1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Website Suggestion: Recent Unique Players

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Precel, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:15 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I've noticed people asking how many people play on this server, but unfortunately we don't have that number.

We have currently online players, and we can make guesses based on that, but it'd be more accurate and useful if there was a statistic on how many unique players logged in during last week or last month.

Plus, this will help us keep track of rise/fall in player count.

One problem I see with unique player count is that it's going to be an over-count with mule accounts. I personally think that's fine, since current online players also count for mules and other servers probably allow mules too. If you want to be more accurate, I reckon you could also check for IP addresses when counting unique players.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:15 PM
    Moderator Post
    While we could do this, other servers are not doing it as well. Unfortunately, people are already basing literally everything on just the user count. It's not that I mind having such thing as a unique online count, but I believe it's bad for the server when it comes to people deciding if they want to join the server or not, and other vectors.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019