it is what it is :/ , this change is a positive change in my eyes. I am on the same boat since i deleted my shadower, and moved it to the same account as my sair, to share the nx. but in a sense it is worth it ;) (farming ap resets from V-day event and xfering them in the CS to both chars will be really nice tbh)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    because some people dont believe in that. other people have other reasons i guess.
    sharing cash equips maybe? the hassle of remembering multiple accs?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:45 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Because it was only possible to vote on one account at a time before so there’s no reason to have 2 accounts. I do agree with the change btw and think it’s a great idea. It just sucks for people that used multiple characters on one account

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Theres nothing to believe in. Having a buff mule account (like holy symbol, Hyperbody) is a strict advantage. Maybe people don't like to play like that and don't want to mule, but thats on them.

Sharing cash equips makes sense though. I didn't consider that.

5. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I have friends who dont believe in leeching, so they have their attacker and their mage on the same account. so thats also another reason

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    5:45 AM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Great change. As a compulsive character creator, this is just wonderful. Also means I can expand the inventories on my mules without losing time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    10:45 AM
    Thief
    is it already allowed to start multi vote?

8. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    yes

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    ty

10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    9:45 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I regret that, altho I can say I didn't leeched my bucc with my FP I kinda wish I could echo my FP instead of having my DK or any other mw20 char open joining the party and leaving so I can 1shot petri

11. mosshroom

mosshroom Orange Mushroom

Mar 18, 2017
    Female
    11:45 AM
    Chara, mosshroom
    Hermit, Shadower
    Halcyon
    Hm guess I kinda have to create a mule account now to not be handicapped. Since I’m washing it’d be silly not to have a mule for owls/smegas/bears. Not really an arguement against this, seems like people really like it. I’m just extremely lazy OnionCoffee

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Great addition for anyone who has made a mistake in not washing a character or washing too little. If you have a character who you've quit due to a lack of HP then with enough time and dedication you can actually fix them, while still having the benefit of washing your main and maintaining your pet and NX outfits. ^^

Here's my strategy for MP-washing a failed character:
    1: Reset a ton of your base stat into int, like get 250-300 or maybe even more
    2: Reset out as many AP as you can into MP, first from base stats, then from your int pool if you run out of base stats, the more the better
    3: The next part is theorycrafting, so I don't really know if it'll work as I imagine it would, but now reset out as much of your base int as you can, so that during the next part you lose less MP overall. To take this to it's ultimate end, probably reset to 9 int or any number that ends with a 9 in the ones place.
    4: Find out what your base MP is and how much MP you lose when you take an AP out of MP, along with how much AP you have in MP
    5: Take out all but one point in your MP and put it back into your base stats(Taking out MP with 9 int should make you lose less MP compared to taking out MP with 250 int, but this needs testing)
    6: With one point in MP, take that out then put it into HP
    7: Because HP and MP AP share the same pool, you can now take another point out of MP and stick it into HP
    8: Do this until you run out of extra MP

Congratulations, you now have significantly more HP. It just takes a ton of patience but it's very easy to become a side goal now. I'm pretty sure it's most efficient if you put all AP into int first, then all AP into MP, but gosh that'll take til the end of time to finish. How I wrote this will probably take 1,000+ AP resets to finish, or like a year and a half of voting if you don't break the streak.

13. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    3:45 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    One thing we'd like to clarify is that while voting on multiple accounts are now allowed, that doesn't mean you don't have to follow by GTOP's rules, which strictly prohibits you from using any sort of proxies or VPNs to vote. If you get caught by using these for some reason, GTOP will reserve all rights to ban you or your other accounts from voting on their site and we will be more than happy to abide by their rules. So please vote legitimately without cheating the system :)

14. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    Time to rule the market with owls :geek:

There's always a way to abuse something

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    smfh

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Not if I owl first!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    omg i no longer have to worry about hiding my username on stream

18. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    will be one of the reasons why the economy will go to shit mroe lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    you've just made the server so much more custom. you're saying you are trying to be nostalgic gms like hard server and so on, but you just made the server more different and more easy
    really dislike this change
    hope get revert

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:45 AM
    Moderator Post
    Voting was never part of GMS to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1