1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can event item drop formula be made public?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by emoimo, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    5:32 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    in this case you need to trust the staff to decide the rates.
    I think they dont want you to chose skill because it will drop more, they want you to choose the skill you like.
    If they show it some will just use the best skill to farm and have adventage. While someone who wont see it will stay behind.

And anyway I belive they want all classes to have the same drop/time rate. No matter what skill you use.

Im not sure if what i said is true though. If staff want to confirm it will be nice.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    10:32 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    While avoiding an advantage for certain players using certain skills makes sense,
    it's also important to ensure that someone isn't disadvantaged by using a certain skill.

I don't think the drop rate for ANYTHING should differentiate between skills at all. When someone chooses a job class, they choose it with certain skills in mind. I don't think that should ever come back to bite some ass.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. CrimsonClaw

CrimsonClaw Orange Mushroom

Jan 29, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    10:32 PM
    PinkBean
    Islander
    Shroomies
    If Kimmy has to announce the formula (even without the exact values), does she have to announce it again if she chose to amend / update it?

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:32 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    You may think that all you wish. And you have the right to ask, but you do not have the right to know.

Like Lidas said, we should trust Kimberly. She hasn't let us down so far, has she? Transparency in how she spends the funding we give her, yes. In the actual programming she's done, no. She is under no obligation to share this information with you, me, or anyone else. We may have contributed money, but that does not mean we are suddenly entitled to an equal share of the information. Just like if you were out on a date and you paid for the dinner and movie - this does not obligate your date to share anything he or she does not wish to share with you. Likewise, Kimberly does not need to give you a reason, either.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:32 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well the fact that skills do affect drop rates is already out there. Some staff members were quoted on it.

So really the question is, do they want accurate information delivered to the playerbase, or do they want rampant speculation and rumors?

OnionWhatever

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think rampant speculation and rumors on this would be quite entertaining for the staff. =oD

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:32 PM
    You have added literally zero helpful or relevant discussion to this thread. 'she can so she will' is not helpful.

I personally do not think it would hurt anybody to release which exact skills are less likely to give the items, without specific percentages. Its already known to most people anyways. If you only have 1-3 days to farm for event items due to school or work, you should be able to farm for them the way you'd like to, the most efficiently. (Orelse you can end up like me spending over 60mil on chairs :^) ).

In my opinion the excuse that "other private servers dont do it so we dont" isn't legitimate either. Every private server has their own <situation>, and the MapleLegends community knows already about certain skills being nerfed. Therefore, I see absolutely no reason as to why they should be kept hidden.

Hiding the specific drop formula %'s makes sense, hiding the skills does not (especially when some of them are already known such as mage skills).
    Edit: I actually agree with lionheart lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Sounds to me like, "Because you haven't said what I want to hear, you've added nothing relevant." At any rate, if it's true that some players know certain mage skills cause different drop rates, can you cite that source for me? It could very well change my perspective on this issue.

9. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    5:32 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    By what kimberly write you can understand each skill have ID with drop rate.

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    My request wasn't evidence that skills are causing different drop rates. My request was to cite evidence that some players know the rates and others don't - excluding admins, of course.

11. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Please, cite where you've provided any constructive discussion whatsoever in this thread.

I know it for a fact
    LionheartLionheart knows it
    KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove knows it
    FishyFishy knows it
    Krauser94Krauser94 knows it

And i can go on.. ???
    Edit: the issue here is not whether people know it or not. Its that people do know it and want to know which skills they should use to not be at a disadvantage.

12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    They know the exact formulas, but they want to know which ones they should use? You've contradicted yourself. Try again. Which players know the formulas that give them an advantage over players that don't know the formulas?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

They dont know the EXACT formulas lmfao no one does and i never stated that they do. In fact, you asked if certain players knew that some skills weren't as good, and they do.

Take me as an example. I dont know the exact formula, however, i know that farming with heal and 2 hitting (aka not killing 6 mobs all at once) gets me many more etcs than genesis does.

AKA thats an advantage.

14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Obviously the OP does not know which skills are advantageous or not.
    what are you not understanding? or are you just trolling this whole thread by simply contradicting people and rating their posts "funny" ?

15. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:32 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I agree that the community knowing which skills have nerfed drop rate makes sense. Whether it will be beneficial or not, I do not know.

On the other hand, I also think that kimmy is not obligated to reveal that information, for the same reason why exact formula won't be revealed.

For those who got into an argument, please stop.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

I agree with you :)
    I do not think anyone is obligated to reveal anything. However, I personally BELIEVE (my opinion) that it warrants a better explanation than "I just dont want to" or "other people dont do it"

That being said you know youre my poke homegirl kim. You've known me for long enough to know that i usually ask for better reasons ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Well, you should start a thread on all the different quirky things players have noticed to gain further insight on how to take better advantage of your character. I think that would be great!

So let's get to brass tacks. The request in this string is for the formulas to be laid out so players know which ones to use for the greatest convenience. Thus far, the only arguments given is that some players need to know these formulas in order to take advantage of the game during special events when real life issues may prevent adequate game play. If such accommodations were to be made, then there would be a precedent set for all players to request accommodations whenever life is getting in the way of playing the game. When you stop to think about it, this request is completely unreasonable. Besides, the accommodations you're requesting wouldn't change the fairness to any players as those players not prevented from playing as they normally would could reap the benefits and potentially break the game.

I'm merely arguing the status quo - and that is sufficient for "constructive discussion." I'm not a troll, I assure you. But I will rate comments "funny" if I perceive them as making straw man arguments out of what I've said, ad hoc arguments toward me, and, as is often the case, both.

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:32 PM
    Moderator Post
    Alrighty boys,

I see both sides. I know it's shitty that some methods yield a different amount of reward compared to others, but that's just now it is. There's a lot of changes made at pretty much every event, and so even if we were to explain how the formula worked it would already be wrong or invalid a little bit later.

When it comes to this its just something we balance and do behind the scene. This is how it is, and how it has been since 2015 or maybe early 2016. We have no plans to disclose how it done for many reasons, and one of them also is that it gets changed from time to time for balancing and updates.

When we make actual drop chances we usually disclose it to public. When we make Gachapon changes we also disclose it to the public. This is more a technical thing, which is handled behind the scene, and only there.

I am going close this now since there's only an endless argument going on. Neither side is wrong, but the way drops work won't be disclosed at this moment completely.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.