1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Changing NTPQ mobs behavior

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Krauser94, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    1:04 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Hi, first of all, i want to mention that this thread is mostly to try to fix and solve an issue that some ppl like me (Shadowers) have with those mobs.

First of all, here there is a gif that might help to understand the problem:
    [​IMG]

Ok, there you can see those floating mobs going down. wouldnt be an issue on a normal grinding session but the problem is that those are the mobs that you need to defeat to beat the PQ.

Basically they go down. Melee can't kill them, and mages, if they kill, they won't drop any item (the ones we need to beat the PQ). If we mix the fact of how poorly those items drop, that PQ is impossible if you rely on more than a shadower/character that stuns.

This issue happens with some flying mobs, not on all the maps i feel it (it happens at zakum too, the mobs go too down), but basically, the fact it happens in a map where you literally NEED to kill and collect them, makes it difficult on an unfair range.

So basically my suggestion would be, either switching the drop to the land ones (making them spawn in the same amount if that is an issue, but again, the drops are awful) or adding "floor", as in making them not go below certain point of the map. This will basically, make stuns, something useful instead of just "oh, you are a shadower, you can...use taunt and don't move from that corner ty".

I hope this can be checked and can be solved in some way. Ty! SlimeGrin

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:04 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hm, is there no other higher ground to go to on that map? I've never really been there...

But yeah, sadly, that's what flying mobs do when they get stunned or frozen. They just kinda start falling.

If there's a way to make it so that the necessary PQ items that fall below the floor get warped up to somewhere reachable, that would be great!

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I think they made this behaviour when stunned in GMS too, which may make it much harder to change it.

If anyone got any video source what stunned flying mobs did in GMS let me know

4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    4:04 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    JUST INCREASE THE DROPRATE OF THE PQ ITEM AND WE ARE GOOD. PLEASE

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    7:04 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Make them all climb up and down the slide :D

6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    6:04 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hello!
    I totally understand where you were coming from because I have done this PQ numerous times before and it was a frustrating experience indeed. :p (too bad I wasn't in staff back then) I always wanted to see if I can do something about it but it seems like I totally forgot about it until now hehe.
    Thus, I have taken a look into this issue and and found a fix where the item will now drop even if the mob was killed below the platform. This should technically help to fix the problem with drop rate but we will adjust them based on further feedbacks we get after this change.
    Quick preview of how the mob will drop below the platform now:

This change will be applied after next restart :)

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Nice! Will this also work for other flyings mobs (say night ghosts) who have also notoriously had some stuff fall below platforms?

8. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    6:04 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    This fix is only applied in this map unfortunately... Part of reason is because I would need to revamp the whole formula to describe "when"the mob items cannot be dropped. Consider this as a temporary fix and hopefully I should be able to figure that out in the future :3

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Thanks for checking into this! I will gladly try to run more NTPQ attempts to give more feedback about this issue SlimeGrin

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    Did you guys know that i would die for krauser94

• Friendly Friendly x 5