1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Community Poll] Which would you like to see first?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Feb 14, 2019.

Which would you like to see first?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2019.
  1. Pink Bean

133 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Neo Tokyo Part 2

106 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:45 PM
    Moderator Post
    shotshot have been active working on two content updates, and more. David personally had no issues with doing the one first over the other, so we'll provide a poll and see the demand for each of them.

Do you wish to see Pink Bean first or Neo Tokyo Part 2?*

*Poll outcome may not be the final action as usual
    **Do not use mules to vote. I know everything

Poll closes in 7 days.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:45 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Not quite true.
    The reason you see "11.5k HP min w/o HB" everywhere is because PBs main attack hits roughly 18k. However, what people fail to mention is pb only attacks one side of the map with his main attack, meaning as long as you force pb to face where the warriors hit, you would only need to worry about 1/1 and AOE attack. For example:

Notice the orientation of pb, where its facing the right side the whole time (where warriors are located). So as long as people finds way to maintain the aggro to the right, no range will receive pbs full attack damage.
    Adding onto that, even if pb faces left and casts his attack, its long animation time should give people plenty of time to <<< so that they can dodge it entirely.

The next highest damage would be the reverse-gen attack casted by Ariel, which hits you up to 13k maximum. But again, it can be avoided due to its long cast time:

also notice this guys hp

And statues deal ~8.5k damage maximum.

So in reality, range would require about 8.2k HP without HB to comfortably challenge pb. Granted, you still need a good amount of washing to reach that far, but definitely more doable at 18x level range.

• Informative Informative x 8
  3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Will lv120 weapon be added? and will be they able to level up?. Also, are we getting mw30? o.o

4. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    10:45 AM
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    What does Neo Tokyo part 2 mean in terms of content/items, for the nubs like me who haven't done neo tokyo 1?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I want Pink Bean for the memes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    1:45 PM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    I want both updates next :(. But considering how much balancing pink bean would require, I think new tokyo part 2 would be a more logical update first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    what is neo Tokyo part 2? what are the maps/bosses?

8. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Also, how about the shaolin temple boss? Is that also in the works as well?

9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I get the impression that Neo-Tokyo part 2 will make it easier to attempt Pink Bean, but really I have no idea what either piece of content will give us.

And if people are limited to 2 PB attempts per day I'm not sure if it'll be completed for weeks or maybe even a month, so whatever help Neo-Tokyo could offer would be greatly appreciated on that front.

Also more people will be able to do Neo-Tokyo over Pink Bean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    As neo tokyo part 1 is of any indication, neo tokyo part 2 will have 1 week of hype and then it's dead content to everyone except for 10 people because they realize crafting nt stuff is a very time consuming process. But yea neo tokyo part 2 hype!!!

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I would like to see the Reverse & Timeless Gear along with the Maker Skill to be a part of Pink Bean. I know it's a tall order (and have been told that it's impossible, but I believe in workarounds).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Party expedition needs to be released first but that is not compatible with this version of maple :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I voted for neo tokyo part 2 because I've never actually experienced it. That being said, what does neo tokyo part 2 even give in terms of drops?

Also I voted for it because content wise, neo tokyo is much more reasonable to complete than pink bean.

pink bean is super hype, but is an unkillable boss for maplelegends due to 2 reasons:

1) 1 hour time limit
    A 1 hour time requirement forces the majority of your party to be end game bowmasters / NLs just because you need the DPS.

2) HP washing requirement
    Pink bean requires ranged classes to wash to 11.5k. Even with the MoN, Tier 10 ring, Blackfist cape, Elin forest ring, and decent pet HP gears, you are still looking at washing to over 9k base HP. The issue with this is that a lot of current end game players will need to remake their ranged DPS characters in order to do this boss.

I suggest leaving the hp washing requirement as is, but perhaps increasing either the 1 hour timer or the number of people you can bring to pink bean (make it go over 30). I think increasing the timer would help the most, because I'm not sure if we actually have 30 people on the server high enough level and gear wise to attempt pink bean.

I think raising pink beans timer to somewhere between 2 to 4 hours is a good adjustment.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    If we get the new weapons NT weapons will be pretty much useless o.o if they both will be as rare.

15. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    3:45 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    NT at least can be traded/sold. Reverse/Timeless weapons are completely untradeable once equipped, but I'm not even sure if ML staff would even release those weapons, or tweak it etc...

16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i would like PB out first, but in reality NT pt2 would be better to come out first, because people are still lvling/washing for PB potential. While NT pt2 is more viable/compatible for people who didnt wash alot.

Please remember they are BOTH going to be released, just one will be worked on more first. NT pt2 would be more viable.
    More people need to do NT tbh, but not enough people are doing it. The exp is actually hella good. EXP/HP ratio is really well done.

here is the Guide/equips given in NT pt2 (scroll to the bottom)
    https://ccplz.net/threads/neo-tokyo-guide.29957/

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    So basically the only equip from it is the auf haven circlet? In that case I guess I wish I could change my vote to pink bean.

18. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:45 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    NT2 would provide more bosses to help you level, but yea auf is pretty much the only thing... all other NT gear has already been released through crafting & noran

19. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    NT Exp is pretty fknce good. if you do all the bosses,its about the same/more Exp than HT. plus you arent sitting in the map for 2hrs unlike Horntail.

20. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yeah it might be better to have NT2, so ppl have an easier time leveling. Does introducing NT2 make it easier to craft the NT weapons? I hope that more neo tokyo weapons make their way into the market, right now people only sell materials.