1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Coupons

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Salt, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    2:24 PM
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Well met, not sure if this has been suggested already but I would like to see beauty coupons that allow you to change your look into a random new one added into the game for a event. Maybe for halloween event? idk up to you to decide. I know some people will bitch about spending 150k+ nx on their exp/reg hair so how about just making the VIP hairs available from these coupons. If you want to make players excited for something new, you could also add some completely new hairstyles, which has been done before during summer events etc. These new exclusive hairstyles will ofc have a extremely low rate.

121012_UpdateHighlight_006.jpg
    Would be nice to see these added, let me know what you think and have a nice fuckin' day.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    5:24 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    i like it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I support this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Bumping this since everyone wants a HOT new look for summer events, am I right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I like the way I am already, but it'll be interesting to see people walking around with hilarious hair and eyes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    8:24 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    When couponing goes wrong. Never forget FoxF1

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    dreamingofthisgettingaddedforsummerevents, bump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vivienne

Vivienne Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2014
    Female
    Singapore
    8:24 PM
    Islander
    No, I don't want to end up green. :alien:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I'd much rather have the option to purchase the event hairstyle coupons as it is done now; it would friggin' suck if I spent time farming it on one character only for it to randomly drop while playing on another character where the coupon would be entirely useless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    bump, guys can we hit 1000 bumps?? please like and subscribe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    8:24 AM
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    I spent 90k on exp hair, imo, its fine to have exp hairs included in these. So long as the chance to get that hair is just as low, and the coupons are a rare enough drop. These things were alot of fun! Totally would love to see them again. However, i think most people would like to keep the normal event hair system as well, so if they can add both everyone wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adrian

Adrian Slime

Feb 28, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    10:24 PM
    Zeph
    Islander
    It would be cool to have this during the next Halloween event. The freaky looks players would get would be in tune with the theme of the event.
    I'd really like this to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Mushmom

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    7:24 AM
    MadMan
    Chief Bandit
    OnDrugs
    Woah... Racist.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Beauty or beast, get a completely new look to surprise or seduce your crush during this valentines event! Love is blind, so is the surgeon that is handing out these coupons, try your luck maybe you will become a true beauty or if not so lucky... a green beast? Eh... oh maybe next year. Bump.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zheedie

Zheedie Slime

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Zheedie
    Islander
    Aoshima
    A beauty coupon drop event would be really cool in general since the release of the ability to save looks on your characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    When it comes to this suggestion for Islanders the concern I have personally is that Islanders receiving this, then getting a look they don't like are demotivated by the fact there's no other way right now to change your appearance for islanders, thus being stuck with this new look. For everyone else, I am not too sure how supportive a feature like this would be. I do remember GMS had an April Fools joke in a similar context I believe where you had a coupon that completely randomized your looks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Well, I don't know how everyone else feels but we've had the standard hair/eyes for 4 years now. Having an option to grind for your desired look is just a great concept in my opinion, right now I would prefer to be green and bald than to have the hair/eyes I've had for 4 years. As for normal players I think it could be a fun event especially if you add some new or old event hairs that can motivate people to get something special, even if they end up with eyes/skin that they don't like, they can actually change it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Personally, it's likely a better idea to team up with an idea for a way for islanders to change their appearance that wouldn't effect offlanders. I am not sure if completely randomized is the way to go, especially if the coupons only drop temporarily. I would be pretty upset if I get one of the worst looks possible and then not be able to change it for a long time either, but maybe other islanders think differently because I have seen islanders having the most interesting looks out of everyone.

I don't think donations are the way to go as well since I don't really like anything related to donations since I don't run this for money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    So far this thread has only gotten support from fellow islanders and offlanders, no islander that I've asked about this idea has been against it, however I do agree that just being able to change your look without it being random is better for islanders ofc. But it ruins the excitement of getting some exclusive hair from hard work (grinding).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CrimsonClaw

CrimsonClaw Orange Mushroom

Jan 29, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    8:24 PM
    PinkBean
    Islander
    Shroomies
    My ideas of changing appearances for islanders would be

1) Beauty Coupons
    2) Donor option
    3) NPC on island to change appearance

Note: I not supporting any of the options, just listing out what I thought to be possible in terms of changing appearance

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1