1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make it possible for shadowers to complete the thief stage in cwkpq

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by aaronis, Feb 7, 2019.

1. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Currently in the crimsonwood partyquest the thief stage can only be completed by a night lord with flash jump and can't be completed by a shadower. Since it is a thief stage it should make sense that it should be possible for both thieves, like how all the other stages are possible for each branch of main class they belong to.
    [​IMG]
    In this picture that jump isn't possible by just jumping, but can be made with both assaulter and flash jump.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In these 2 pictures it shows platforms that are only possible for night lords with flash jump to do and impossible for shadowers to do. To make it possible for shadowers to do this stage there could be mobs with low accuracy on these platforms so it doesn't screw over night lords. A tanky, large mob or a mob that doesn't move could also work, just any mob in general to make it possible to use assaulter onto these platforms (since assaulter can only be used with mobs) would make it possible for shadowers to complete this stage.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  2. Bonkorn

Bonkorn Timer

Dec 16, 2017
    6:28 PM
    Bonkorn, Iclyn, Magicorn
    Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop
    Promise
    get lv90 mu mule

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    probably the dumbest response, its not really an issue we have control on. Its a Thief Stage, not a Hermit/Nightlord stage. It shouldnt be influenced based off mules, even though alot of people use mules for this PQ, but it is definitely unfair for Shadowers

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    feels so ironic to have a shad that can't do their own portal. I feel like just move some of the mobs from the bottom where shads can't reach that platform that nl can do and thats a easy solution.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    11:28 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I need to agree on this. The only few times i tried to join a CWKPQ i got either "we already have 2 NL" or they were recruiting specifically a NL for the JQ part, so basically i haven't been able to try this PQ thanks to sharing job branch with the only class that ppl seems to like.

It would be nicer if at least we weren't seen as more useless as ppl already feel us SlimeCry:heartbreak:
    #Shadlivesmatter

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    6:28 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Been saying for literally years that shads should have FJ

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I think the challenge of the FJ spots is nice since you have to be (sort of) precise with your flash jumps (ok it's super easy, but still nice to see there's a challenge there), but it's just unfair to shadowers.
    Maybe you can make something where meso guard is required to instantly complete the stage or something (1/1 + 50 damage instantly when you jump into a shortcut part or something. This would work because shadowers don't lose all their hp with 1/1 with meso guard)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    6:28 AM
    I don't think a mob at highest point would still help, would need some testing.

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    From what I saw in tests this need actual layout edits with a map editor.

10. onip

onip Red Snail

Sep 13, 2018
    Male
    Shadower
    Bandits are people too ;_;

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

With help from Krauser94Krauser94 we've altered the map which makes it possible for both Shadowers and Night Lord's to do the stage. Furthermore, we've fixed an exploit that allows Corsairs to finish the Thief stage as well. This is all applied next patch.

Accepted :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    4:28 AM
    Shadower
    I would give krauser94 all 56 cents that I have to my name if I ever met him

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1