1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ring? :0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bambo, Feb 26, 2019.

Should there be a Quest Item ring too? Tell me the reason!

1. YAS!!!!!!

110 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. NO:(

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    9:07 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I need to agree on what some ppl said about 4 slots not meaning necessarely only 4 rings. Also, tiny side note. There is a lot of ppl that hates quests and lets say they have already enough HP for what they want to do (assuming the ring only gives HP/MP and no stats).

Why do they even need the quest ring? They have the right to have their wedding ring the same way as not wearing anything. I know wedding ring is useless in that sense but legit, no need to remove stuff like that suddenly to fit this. (Also the effect is useful sometimes at bosses when you cant see yourself and when chilling at FM or doing random stuff, but also can be annoying af, so trust me, ppl removes it from time to time).

PS: I dont understand that comment about "if you want ppl to leave the server, add it". In the end threads like this are to give feedback, either good or bad, so pls if that can be explained that would be great SlimeCry

2. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    1:07 PM
    Shadower
    did u know that i would still die for krauser94?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    3:07 AM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    4 slots 4 rings is akin to me saying 1 weapon slot only 1 weapon type in all of Maple. Why does the number of slots have ANY effect on how many rings should exist in total or be totally viable?

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I also don't really understand why people feel there should only be 4 rings, for the exact same reasons others bought up, which is that all the other equipment have upgrades as well. I also don't understand why a specific ring (in this case marriage is bought up) should be completely removed just because it becomes useless? Like, there's a lot of useless equips in the maple world? Why are rings treated differently over other items?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    10:07 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    idea for the last quest before you get the ring can be: craft 100 different items around maple world.
    it will give the race vibe kimberly want, and will give ores/jewles more meaning. thoughts?

(it can also be new ring like "master crafter ring")

6. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Big hidden L
    well why hp and mp? we asked for speed and jump lol

I will take speed over hp and mp

7. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I just took as reference OP suggestion at first comment.SlimeCry Since this is to fight the HP washing issues.
    In case of being useful more ppl has Haste than patience to complete quests for that buff for sure tho

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    12:07 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Maybe I haven't been clear enough. Unlike all other items in the game, the Wedding Ring is in two categories. There are cosmetic items and there are actual equips. Wedding Rings are in both categories. Do I care about having exactly 4 rings for 4 slots - NO!!! But why should I have to choose between a cosmetic item and stats on my character? I guess for some this might seem like no big deal to do over and over again, but the only reason it would become necessary is because the Wedding Ring isn't a true CS cosmetic item.

I am, but to prove a point. Who would use the Thermometer or palette except for cosmetic purposes? Why not just make them cosmetic and be done with it? Who would use a level 100 helmet? Why not save space on the game and remove them?

Which should NEVER be a choice you have to make in a game!

*sigh* I dare you to try to put on a Valentine's ring and a Zombie Ring at the same time. You can't. This is exactly why I'm bringing this point up now and never did before.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this. =o)

9. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Just add base int problem solved... ppl are too lazy

Proof :

3415AD5A-8E57-4BAB-B895-F9C2D3256F99.jpeg

stop complain about hp tho just play the game and enjoy,let’s say that 80% of the kids here won’t ever reach 120 and the levels that you actually need more hp then you need.

add the ring with speed and jump pls

10. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    hp washing is real issue. read some post before.
    actually its the only problem i see with the server right now.
    you got lot of equip and pots for speed and jump. i dont see reason to add more.

11. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    so add 600base int +100int from gear and reach 30k NL at level 150,nothing and no one is stopping you from this.

no reason to add more stuffs that gives you speed? you probably one of the assassin-nation kids who wants max hp and max dmg at the same time, as a quester and warrior ring that gives speed and jump means a lot for me

12. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Just a side note, each job gains HP different and needs diff int. DK is the easiest one to wash afaik. Check how other jobs work first pls SlimeSweat2

The same way i could say "just pay your mount or get haste, i dont see the issue there". (I over exceed max jump with my normal equips, i dont see why someone will need more jump on an item when you cant go above 123% and i dont feel slow at all in my daily life, but again, im a shadower and i understand fully jobs like warrior complaining).

Also, im not defending washing at all, im ok with my current HP, i just saying that is easier that the server needs HP than speed.
    I kinda see this more as an idea of not needing to add that base int to reach 30k HP as a NL but more like a way of not having to worry of HP washing and trying to keep your HP as vanilla as you can (preventing the typical LeechLord that reings)

PS: not trying to offend SlimeSweat2

13. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Add 600 base int... you can’t be the strongest class and have the easiet method of wash at the same time.

14. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    DvahDvah There is already a ring with 10speed/jump and a neck with 5 speed/jump, use some 60% pet jump/speed and ur hitting cap already. Pet equips are even permanent so you dont need to make new ones. Same for boots if u scroll them with dex u get jump aswell. Dont see your problem cause there is none.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    im archer if you want to talk about mobility;). and you dont want hp because you are warrior.
    just read the posts before. im the opposite of what you said.

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:07 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You know, the valentine's day ring actually has a cosmetic effect. There is a rose that grows in front of your character. And technically, every single "regular" item falls into this category too, seeing as they all have all sorts of different stats, many of which are inferior or superior to each other, and they'll all have a visible effect on your character.

Players make this choice all the time. Female mages could stick with the cute little lv 30 outfits for the rest of their life, but I don't think they ever do. Players could wear lv 50+ hats, but they don't. Time and time again, the extreme vast majority of players, dare I say absolutely everyone, has chosen the equipment with the best stats and then covered those up with a cosmetic. If they even bothered to use the nx on cosmetics.

So again, you're basically pointing out a fundamental part of how maplestory has worked since just about forever. "Why bother have equips at all?!??! Why not just have generic equips that don't look like anything, and then every other conceivable thing that changes your appearance becomes a cosmetic?!?!?"

It's just how the freaking game works man. And that would be too much work.

Um.... the V-day ring lasts a whole year, and you can pick up the zombie ring around Halloween. I'm pretty sure you can.

FoxF6

Once again, I find you making a big deal about something very insignificant. It's just a wedding ring. Does your wedding ring have significant value to it, and you value the cosmetic and its meaning more than the +1 or +3 stats from a ring? By all means wear your wedding ring instead.

Seeing how the wedding ring is mostly a cosmetic thing anyway, it would actually be nice if they could all be converted and switched out to "cash shop" items that could be worn on top of other rings.

But in the mean time, I'm still not really complaining? Why should you have to make the choice? Well again, that's part of the game. And be glad you're a human with free will and can even make choices, let alone you get choices.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    again bruh add 600 base int and reach 30k by 150 same for the NL kids

Quick edit : why would a quester ring needs hp? Quests are pain in ass for low mobility classes and it will be nice to get 15 speed and 5jump at max level ring

18. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    DvahDvah Idk if ur trolling or acually 12yo

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Lidas