1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase drop rate for Cornian's dagger

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Feb 14, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:30 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I've farmed a few of these daggers so far for the horntail prequest, and the drop rate is very, very low.

I've gone 35 minutes + farming on a map clearing fourth job mage without getting one to drop.

I know that this server is suppose to be old school and difficult, but I don't recall it being this hard to get a cornian dagger in old GMS - though I may be wrong.

This part of the pre-quest is a big reason why many people opt to simply leave characters in horntail cave instead of redo the quest.

I want to suggest to increase the drop rate to match that of cornian marrow (last time I tried farming for daggers, I came across 5 cornian marrows before a single dagger dropped).

Anyways, if this suggestion is rejected, I guess i might as well join the ranks of the cave dwellers and leave my horntail character in the cave.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    pure RNG, sometimes i get it in 2mins, or 20mins or even an hr. sometimes i get it in less than 2 kills. And not really. most ppl who leave chars in HT cave, is because they are doing multiple HT runs. Marrow is worse than Dagger sometimes. marrow is NOT better LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Agree with FishyFishy. The drop rate for the dagger and marrow are very random. Sometimes I get 2 of one before getting the other...

4. VintrosaBarn

VintrosaBarn Slime

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    12:30 PM
    VintrosaBarn
    Hero
    Nebula
    I dont think it is to bad. Marrow can be harder to get bc you can save multiple dagger for later.

5. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    1:30 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    PTSD :'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    My highscore so far is 2 hours and 12 minutes for a single dagger. SeemsGood
    Most a marrow took me is 30 minutes or so, but usually I get them before my first HS runs out, and I also usually stack 2 so I only have to look for marrow once every two elixirs. XD
    Dagger, however... *shiver*

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    12:30 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I've seen a clear pattern where mages somehow get marrows easier while other classes get the dagger easier. I know mages have lowered droprate, but that doesn't explain the marrow thing.. well, use the knowledge as you will :)

//Edit: I usually get a marrow in like 5-10 minutes with my bish. Dagger takes an average of 15-20