1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Sky Skis more Accessible

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aaronis, Mar 26, 2019.

1. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    10:29 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Currently with the addition of Neo Tokyo and CWKPQ Dragon Khanjars and Crushed Skulls were made more accessible compared to before leaving Sky Skis as the hardest end game weapon to farm, since it is purely from gachapon. My suggestion is to make them farmable from end game content, but with a low droprate so its still difficult to get. One possible place to put them in is Dunas, since it was made a lot more difficult with damage reflect with no changes or make them drop from Toad since it is a strong end game boss. They would be difficult to get still, but it would be a better feeling knowing you can farm them instead of being forced to buy them since the chances of getting them from gachapon are minimal.

• Like x 11
    • Great Work x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Would be a great way to make Dunas a little bit more worthwhile too!

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Danna

Danna Slime

May 19, 2018
    Female
    New York
    7:29 PM
    Cherrywine
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    A aron is a pepega but this idea is poppin ngl

4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    8:29 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Danna

Danna Slime

May 19, 2018
    Female
    New York
    7:29 PM
    Cherrywine
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    make sky skis great again!

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Change the exp of Dunas to match all the other NT bosses, so it has more incentive to do.
    The Exp from Dunas is approx 1m , but other bosses give over 10m+

Only good incentive right now are 1) farm coins 2) clear quest to advance further
    Sky Skis added would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    6:29 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Sky skis as far as I know are more common still than Skulls and Stonetooth (jesus they are expensive as hell) Getting a decent sky ski for a decent price isnt too bad right? I think ST is the one that needs a buff o.o

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    ST comes from
    Toad boss is farmable
    Gacha
    Blackcrow boss is farmable

Skis come only from Gacha. theres no way to farm Skis

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Still is much easier to get sky ski as it is now, and cheaper. Crow has a 23 hour spawn, Toad is farmable I think is twice a day? and maybe is hard to assemble a team.
    Edits: On my personal experience is that I never had issues finding sky ski on market and I got some on the gachapon, they are not too rage but I've had far more issues finding female tops with str (purple and black) I've been actively farming them and I barely get anyone, I even owl all the days I can to see if I can find one on the market but they are very very rare o.o so that the only equip I think needs a buff (some female versions of equips are rare as hell like warrior and thief tops)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  10. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    Last week while searching for Sky Skis, a large amount of them were scrolled with no slots or scrolled with 6 or less slots. I feel like those skis should be taken out of the equation as they are put at an unjustifiable price point that many won't even bother to spend their mesos on. There also aren't many active high level DKs looking to scroll skis. The lack of a player-base for the class correlates to the availability of the item. I think it would be a nice change to have Sky Skis added as a mob drop. (maybe jiaoceng? I haven't tried it yet, but just a suggestion)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Screw Jiaoceng I'm killing that guy as much as I can to get a stupid Lucida top and it won't drop. Bosses that you hardly kill are not a reliable source of drops

12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:29 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I mean, "it's not popular" isn't really a good argument against buffing a mob. In fact, it's a good reason to add it to jiaoceng.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    1:29 PM
    Crusader
    It depends on what the boss provides as is. Dunas already can drop MTK and nobody fights him except to get people through the questline, and those are far more valueable than skis. Even if skis were to drop at a rate of say 1 in 5, the only people who would really want to farm them are DKs and Dunas is atrocious to fight as a melee character. I'm not against adding them, Dunas needs more incentives but don't expect this change to bring much more skis into the market as is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1