1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Memory Monk: Sus or Pedo? Is ToT the story of a serial killer in the making?(Also archer blog entry)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firesarrow, Feb 13, 2019.

1. firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    12:55 PM
    MooncakeBear
    I/L Arch Mage, Sniper, Buccaneer
    Lucid
    I haven't post in my blog in a while. Both Alpines and I have been busy lately. So I decided to post another random mob thing. Enjoy!

Here's my friend and Is' archer blog link if your interested

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...comparison-diary-bow-vs-crossbow-users.23891/

Topic 1: Sus or Pedo Memory Monk?

Yesterday I was with my friend, cococha, finishing up at Temple of Time. (We finished all of them! Lyka was the most annoying seduce boss ever T-T)
    As we were doing it, we started thinking.

Thinking about one mob in particular:
    sus monk.PNG

The memory monk.

Anyone get sus vibe feeling from this mob? With its overly smiley mask? Like it will lure little children in by offering them candy?

Just a thought, but what if inside those covered sleeves lies.... a child capturing device like a whip or some chains or some candy. Or maybe its just rubbing its hands together as it spots the next maple victim and plots under its mask.

And we came to this conclusion:
    GMS original plans: When this mobs attacks, the smiley mask opens and then its reveals its evil face/ self which attacks you.

Aka a pedo mob.

Thoughts? Is this monk sus or pedo?

Topic Part 2 for Discussion: Temple of Time: A serial killer in the making?
    As we finished the ToT quests (and read it). Oblivion means forgetfulness. Aka the third trial/area, the player must overcome to proceed to fight the pink bean.

Having played gms, I was obsessed with story lore so here's a bit of a background from Temple of Time. If anyone thought differently please comment.

Within the Temple of Time, Rhinne, the goddess of time, was sealed by Arkanium (a black mage commander) for refusing to cooperate with the Black Mage. (and possibly BM tried to steal her transcendent powers but was unsuccessful)

A random pink bean from a different dimension was put at the end of the temple to prevent anyone from lifting the seal on the goddess or prevents anyone from approaching.

In addition, someone (I think the temple keeper) sealed the temple of time maps as well so no one could get closer. (And risk disturbing the goddess from her sleep)

It is regarded as a holy place of the goddess.

The player asks the temple keeper for permission to go through temple. The player must pass the temple keepers trials by proving their worthiness. They must overcome the 3 human traits: memory, regret, and oblivion (aka forgetfulness.)

And thus the monks from the three different areas have different emotions on their mask based on the trait the area presents.

This piece might have been a later version of gms but the bosses of each area say the following as you attack them.
    Dodo (green area) says: you who is bogged down by memory cannot proceed forward (boss makes you forget your past after killing)
    Lilynouch (blue area): you who is bogged down by regret cannot proceed forward (aka boss freezes player's emotions after killing)
    Lyka: you cannot pass (i don't remember what Lyka says)

And thus the player must go to the record keeper after killing Dodo to visit your 1st job instructor to reinvoke your past memories.

And that's why the player must go to the sorcerer after killing Lilynouch to drink a killing potion to unfreeze your emotions.

This is why the player must go to the record keeper after killing Lyka to travel to all the ToT npcs (This quest is cut from maplelegends because we do not have the pink bean boss. This quest heavily implies a unknown chaos/monster has formed at the end of the Temple of Time)

So back to the topic, my friend and I were thinking. ( as she was watching youtube videos about forensics and serial killers) in specific Ted Bundy and Jack the ripper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKG61Do3iM

These three traits are like the process from a child to a serial killer.

Observe (albeit in opposite direction):

upload_2019-2-12_18-50-11.png >>>> upload_2019-2-12_18-50-35.png >>> upload_2019-2-12_18-50-57.png

>>>> then>>>> DUN DUN DUN [​IMG] (lol)

Phase 1: Unhappy child (eg broken family abuse etc.) resorts to kill small animals and creatures

Phase 2: Cutting off of emotions while killing bigger things. Ex. first human kill and beyond. Does not empathize with the victim.

Phase 3: Killing for fun. aka killing victims and enjoying to kill. Killing spree

Comments and thoughts?

Disclaimer: This post is all in the name of fun and enjoyment. Please do not take these posts seriously.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    I posted this before i could post a survey.

Respond 1 for pedo

Respond 2 for sus

Respond 3 for whaaaa?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Keenan

Keenan King Slime

Jun 1, 2018
    Male
    USA
    3:55 PM
    Keenan
  4. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    9:55 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I think you can edit the thread to add the poll, i think there must be a way. Besides that, it was a really entertaining piece of info. SlimeBlush

PS: 3. I think 3 describes more how i felt reading it XD

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    3:55 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Topic 1, absolutely. The more you stare at that smile, the worse it gets. And the way it holds its hands together isn't normal either. Holding them lower would be normal. Holding them that high up looks like "MMMMMNNNN I'm gonna git me somadat"

I would love to hear your theories on this -
    https://lib.maplelegends.com/?p=monster&id=8090000

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    Hey hey hey. Thanks for your response. hehe definietly agree with the hand thing its waaaaay too high.

Hmm deet and roi. Ive honestly never though about about that one. Ill hafta do some digging to get the background of that mob to create some theories.

Stay tuned I look into it! *insert wink emoji here*

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    firesarrow

firesarrow Chronos

Feb 12, 2018
    Female
    MooncakeBear
    Lucid
    As promised, I was thinking about Deet and Roi for a bit.

Looking at Deet and Roi pictures, and I noticed that Deet and Roi seemed like an upgraded version of the D-roy. But like with a neo huroid fused at the bottom

Observe:
    [​IMG] >>>> [​IMG]

And also Deet and Roi had a roid at the top of a machine. And then this story was born. Enjoy!

It's also lowkey a story a romance because its valentines day. I was going to make the roid just jealous and kill the neo huroid to steal its power for itself because the roid wants to be the most powerful roid in all of magatia. But because its the day of love ill soften it a bit. Heh.

Ok here we go with the Deet and Roi theory.

So after doing a bit of digging and doing a few quests. As always here's a background of Magatia first.
    A long time ago, the Black Mage had an underground laboratory where he build an underground pentacle. The black mage, being the gifted magician he was always recorded everything.

A while passed

Soon after the town Magatia was built on top on the black mage's lab. One day the leads of Alcadno and Zenumist societies found it. (back when they were still working together.) Together they work together to create alchemy based on the black mage's study. But eventually though their differences in alchemy approach the presidents split apart. They constantly dispised each other's approach to alchemy and thus magatia is a town full of lies and deceit.

Back to the story of Deet and Roi
    The Alcadno eventually built Roids. Which are the mobs u know.
    [​IMG]
    Roi was one of those roids.
    As a machine created by the studies of the Black Mage. He obviously has some of the BM darkness/evil inside him. He's also a very gifted engineer.

Roi had a bestie Neo Huroid friend named Deet.
    [​IMG]
    As some of you may know the Neo Huroid machine model is an upgraded version of the Roid Machine due to its energy source. It's source was built by the Alcadnos to be durable and last a long time. Thus it is lvl 90 as opposed to the lvl 30 mobs outside of magatia. It was built with the genius study of the Black Mage.

Nevertheless, Deet was built with a defect in its machinery and barely functioned.

Roi being a machine doesn't feel emotions, but he wanted Deet's energy source too because he always had to recharge. Roi wanted a source that could last forever. And he sought to take the energy source from the already half dead Deet.

But being his best friend he also wanted to still be together with Deet forever, but he didn't want to see Deet suffer anymore in his sad state of existence.
    So he went to Maed the president of the Alcadno and asked him for permission to build a machine that can suck the energy out of the neo huroid mobs.
    Maed agreed because he's evil.

One day when Deet was on the verge of death, Roid crazy with grief, and now on his new energy sucking machine, grabbed Deet by its energy sucking tubes and proceeded to suck all the energy power out of him.
    [​IMG]

And the D-roy mob was born. Deet's energy is being stolen from him by Roi who is sitting at the top of the machine (lol if u can see it)

After being taken of all his magic powers, Deet's body was destoyed, but since so much of his power was taken by the machine, the machine literally became him. (that didn't make sense lol)
    And thus the deet and Roi was born.

[​IMG]

Now Deet and Roi can be together forever as a twisted machine. Deet and Roi love each very much and are both happy with this situation.

They prey all on the peoples that come into Magatia. But together!~

The End.

Comments and Thoughts? Is love in the air now cuz its valentines day? LOl

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019