1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Dunas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LiquidOoze, Mar 8, 2019.

1. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    11:43 AM
    Hey is it possible you guys buff either the exp or the drop rate of Dunas so it's actually worthwhile to do. With the damage reflect right now it easily takes over an hour to kill for bare minimum reward and terrible exp. Sure magical throwing knives are a great incentive but it's more common that Dunas drops a single Crystal or etc item thank mtks. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    6:43 PM
    Thief
    also nameless and verga droprate really bad...
    and eruwater/maverick maps are so hard to grind on (atleast for nl)

3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    8:43 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Dunas i can understand, but the other maps/bosses arent really an issue. its new endgame weapons/gear, it shouldnt be easy to get. majority of the bosses drops all stones/plants, so thats best way to get the mats. you just need to run it daily. As for the maps, thats kindve JMS's fault for eruwaters, but nothing we can do about it \o/

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Damn

Damn Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2018
    Male
    Ryoku
    I/L Arch Mage
    I support this. Gives more people another incentive to go for Neo Tokyo. It has really died down since it launched, but that might be because upcoming players don't know about it and the other pros are busy doing cwkpq with amazing drops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    6:43 PM
    Thief
    Verga nameless and dunas are super hard rn idk why they don't get better droprate
    Also Maverick map is impossible to grind on (speaking as nl) and the eruwater won't let u even jump at the platform map.
    Only 1h sword and 1h bw (well with cwkpq crushed skull not 1h bw as well) are worth making right now and it's kinda sad.
    If u look at fm, u can owl all day Omega plant/sigma/saint stone/wise stone but there are just none. Idk why gm are ok with that
    #makeneotokyogreatagain

6. Damn

Damn Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2018
    Male
    Ryoku
    I/L Arch Mage
    Exactly. The drops aren't common enough that groups want to run, and aside from the throwing star and a few weapons, there really aren't much to go for. Also farming coins take time.

7. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    5:43 PM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    dunas takes like 15min to kill o.o

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    [​IMG]
    15 mins and RocklerRockler died like 8 mins in because he's shit :lemmesmash:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    10:43 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Had Dunas had no skill delays when casting DR, I would have understood because one essentially had to rely on "feels" to combat against it, making the fight fairly challenging and more RNG. However, it is not really the case anymore after we introduced proper mob skill delays upon casting each skills including DR like how GMS handled it, which (theoretically) will give you a plenty of time to stop attacking as soon as you see you see the warning animation and damage.

Another problem that I see by buffing the drop rate for Dunas is it can still easily be solo-ed by range. Granted, its more challenging now due to introduction of DR, but I honestly don' think it has gotten that much difficult as long as one keeps an eye out for the animation before Dunas casts it. Adding with the fact that range can still entirely avoid dispels as long as they keep a good distance from the mob, I believe it will be like pre-DR all over again where one BM or NL just farms for ntk daily within them self. Therefore, until we can figure out good ways to discourage solo play and promote killing it as a group, we have no intentions of modifying the rate for ntk as of yet.

For now, we are still carefully monitoring how mob skill changes have affected the difficulty of mobs in general. We will continue to look after it and make any adjustments if we find it to be necessary.
    Thanks!

10. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Blue Snail

Mar 10, 2019
    Male
    If discouraging soloing the boss is the goal why not require a party present to enter or spawn?

11. OP
    OP
    LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    Can you tell me who on the server that's ranged can still easily solo it? I'm genuinely curious since from reading your post, you think post damage reflect and pre damage reflect Dunas are pretty similar. Ranged attackers can avoid multiple boss attacks in the game. For example pirate dispel in cwkpq, lightning from samurai, lightning from nameless magical monster, and others because that's just how the gameplay is, they shouldn't be penalized for being able to avoid Dunas dispel. It's been quite a few weeks, mob changes have generally made the respective bosses more difficult. Previously if you wanted to find lilynouch they probably weren't even be up but now if you go look for them you can easily find all channels up since not many enjoy the hassle of killing them. There is no justifiable reason that both exp and drop rates should be so terrible for Dunas. You could give a reasonable exp buff to compensate since you seem to be heavily against a drop rate buff. Compare the difficulty of Dunas and the other neo Tokyo bosses and tell me you think getting less than 5mil exp is okay (I don't know exact exp since library is down).

12. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Fak u LMAO

13. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Tried a Dunas solo today, took me 30min with heartstoppers. Expwise its trash af. And duo/trio is prob recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Simply increasing the player requirement will not be an optimal solution as people can still use mules to bypass it, or just ask people around to enter the boss and leave right after.

Please read carefully on what I said again and nowhere did I mention that difficulty of Dunas for pre and post DR patch are similar. In fact, I specifically mentioned that it has gotten more difficult, but not enough to the point where it made killing Dunas close to impossible when mob skill delays simply did not exist. The reason I said ranged can still relatively easily solo it is because Dunas has one of the longest warning warning damage/animation in the game, (roughly around 3 seconds) making it fairly easy to avoid as long as you keep an eye one it. And since that was quite literally the only change that was made to the boss for introduction of DR, people that was able to solo it before would definitely be able to solo it now.

Lilynouch has never been that popular or fought for even before the DR patch actually because items it drop are not that valuable. Only reason people killed Lilynouch was so they could complete the tot quest, so I am not surprised that it is still there. Also, I or none of our staff are not "heavily" against the mtk buff, rather like to take our time before making any drastic changes. Again, we are still monitoring how the boss is running and will make changes when we find it necessary.

15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    LiquidOozeLiquidOoze 9812 solos it still, he just has to pay attention now instead of just holding 1 button.
    shotshot I wouldnt buff the droprate , but the EXP is around 1m, while other bosses are 10m. Feel like the EXP should match with the other bosses, or else the only incentive to kill dunas, is to clear for friends/farm coins.

16. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    Verga is only a hard boss if you're not willing to pay attention, but all the Neo bosses should at least drop like Nibergen imo (few crystals, equips, with chance of energizers, scrolls, plant/stone). The exp is nice but a boss dropping 1 silver coin (or nothing lul) is meme tier.