1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, I'm new to maple

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Donald Duck, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Donald Duck

Donald Duck Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2019
    Male
    5:56 PM
    Beginner
    Hi everyone~

Saw this game 15 years ago and lots of my friend were playing this but i decided to stick with ragnarok that time.

Bored of all the new games on steam recently, decided to find a non-competitive, casual, and long lasting game. A game that i can play whenever i want, and not to stress out due to the competitive part of that game. I gave maple a go and so far so good, there's no pvp content and nothing competitive, everything seems to be very casual, no commitment.

The reason why i choose Legends instead of its counterpart royals is because based on the rates, legends are more challenging and slow pace compare to royal, i wanna feel the official servers as close as i could as i used to get topics about maples from my friends in primary and high schools but unfortunately i did not try it. Hope i make the right choice.

Been here playing for 2 days and still level 10. I'm completely new to maple so there's alot of things for me to discover, maps, cities. Feel free to add me as i have yet to make any friends, and if anyone could bare with my low levels and slow leveling, add me into a guild as well. I could foresee that i will be playing this game very long, but not in a very face pace.

IGN: bubujiao

Happy Mapling~

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    4:56 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    haha welcome! :D
    Hope youre enjoying your stay :3

3. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    2:56 AM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    hello and welcome to ML!

i really like how the rates on this server are close to gms too, but not cripplingly so (it used to be SO HARD to level)

if you're looking for a guild, California loves questers, PQers, and card collectors! don't have to be from Cali to join. :) lmk!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    Donald Duck

Donald Duck Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2019
    Male
    5:56 PM
    Beginner
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm level 20 now, leveling is harder than expected. Just advanced to magician yesterday, still thinking whether i should go cleric or fire ice mage.

5. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    9:56 AM
    Welcome to the server and game. I will almost certainly forget to add you by the time I get home from work, but feel free to add me: MerpleLergen. My guild (Horny) is always recruiting, too, so I can invite you to that if you haven't already joined a guild.

The conventional wisdom is to go for a cleric as your first character. Holy Symbol, which they get access to from level 70, is one of the most powerful buffs in the game, giving you bonus exp for killing mobs with no downside. Genesis, which they get access to at level 120, is a little weaker than the counterparts from the other two mage classes, but is still a very strong, large AOE attack.

You can certainly be successful as either of the other two, though. If you decide you want to go for Fire/Poison, I can send you a work-in-progress guide I've been writing for it.