1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved (Macintosh) Client shuts down as I select a character

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by aznpandaz090, Mar 30, 2019.

1. aznpandaz090

aznpandaz090 Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2019
    Female
    6:35 PM
    aznpandaz090
    Beginner
    Every time I click "select a character" or double tap on the character, the client just shuts down. I'm then forced to restart it and do the same thing over and over again. Does anybody have a solution???

2. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    7:35 AM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    May I know which OS is your mac running on? And prior to this happening, have you fiddled with the app settings via Wineskin?

3. OP
    OP
    aznpandaz090

aznpandaz090 Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2019
    Female
    6:35 PM
    aznpandaz090
    Beginner
    My Mac is running on macOS Mojave and I didn't mess with any of the apps settings. :(

4. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    4:35 PM
    bananachips
    I'm having the same problem. Have tried re-downloading the whole client to no avail. Help please!

5. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Same problem meaning, your client shuts down immediately after selecting your character? Which OS are you running on?

6. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    I'd just like to check with you, is the problem still occurring?

7. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    Yes, problem is still occurring. I have a new MacBook running on the newest edition of Mojave. Right after I did a software update, every time I log into Maple and click my character, the whole client just crashes and I am left back to my desktop screen with no error message. :(

8. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    Yes! :( Sorry, commented as a new reply above!

9. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Could you try loading to this page:
    Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 10.05.18 PM.png
    Then click on "View All Characters", and then selecting your character from there. Let me know if it works!

10. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    princessdebsprincessdebs Hello, can you try this instead, it's worked for someone, I think it might work for you too.

1) Download the official Wineskin Winery here.
    2) Go locate the Wineskin Winery under your Applications and double click it.
    3) At this point, you should see something like:
    Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 11.02.26 PM.png
    4) Press the + sign, under the dropdown list, select WS9Wine2.20, and then click on "Download and Install".
    5) After that's done. Locate your MapleLegends client in your Applications folder.
    6) Right click it > Show Package Contents > Double click on Wineskin > Click on Advanced.
    7) Select Tools and then press the "Change Engine Used" button.
    8) From the dropdown list, select your newly downloaded engine and press "Ok".
    9) Try to run your MapleLegends client as per usual.

Sorry that it's a lot of steps, but if you follow these steps closely, it MIGHT help your client work again.

*Fingers crossed*

11. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    Hi, just tried this and it hasn't worked for me :( nor has the view all characters method. After I go into change the engine of MapleLegends to the one I most recently downloaded with the Wineskin Winery app, I get this error message with Wineskin running forever saying it's busy. Any suggestions?
    Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 7.38.24 PM.png

12. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Try duplicating a new client from the original, and try doing it on the duplicate!

13. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    Still no luck :( There's no error this time, but Wineskin is still saying it's busy forever and ever... any other suggestions?

14. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    This is the only fix I know thus far that has helped users. Perhaps try waiting for Wineskin to stop being busy? How long does it take usually?

15. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    I’ve tried waiting over an hour. Nothing. Thank you for your help though!

16. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Oh no :( I really want it to work though. Can you try duplicating the client one last time before giving up ;-;

17. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    Hi, I just did a whole factory reset on my Macbook Pro, and reinstalled a fresh client on my computer. It is still crashing after I select my character. So it could not be that there is something installed in my computer that was killing the client. Maybe the newest Mojave on this certain Macbook Pro is not compatible with MapleLegends? I'm not sure, since my sister has the same updated Mojave (10.14.4) and works completely fine on hers... the only difference is that I have the newest Macbook Pro with Touch Bar. Anyways, please let me know if there's any updates to this problem, as I'd love to continue playing :(

18. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    That could possibly be one the reasons as well. However, I'm pretty certain that updating the engine would help. Unfortunately for your case, you've mentioned prior that Wineskin would load for ages right? Have you tried the steps again?

19. princessdebs

princessdebs Red Snail

Apr 1, 2019
    bananachips
    Hi again! I got it to work!! I just tried different methods. So once I tried your steps on the original client (clicking the new engine) and tried to do it on a duplicate, Wineskin would never load and would stay busy forever. Basically, whenever I tried to change the Wineskin engine on the original, it would stay busy forever, even on the Wineskin on the duplicate client. So I decided to download a fresh client and instead of even clicking the original client, I just copied a duplicate first and change Wineskin engine on that one without even touching the initial client. And now it works! Wahoo! Thanks for all your help!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    OMG I'm glad! Welcome back to the game! :)