1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ring? :0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bambo, Feb 26, 2019.

Should there be a Quest Item ring too? Tell me the reason!

1. YAS!!!!!!

110 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. NO:(

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    10:02 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    An extra 500 or 1000 HP from a new equip is gonna make a hell of a lot more difference for a new player who just found out about HP washing than it is for a top-tier endgame NL who already washed to 12k.

Besides, you can already wash as much as you want to become as unkillable as you please. The only difference between gaining HP through washing and gaining HP through questing is the means - both require time and effort.

Even with another 1000 HP from equips (on top of everything we already have), a BM or NL would still have to wash pretty heavily to reach the minimum recommended amount of HP for PB (11.5k). That's fine, and I understand when you say that not just anyone should be able to attempt Pink Bean. Washing is likely here to stay. However, what we're trying to do here is alleviate a problem that has existed from the beginning of the server and has probably driven away hundreds of players since.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    9:02 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Again though: Is HP washing that serious of an issue still? What content are people being locked out of now with what they can currently get from equips?

Minimum thief HP is 20 x level + 378. So at level 160 a thief will have a minimum of 3578 HP if they roll minimal HP 160 times(GL with that, you'll probably have ~300 more HP than that figure). This thief goes for a tier 10 ring(1,000 HP), does the Ellin quest line(100 HP), scrolls his pet equip(~100 HP), gets a Blackfist Cloak from CWKPQ(300 HP), and uses a Mark of Naricain for a pendant(300 HP).

All of these items are best in slot, so the thief isn't giving up anything to wear them. This gives him an extra 1800 HP in total, and he now has a total of 5378 without ever washing. If he had average HP gains per level, then that thief would now have 5.6k HP for killing Horntail with HB. If it's still such a big issue then we should probably point to specifics in the numbers for what is possible rather than make broad generalizations about washing as a system.

3. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    7:02 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    right now the server is kind of hp wash optional.(because im not sure about neo tokyo bosses).
    but pink bean is on the way. and we miss around 1500hp to do it(if they dont nerf it). no one know if the staff want to keep the server optional. and some ppl want to keep hp washing demand(like you). so thats why we worried.

4. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
  5. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    12:02 PM
    Apparently the new hp requirement for ranged classes at HT is 6.3k after the buff, so even with all this hp gear washing is still required to HT at a reasonable level.

But on top of that, there's now also bosses like Jiaoceng (lvl 150) and Vergamot (lvl 168) which require 7k before hb, and Pink bean on the way which will require much more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    Zombie ring it's part of Halloween event

7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Pink Bean should not be doable without washing. It will be the highest level content in the game and he should remain a challenge for people who have invested the most in the game.

And those goals are very reachable with a very modest investment in int. Having base 40 int and having 40 int in equipment at level 60 will give you an extra 800 mp by level 160 on a Night Lord. That can be made into an extra 1200 HP and it's hardly a noticeable difference in trying to level up. That's a very bare minimum of washing done and they are capable of doing Jiaoceng or the Neo-Tokyo bosses around level 170-175.

If people aren't willing to put in the very bare minimum of work to wash their Night Lord, then why should the staff create another massive time investment to even attempt to cater to these people? Are there even people like that - who refused to wash but think doing 1,000 quests is a solid strategy to get HP? Frankly anyone who isn't willing to put in at least 40 int shouldn't be demanding to do Horntail or Pink Bean, and nobody like that does complain because I seriously doubt that any of them exist. If you still aren't washing after recognizing that you'll have trouble later in the game then chances are you don't really care too much about high level bossing, and that's good for those people. But it's intellectually dishonest to say that Pink Bean or Neo-Tokyo or even Horntail should be able to be done by people who don't wash, because I seriously doubt anyone who makes those remarks isn't already washing. That's what I see in this thread, discussion of victims that don't really exist, and why the solution is to give every ranged DPS character more HP. And even if there are a few people who didn't wash at all by the time they're 160, why should the game cater to those few while simultaneously buffing every other ranged DPS class?

That's really what it comes down to. If HP is such a giant problem then let the droves of unwashed ranged people come forth, those poor victims of WaShInG iS oPtIoNaL that everyone is so loud about, and tell me how much HP you have and what content you're locked out of because of it. There's a very clear path to getting more HP, it's outlined in my past few posts, and if you aren't willing to do any of that then there's really nothing more that can be done for you because I seriously doubt you're willing to do 1,000 quests for more HP.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
  9. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    take me for example: highest lvl i ever got on original maple was 50. never heard about hp wash before. started playing this server got to lvl 100. then when i lvled up my training partner ask me why im not wearing int stuff.
    the only place there is something about hp washing in game, is in begginer book, where they say int give more mp(so what?). started reading in forums about hp/mp washing.
    so i spand all my messos on int gear . and started base int. (back then i was able to reach ht hp by level 180 or 190).
    monsterbook came out then other hp equips. great, i will be able to fight ht at lower lvl. and i dont need base int. the server is truly hp wash optional.
    few month pass and pink bean is coming(and i already lvled up to 138).
    right now i need to get my base int back up and more to around 140. lvl up with high base int. and to do that i need to just vote for few months.

i think if people get to level 180, they are pretty invested in the game. and if you get there you want to be able to kill pinkb.
    some of us not so lucky to find out about washing early. like i said its not part of the game. so thats why it should not be a demand.

like i suggested before. if you want to make washing demand, at least add npc in game who tells you about it.
    if staff want to stay and keep "hp wash optional" server (which i think they should) tell us you will.

10. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I can somewhat attest to this. I've been helping many beginners and so many of them don't know about HP washing. Some of them go to Discord or FM and ask around, but some of them won't know even until later in the game.

I agree we need to somehow inform new users about HP washing, but in a way that it's not intrusive and also highlight some measures taken to reduce HP washing need. Optional quest with some reward, maybe?

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I firmly believe that HP washing was a gimmick done on purpose by Neckson to extort money from players. It's a Pay2Win aspect of the game that shouldn't be necessary.

Wouldn't it be awesome if certain equips that came with high HP bonuses also had specific extra AP bonuses for character specificity? Take the Ellin Ring, for example (not suggesting we discuss changes to currently existing rings or anything - please don't take this hypothetical this way, this is just for demonstration purposes only). If the Ellin Ring had a 1000 HP bonus and also a +20 DEX, then that would be a ring sought after by archers. If another version of the Ellin Ring was available as a quest reward that had a 1000 HP bonus and a +20 LUK, then thieves would opt for that one. But then we could also have an Ellin Ring with a +1000 MP bonus and +20 INT, and another with +100 HP and +25 STR. I'm just spit-balling numbers out to explain my crude idea - obviously the equations would need to be run to find balance to it all, but if there were multiple options that were untradeable for these types of quest rewards, then that could have the desired effect of removing HP washing as a necessity while at the same time preventing players from becoming OP invincible.

I don't know...just throwing it out there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moo

Moo Red Snail

Mar 6, 2019
    Male
    MooHD
    Crusader
    Hogwarts
    Yes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    11:02 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    In my point of view, i think it should be a new item, not ring, not face or eye acc. It should be a new one like belt, watch or telephone, somekind of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    11:02 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    From Kimmy's word, new slots on equipment seems impossible to be done

15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Then don't add anything until it is possible.

16. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:02 PM
    Moderator Post
    Which would be never then.

17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    So be it, imo. As a quester, I really would like to see a reward for doing a lot of quests, but too many rings means the wedding rings and the CS cosmetic rings will never get used. They will suffer the same fate as any level 50+ helmet did from the Z-Helm (or Scar/Targa Helm, and I'm sure the Rivana Helm in Golden Temple soon). There are already endgame pendants in the game. The CWKPQ goggles are an end-game eye accessory. Perhaps an end-game face-accessory? Neckson chose to make a Medal System for questers, and on this count I think they chose correctly - even if they later destroyed the whole thing by introducing superior medals just for logging in during particular events. If we look at MapleLegends honestly right now, how many other "rewards" to encourage all facets of the game remain? Questing is definitely one of them. I could see something wanting to encourage PQs a bit more. But beyond that, there's isn't much left that I see (and I do mean that's all I see, I'm not omniscient - others may see many things that I don't). If there aren't that many areas left, then I'd go with a Face Accessory and be done with it. If there are a number of other areas, then the need to upgrade the server to a .75 platform becomes unavoidable.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    6:02 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Just as a defense over the CS cosmetic rings, you can equip them over other rings, as any other CS equip piece, so they dont take a slot technically (you just need to drag them to the slot, clicking it might replace)

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    how about upgrade to the monsterbook ring.?
    300 sets + 1000 quests = new ring with 1500 hp.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  20. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    As pointed out CS rings cover regular rings, but more to the point, wedding rings can be equipped at any time a person desires. The cosmetic effect of it is mainly used for people who are casually standing near each other. You can easily put it on when you want to see it, and exchange it for a different ring when you're grinding/bossing. As there's a heart icon in the top left of a character profile to represented if someone is married, it doesn't have the use of showing that itself.

The Halloween event had the Zombie Army rings which I am sure some used in place of a wedding ring during combat. If the argument was then that adding a 4th standard ring would make event ones useless, events already have equips like that. The Christmas event had a subpar pendant that was only useful for people who couldn't wear a star. The Valentines event now has the mouse ears which isn't as good as a Zak/Scar helm. That's fine, not all event equips have to be useful. I'm sure there were people who threw zombie rings over their Ellin rings or MB rings if they were low tier. Wedding rings do not have to be a core part of ring equips.

• Agree Agree x 3