1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

In-Game Universal Translator in Chats

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Annolis, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:58 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Okay, this suggestion is a bit ambitious, but it would definitely allow for different members from around the world to make friends more easily.

I was at OPQ a few days ago and another players was typing Spanish. I quickly began typing what he said into Google Translate and realized that his sense of humor and tone were on par with mine and I thought, "You know, if it weren't for our language barrier, I'd make a good friend here."

Is it possible for each player to do a check mark on their first language and then have a way for each character that interacts with another character who has a different first language to have an in-game translator that translates for both players? (We could even have a *TRNSLTN* in front of the message to let us know that we are relying on technology and we may not have an exact match on what they're trying to say.)

2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    7:58 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    It's something I would love to see in pretty much all the online games I play, but I don't expect it to be easy...