1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ring? :0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bambo, Feb 26, 2019.

Should there be a Quest Item ring too? Tell me the reason!

1. YAS!!!!!!

110 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. NO:(

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:10 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    My take?

Rewarding players for doing an activity other than afk leeching is always a plus.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    I'm pretty sure it's been stated that medals aren't happening ever, period, for a variety of reasons. If that's the case, does it change your mind?

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:10 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Nope! I think Medals can be introduced if the staff is willing to put in the work to make it happen. The platform should upgrade to a .75 at some point anyway, and this is another plus of that happening. Also, the Maker Skill can be implemented that way, too. [Tangent: The mob placements and the original Maple Island are the biggest reasons why a .62 server should be preferred, but that doesn't stop a .75 server from being made and having .62 mob placements and the original Maple Island integrated into the .75 server. The best reason to have .75 is that it carries the ability to have Medals, the Dojo, the Maker Skill, and Reverse/Timeless gear.]

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:10 PM
    Moderator Post
    Version changes are not going to happen anytime soon. Just putting that out there so the discussion of that can be left behind

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    If i need to give an opinion on this as a quester myself, is that i could assure (and i think is pretty obvious that more quests are appearing since the Golden Temple ones are there already on the Available tab) is that the 1000 quests goal isn't impossible on ranking numbers and the way they get count, even if you miss all the PQ related ones, the lvl cap ones and the hidden ones.

Also, trying to clarify to ppl that the 1k count on quests is not like "oh i can accept 1k quests in game WOOT?!". No, is basically counting the quests inside questlines too.

There aren't THAT many quests sadly (Also, Neckson did a shit job for ppl above lvl 100 and there aren't too many quests for high lvls with a deep bg story, but most of the low lvl long questlines IF YOU READ THEM, are really interesting)

So just saying that, if this happens, questing is not the devil, it makes the game entertaining for ppl like me SlimeXD

PS: If i need to say "yes" to get it added is because i want to make all that ppl that always told me "quests are boring ugggh", make them. Yeah, i want to see them suffer and complain, no regrets MapleF3

6. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    11:10 AM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    What about adding belts?
    I remember it was a thing on GMS at some point. It can be a great way to reward people for questing while not overflowing the server with rings, and not replacing other items that might be used as face/eye acc.
    I think it might be a nice solution, but then again I'm not sure when exactly belts came out and if it is possible to implement on this server.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I believe Belts came out in .75 with the Dojo. I'd steer away from Belts as a Quest reward because that would seriously undermine the value of the Dojo Belts - which should be the end-all be-all for Belts.

8. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    As I said, I don't remember the specifics but I would LOVE to see belts in game as a new equipment and a reward for questing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Belts is not possible in v62

10. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    RIP FoxF4

11. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    1:10 PM
    Thief
    +1 for belts regardless of questing

12. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Please stop suggesting for belts since it's just not possible to add.

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well............. There IS a slot you could add stats to still, I think. Pet equips. :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    This one would be annoying though. Since you need to rely on your pet being alive or fully there, and also will collide with the pet HP equips that some ppl scrolled for sure. It's less sad to get your pet dead when you only miss a scrolled equip than losing a quite decent one like the one is getting suggested here.

So even being a good choice, i don' think is the best one. (Rings are mostly the "best" option imo)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I really like this idea as well, as another player who feels like questing is underrated, sadly. Questing could become another social activity- not only do some quests require pq's, but they're also really fun when done together sometimes.

Perhaps to address the issue of existing players being able to 'shoot up' the ring tiers, you could add in some kind of quest/errand such as the jewel quests for MB ring, but something a little extra, like going to specific NPC's for each milestone. That would at least require the character to be a tiny bit active to acquire the ring. Something that could just be done by a new player easily on their way to each tier, even before they are close to completing the tier. As long as they pass through a specific NPC.

Something like Chief Stan for T1, The Rememberer for T2, Dr.Kim for T3, Alcaster for T4, etc.

And naturally, a design contest for the ring design MapleF11

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    7:10 AM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    I like the idea of making the player have to talk to different NPCs to upgrade the ring. Also there could be a quest to upgrade the ring so people that already completed a lot of quests would still have to complete these new quests. For example: You complete 80~ quests, go to Chief Stan to upgrade your ring to T1, and then you have to complete a new quest, where you have to kill 30 of every monster around Henesys (Snails, Shrooms...).

• Like Like x 1
  17. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    WELL higher lvl players are able to get the ring faster because of more efficient attack and more monsters they can kill faster, but even as lvl 15x it took me 2 month of only hunting cards to get t10.
    Just wanted to put it out there.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    there are already 4 ring so one of them will become usless unless u could upgrade the elin ring or somthing

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    What are the 4 stat giving rings we have? Right now don't we only have 3? Elin, Monster book, ring passion?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I think of the Monster Book one, the Valentines one, and the Ellin one? Which one im missing? (Either Wedding ring or the Zombie one, that i thought it expired, maybe im missing something). But in any case, what you said there wouldn't be a bad thing related to the quest world.

If it could fit on one extra slot, ofc it would be nice, but then "upgrading ellin ring" wouldnt be a bad idea if the ring appeared.

You need to do the Ellin quest for sure if you want to have the quests done AND ppl does the ring one anyways because they want the extra stats, so i assume everyone aiming to it wil have this one. Only downside would be that it wouldnt benefit low level players as the OP said as a main goal.

But again, i think we only have 3 rings MapleF12