1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rien, Ereve, Edelstein

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrickTrack, Feb 23, 2019.

1. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    3:57 PM
    Everwind
    Page
    Since we have certain maps that are pre-big bang. Is it possible to add these areas WITHOUT adding the classes from said content? If it was possible we would have additional monster book cards, some extra low level spots and obviously some quests with Edelstein.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    12:57 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Rien and Ereve - dear God I hope not. Those places were ugly and short - they were condensed Maple Island wannabes.

Edelstein, on the other hand, I did like the way Neckson designed that area. I wouldn't mind having that area accessible with the full quest line and WITHOUT, as you you said, the extra classes that made the game worse.

As far as the extra monster cards, the ML Admins still have other areas to add (NLC & Thailand), but if there are too many easy cards to pick up (Orange/Yellow/Green Tabs) then I think the Tier Ring system would need to be altered because otherwise Tier 10 becomes increasingly easier to get - and Kimberly has already expressed her complete and unmitigated disapproval of making a Tier 11 ring.

3. OP
    OP
    TrickTrack

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    While true Rien and Ereve are small its mostly the music I mostly liked. In terms of Edelstein it did have some high level areas as well. After the areas being worked on it was a suggestion as to what COULD come next.

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PziC96pT_8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UTcl0T7sWk

If you want the music to these areas, those links will do the trick. I doubt very much they would put a lot of work integrating these areas into the MapleLegends world just so a few people could listen to the music.

It was a suggestion to what might come next in Edelstein, but Neckson never took us any farther. Instead, they just created a lot of OP specialized characters and a lot of streamlined areas. I'm sure once all other areas that were normally found in GMS, KMS, JMS, MSEA, and all the rest have been fully integrated, Kimberly may look into finding a way to incorporating Edelstein.

5. OP
    OP
    TrickTrack

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    Hey that is a win in my book, thanks for the consideration!

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:57 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Absolutely, completely, unmitigated disapproval of a tier 11 ring?

...When a tier 10 ring already represents about 91% of that?

7. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    8:57 PM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Certainly don't agree with adding such areas without adding everything that goes with it.

It doesn't seem to have any point to me. or it's just wrong? Rien without Aran? Weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    TrickTrack

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    Its just for the added areas, its kinda like Florina Beach. Its an incredibly small area with little to go there for except cards and some of the quests. Edelstein would be a better addition it just needs to be without the Resistance classes.

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Yeah, that's what she said.

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    When adding areas, we may want to ask what Neckson had in mind. With Ereve and Rien we know that Neckson had in mind creating six new classes that weren't all that original. I could see, perhaps, people believing that level 200 was too difficult to achieve in MS and so the Cygnus Knights were created to give players a sense of finishing the game having only getting to level 120. There was also the Blessing of the Fairy (I think it was called?) to give your main a boost as a reward for playing your Cygnus Knight. But the characters didn't add any new dimensions to the game, and the Ereve area only furthered a story line that I doubt anyone really cared about. The same was true with Rien - a starting area for a character that didn't add anything new and furthered an irrelevant story line.

To compare those two areas to Florina Beach, you're missing one thing. Coconuts can only be found on Florina Beach and there are several quests in different parts of the Maple World that ask for those. Florina Beach, at the very least, adds one unique etc drops that the game cannot fully function without.

Edelstein, perhaps, gives a slightly different take on what Neckson was trying to do. Edelstein was released BEFORE the Resistance Classes were released in GMS - and when they were released, they weren't released all at the same time. Obviously, Neckson intended the area to be where the Resistance classes began, but it was created so well (imo) that I don't think we even need those classes to allow this area to exist. I think Neckson left a lot of untapped potential to this area. The ore drops exclusive to this area were never utilized for anything. I was under the impression that Neckson was going to introduce mining for ores in a way where you had to go to specific areas of the Maple World to mine for certain ores - but we all know how they f**ked that all up. Still, Edelstein looks good - but my hopes are the following are introduced to ML before Edelstein: The Maker Skill, Mu Lung Dojo, Reverse/Timeless Gear.

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:57 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think we all know what Neckson is thinking whenever they crank out an update.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    TrickTrack

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    I definitely agree with you Annolis. Either way excited to see what comes next in ML.