1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest

Discussion in '(Party) Quests' started by Siao, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    10:45 PM
    Introducing Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest
    [​IMG]
    Credits to BronzeBronze for the fantastic banner!

Assemble your best party to take down the gruesome fierce bosses for wonderful and juicy rewards!​

Prequest

[​IMG]

Head on over to Phantom Forest in New Leaf City and find Lukan to get things started. Hunt for 10 Stormbreaker Badge [​IMG] from Stormbreakers and return back to him once you are done.

[​IMG]

Jack can be found in Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain. Head back to Phantom Forest to look for Lukan again and help him eliminate 75 Windraider, 75 Firebrand, and 75 Nightshadow. Guide on the quest can be found here. Return back to Lukan once you are finished and he will reward you with a Crimsonwood Keystone [​IMG], which is an entrance key for you and your squad to get the party started! PS: Bring pots! Not forgetting All Cure Potions :)
    *Note: It is required of the expedition leader to complete the pre-quest, and optional for the rest of the party.

Tip: 12 Crimson Hearts [​IMG] is required to start each CWKPQ.

Levels and classes

Levels required: Level 90+

You will require 10 -20 people for each party quest with 2 members of each class branch is required: 2 Archers, 2 Magicians, 2 Pirates, 2 Thieves, and 2 Warriors. You are permitted to participate in this PQ twice a day, every 24 hours.

[​IMG]

Once everyone enters, have your expedition leader speak to Jack Barricade. This will unlock the hidden portal; search for the portal (as shown in the diagram) and enter through it to proceed to the next stage.
    *Note: Try not to stay too long in this map else Master Guardians will spawn!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are 5 Sigils that are required to be activated. Have your party members locate (as shown in the diagram below) activate the Sigils corresponding to their classes using certain abilities. Activated Sigils will spin, and a blue message will confirm that it is activated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once activated, your group may proceed to the next stage.​

[​IMG]

A jump-quest like stage that involves each class activating their respective Sigils (as located in the diagram below). The portal at the top of the map would take you back to the bottom of the map. Five members would have to enter the top portal to complete this stage. All Sigils must be activated first before the stage is completed (bottom portal would be activated). Once the stage is cleared, proceed through the portal at the bottom of the map to advance to the next stage. Here's a tip: haste your party members before starting the jump quest!

[​IMG]

Beware, there are also deadly totems that will take you down to 100hp regardless of how much health you currently have, have your potions/heal ready!

[​IMG]

A stage that requires one of each class to jump through fire and bats in order to activate their Sigils. The Sigils are located where the Xs are marked as shown in the diagram below. There are 5 Sigils in total to be activated. Be careful however, as there are fake Sigils on the map, so make sure you guys communicate and say which is fake!

[​IMG]

Tip: Each Sigils spawn randomly. Activate the respective Sigils using the Skills listed above.

[​IMG]

This stage requires the collection of the statue's missing weapons. Each class gets its own portal. Enter your respective portal complete the requirements listed below to obtain your weapon.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Warrior: Kill all Crimson Guardians and talk to Master Warrior to receive the Master Sword [​IMG]
    Archer: Kill all Master Guardians and talk to Master Bowman to receive the Ancestral Bow [​IMG]
    Pirate: A Forbidden Gun [​IMG] is hidden in one of these Treasure Chests. Use regular attack skill to open them.
    Magician: This involves a lot of teleportation to reach to the end. Once you’re at the end, talk to Master Mage to receive the Staff of First Magic [​IMG]
    Thief: Use your regular attack skill to hit purple eyes that are scattered around the room. Once done, talk to Master Thief to receive the Primal Claw [​IMG]
    Tip: Flash jump is very important in this stage, use it!

Drop these weapons on the proper locations on the statue, they will glow and disappear. Once all 5 weapons are on the statue, you may proceed to the next stage.

This is how it should look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where the great fun begins. Have your expedition leader to talk to the NPC to begin. Once all mobs have been eliminated, she will summon the Five Bosses.

[​IMG]
    Red Nirg

[​IMG]
    Rellik

[​IMG]
    Margana

[​IMG]
    Hsalf

[​IMG]
    Nagrom

This is a very time consuming stage that requires you to strategize with your teammates. Certain bosses have certain skills that will make the entire task very tough and challenging. Which boss to eliminate first, and which is last? You decide!

[​IMG]

Well done Legends! You’ve done it! Here’s your sweet sweet bonus. There will be several boxes scattered across the room. Hit them continuously with your regular attack skills to open them.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    & many more!
    Special thanks to all of the staff who slaved for hours to make this possible. BIG THANK YOU to shotshot for fixing up so many stuff, and FeroxAnimaFeroxAnima DraudsDrauds OhDoggoOhDoggo HyoonHyoon on for their endless deaths and sacrifices while testing out the PQ :D

Shout out to BronzeBronze for the amazing banner & icons and photoshop magik, very much appreciated, lunchlunch for giving me a better insight on this PQ - gimme your brain I want your knowledge! (I was a clueless and lost puppy), & OhDoggoOhDoggo for helping me with this guide <3

I hope everyone enjoys this PQ, let me know if I miss out anything, and feel free to add in your tips and guides in the comment section down below. I may miss out some stuff because reading and watching videos of CWKPQ for 3 days almost killed me.

Last but not least, try not to die MapleF8

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 17
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    10:45 AM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Is the tao of shadows picture supposed to represent all 3 types of taos are droppable from cwkpq? And how about swiss cheese?

I'm also going to assume that since there needs to be at 2 hosts per cwkpq that there will be no party expedition system. :( FishyFishy

3. OP
    OP
    Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    10:45 PM
    Those were just part of the rewards. Full list.. you guys can find out and be surprised! :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:45 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Do all party members attempting cwkpq need the keystone, or just the host?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Best question yet!

6. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    akashskyakashsky only the host(s) need to do the prequests. As for why (2+) people need to host to do a single cwkpq, its probably due to us not having party expedition which I hoped for.

7. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    davi (shotshot) just confirmed with me that only 1 person (the host) in the squad (10-20 people) needs the prequest items when leading into cwkpq.

8. Kruzynn

Kruzynn Slime

Nov 24, 2017
    Male
    2:45 PM
    Kruzynn
    Priest
    Tip: CB/shads can finish the jump quest with the flying mobs easily due to assaulter.

9. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    shotshot @kimmy I think we need more time for the boss fight. In gms, we got 1.5 hrs to kill 4 bosses. Here, we only have 1 hour to kill 5 bosses and the new boss is super tanky.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:45 PM
    Moderator Post
    Time is not going to be increased and is completely fine.

Get a stronger team.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    3:45 AM
    Bowmaster
    GMS also didn't have Pirate boss, so if you're going to use originality as an argumentative point, you should also suggest removing Pirate boss. The timer was reduced because it was more than enough for us even as a 5 man team during testing.

12. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    We finished in 30 minutes with a 10 man team. Think if you try to run a 6 man, maybe just use apples and stuff?

13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Keep the PQ challenging lol . Grab a new team setup or use stews or apples. And all that stuff. Get stronger or have more people. No reason to make this "easier"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:45 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    One issue right now is that a lot of people are dcing at the boss stage. This ranges from random blackscreens to runtime errors. Could be mitigated through gfxing but...

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not something we have a fix for, I'm afraid. We fixed GFX for all windows except Windows 10, because Windows 10 decided to have additional memory leaks when it comes to MapleStory. My suggestion is to either get VMWare Windows XP (like a lot of servers suggest) or using Windows 8 and under. I believe it's only Windows 10 (possibly also 8) still facing the GFX issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Bonzai

Bonzai King Slime

Apr 2, 2018
    Female
    Bonzaitree
    I/L Arch Mage, Night Lord
    Beaters
    Can we make the White Seal Cushion chair a 'one of a kind item' in addition to it being untradeable? Accidentally looted another one during bonus stage...

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Sure. Is an easy fix.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Bonzai

Bonzai King Slime

Apr 2, 2018
    Female
    Bonzaitree
    I/L Arch Mage, Night Lord
    Beaters
    thanks a lot kimmy ❤️❤️

• Like Like x 2
  19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Is it possible to do the same for blackfist cloak? The untradable cape that gives weapon attack. I think i remember doggo saying in one of the post that it was going to be one of a kind untradable, but I'm not sure if staff decided to just make it normal untradable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    8:45 AM
    Shadower
    I just looted my fourth white seal cushion and i feel bad :(. Will this be added anytime soon?