1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

XP OFF

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kanade, Mar 9, 2019.

Should this be a thing?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. No, but actually Yes.

3.8%
  3. Kimmy is flat as a board

34.6%
  1. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    2:00 AM
    Xp off command, Why? Convenience of not having to suicide 9001 times to stay within a certain level range for whatever reason.

Make it a donor command to avoid abuse?

• Like Like x 2
  2. telemachus

telemachus Horny Mushroom

Feb 4, 2019
    null
    7:00 AM
    null
    Beginner
    null
    i vote yes, because allowing end users to intentionally cripple themselves is always good

in fact, while we're at it there should be a switch that makes all quaffed potions have 1/5 effectiveness. and we should have a switch that requires players to put a bunch of points into a stat they don't use so they can game the system and use stat resets to magically get hitpoints out of it

wait

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    3:00 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I actually think it might be not a really bad idea, but not sure if it's even possible.
    I've had to suicide so many times to stay in range for a certain pq XD
    But i'm not sure it's even possible to do, but it's a fun idea to think about.
    Mute chat, mute whisper, mute exp :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    4:00 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Then you should still leech exp, else selling leech would be way too op..
    Keeping your mules at a certain level does sound nice, but it's your own responsibility to do so. Maple was never meant for mules in the first place

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. telemachus

telemachus Horny Mushroom

Feb 4, 2019
    null
    7:00 AM
    null
    Beginner
    null
    maplestory was also never meant for dweebs to e-date on, yet super-megaphones provide the perfect medium for anyone to publickly water at the mouth in hopes of a pixelated boy/girlfriend with a head as large as the entire rest of their body combined

6. OP
    OP
    Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    Don't really get what your saying :confused:

But, people suicide so they can stay in the level range for PQs or Leech anyway. I'm just suggesting a QoL feature since PQs especially give 2x exp which means more hassle staying within the level range, even worse if your a thief with all that luk. I don't really see how it could be abused is it necessary? No but is it convenient? Yes. Does it affect the games integrity? If QoL changes do then better nerf every QoL change we have for that true hardcore nostalgic experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Maybe make it in a way that turns off only exp from quests (because pq is a quest) so it won't be abused by people when leeching - you will still get exp when killing a monster and/or the boss of the pq but end up with much less exp anyway?

8. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    10:00 AM
    Crusader
    I asked for a suicide button in the past, I have at least 200 deaths from killing myself for KPQ/LPQ/EPQ/OPQ. This would be especially nice in the case of EPQ because unless you go straight 45-56 you will over level before you can get the glowing earrings. With the death count visible now my other suggestion to have an opt out of clear exp from PQs would be preferable. I know at least 2 people who didn't get glowing earrings because they didn't want to raise their death count.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Would be nice. Not fun killing yourself to keep from leveling. I had such trouble with Magatia PQ.

Agree.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    5:00 PM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    I see it as more mesos for leechers... nice try

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    Leech sellers would already suicide to stay within level ranges for efficient leech, this is a QoL suggestion, Your basically saying no because i don't like leech sellers and i want things to be more inconvenient for them? My personal reason for suggesting this is the chore of staying within KPQ range.

Like i said before, is it necessary? No, Is it convenient? Yes, Does it impact anyone or the game integrity negatively? Yes = Better ban leeching while we're at it (How dare people pay mesos to get leveled instead of grinding themselves), otherwise No?

12. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    10:00 AM
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    +1 for this feature if it's possible!

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:00 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, an exp off feature would be very nice. I remember having to kill myself a bunch just to collect all 10 of those diary pages in OPQ. The main reason people are going to want this is so that they can stay within a level range in PQs.

14. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Disagree? the exp need to go somewhere so the damn leecher will use that commend and ask for more mesos it’s reminds me the partner patch for gms or whatever it called high levels q with low level players and killed mobs at mp3 and it took them hour to reach level 60 (I did it ton of times) but in this case only the buyers will recive the exp which will make leech more expensive..

tho Kim will never add it

Edit self leech with that commend 10-120 in 7days yea let’s just back to gms huh?

15. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL

Nop I’m buying leech when I can but I don’t wanna pay a lot for it lol

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You're not making any sense at all. This command would just stop the character who uses it from gaining exp. It's not going to give other people more exp.

This actually has nothing to do with leeching anyway, so I don't see what your big deal is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    You wrong the exp needs to go somewhere... it’s logic
    If the leecher won’t get the exp where it will go? you’ll mess with tons of coding if you will succeed doing that gl

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It doesn't have to go anywhere. All exp gained is decided on the server side. A simple command to set a flag and then a boolean check can make it so the server skips over exp packets and updating that data to your character entirely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Know what?

Maplestory should not stop you from leveling.

and again Kim won’t add it (I hope)

20. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Personally probably wouldn't need it, unless I do ever get to a point where I have all PQ mules. But it's a good idea, and there's no problem with it. It doesn't seem like a hard thing to code, either, not any more than our fame off command.
    Big Yes.

(in programming, there is no such thing as conservation of exp or meso. whatever you dictate is the law)

• Agree Agree x 1