1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill balances for all Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Mar 27, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:25 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    My Idea is to keep all melee at similar ground, same with ranged while keeping what they got unique to themselves(Also I don't want to say any nerf since I think nerfing a class would make everyone unhappy, is much better to get the undergods closer to the better performing jobs without being op, one example would be the paladin buff that put them on a very good position without making them too op). I always keep in mind the mentality behind the job and skills altho they underperform due to design issues.

Assassinate would need more speed, get rid of make optional dark sight (just to add damage) and make assassinate cancel the alst hit of assassinate making it more spamable, that would increase the damage overall. Also perhaps split damage from 600% max lv to 300% but double the amount of hits so SE would have a greater effect on it (SE damage boost is additive). SE is the only buff shadower has to gain damage

If all assassinate problems are addressed only buccaneer would need a small buff that could be easy to implement, and it could be just removing stun mastery and give them critical punch (skill that striker gets and later on as added to buccaneer post big bang) But need to be toned down since striker can't level beyond 120 to maybe 40% chance and 40% critical damage (adding 140% to buccaneers percentage when crit).

That would make bucc and shad closer to warriors, their melee partners.
    Ranged I feel is more balanced between each other (excluding NL) just perhaps MM needs some adjustments o.o I found out that for some reason same speed xbow and bow, the bow will attack faster always than the xbow

2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    6:25 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Honestly, I think buccs need what they got after big bang. A major decrease in delays between skills

Lets be honest, buccs do not have comparable dps/dpm with other classes

I'd say just make them good mobbers by making dragon strike spammable lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    kinda sad they got rid of the combos,Atm they are already pretty good mobbers just need that little extra crit push to do more damage overall. At least is not as broken as assassinate as a whole.
    Post big bang imo mostly fixed stuff that was a bit stupid like warrior dual multiplier shit and crit being broken on certain classes.
    Just the fix to assassinate and bucc crit and I think all jobs would be on similar ground (perhaps some roe changes but bit by bit)

4. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    3:25 AM
    Shadower
    I feel like these are some shadower changes I can think off. Currently they are in a bad spot especially for single target bossing except for cleaving bosses on 3 or 4 bosses which i doubt all bosses have multiple parts. These are changes to make sure that they are not the weakest 1v1 attacker but at the same time not as strong as a ranged attacker.

Assassinate
    -Remove the crit lock on first 3 hits so it is able to crit with sharp eyes (currently it doesn't crit at all with sharp eyes, only the last hit does, I have a post about it)
    -Be able to perform the last hit without the use of dashing (very useful for horntail since there's no place to dash to or on edges where scar/cwk bosses are pulled)
    -dark sight should be optional use to use assasinate but only apply its damage as it is uncharged. Dark sight is used to charge up its damage.
    -Procs pickpocket (currently it doesn't. Just QOL changes)
    -removed damage cap or higher damage cap (its very easy to hit damage cap due to the insane multiplier from charging. Might as well remove it otherwise there is no motivation to get more damage if we already hit damage cap)
    -Some form of a damage buff from 600% -> 700% (Assasinate is too slow especially having to dark sight)

Because of the crit lock, sharp eyes don't really boost shadowers dpm for 1v1 damage since most of your damage is from assasinate rather from boomerang step. and since bstep + assassinate is our main attacking pattern it kinda feels weird to not be able to use last hit in places where we can't dash to such as horntail pre head or even to the edge of the map. I feel like removing the use of dark sight to cast assassinate is good enough to consider reducing the delay of assasinate since casting dark sight and removing it takes a little time.

Boomerang Step
    -Some form of a damage buff from 500% -> 600% (Makes up from the slow attack animation and delay. I honestly think the delay is ok otherwise lowering the delay makes shadowers nearly invincible if we just spam boomerang step due to its invincbility frames)

Meso Guard
    -Duration should be longer at least 2 times long (240 seconds). (Crucial for bossing and not being able to tank a attack without meso guard.)

Pickpocket
    -Duration should be consistent as 200 seconds
    -No 200 meso limit. (The 200 meso limits makes the skill pretty useless once we start hitting 20k damages on boomerang step)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    10:25 AM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    So it turns out that Infero can perform critical hits. Nice to know.
    But would still like a buff to it, damage increase or DOT.
    I would say the animation is off and lacks the oomph that arrow bomb has (like there's no exploding animation or anything when it hits monsters and just goes through them), but i guess that cannot be changed.

6. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    6:25 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Im not saying to get rid of their combos. What I am trying to say is having the smaller delays on their skills, maybe have a spammable dragon strike (postbb) but keep their iframe duration (prebb). A hybrid between prebb and postbb for buccaneer skills

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Still, think buccaneer is kinda ok atm when comes to delays. Perhaps some skill speed up but that's it

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    ShadowRealmShadowRealm
    I see these suggestions very interesting and didn't know that the first 3 hits can't crit even with SE. I only would suggest something over what you said, instead of more damage I like more half the damage you want to do and double the hits for more SE efficiency (altho makes more sense on assassinate maybe than on boomerang stab). I still think shadower should profit more from SE since is the only damage buff they can get

9. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    As a shadower myself, SE does nothing with shadowers assasinate 3 hits. Even though on someones PoV where assasinate 3 hits crit but on the shadowers screen it just doesn't which is why when shads 1v1 boss with se, their DPS remains literally the same.

6 hits assassinate seems really interesting since the way sharp eyes works (additive) and its going to be a more powerful savage blow (6 hits) but i feel like its gonna be one difficult implementation of a change since they'll have to modify the hits and the way assassinate attacks 6 hits within the same time frame. Like visually too, having assasinate to slice a enemy 6 times.

Also it also removes the ability of nostalgia which the game is mostly for since old assasinate would usually do 4 hits but having 6 hits doesn't feel the same away anymore.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  10. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Just give shadowers shadowpartner and we good :)

11. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Hmm, third person crit is bugged for non crit jobs,I liek all your ideas just need to split dmg in more hits.

12. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    is possible to add shadow partner to shadower but it won't work, shadow partner only duplicates throwable items (skills that throw stars even arrows) would need a change to affect melee hits too and that may be impossible. Beside shadow partner is just a flat 50% extra damage wont make SE better for shad

13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Don't forget that if you add more hits to a skill (in order to increase se value), that class will have higher penalties for def stats. Like NLs, they struggle with high def because they hit more often (I think). That would mean that def stats are flat dmg reductions instead of % based. If that is the case, you want to have as few and as strong hits as possible.
    That might be worth looking into. Buffing def might nerf NLs while not effecting other classes much, like shadowers and paladins (and dk, hero, bucc, mages, etc)

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Not with shadowpartner. The way shadow partner works is that it simply does damage based on your existing hits. So for example, if your first 3 stars did 20k, 10k, and 20k, the shadow partner hits would ALWAYS do 10k, 5k, and 10k respectively.

Its just a 1.5x multiplier on final damage. Making shadower skills have 1.5 times more % damage would have the same DPS increase as giving them a functioning shadow partner.

15. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The defense penalty affects more Bowmaster more than anyone. More hits may reduce a bit more their damage when come to high defense but nothing compared to how much damage they will gain

16. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Bowmaster hits 8arrows per sec and NL 10 stars a sec KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove
    :whistling:

17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I would like to see the warrior power crash skills reworked so that they can remove weapon / magic cancels and maybe be given a cooldown. It would be really nice for bossing to not have to just wait doing nothing during cancels.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I really really want something to combat cancels by giving jobs the power to remove them making them more valuable. Cancels just put a break to your run and is all rgn (how fast you kill a boss with it depends on how many times it's casted)I would only remove paladins and heroes crash to make them remove the cancels. DK power crash is good atm, it removes power up buffs from ht,zakum and the cwpq bosses-

• Like Like x 1
  19. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Plus that would taking hero's and paladins on boss runs more viable. Aside from the arms, hero's struggle in zakum and they only have limited shining possibilities in ht as well

20. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    10:25 AM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Increase the defensive powers of warriors? They can only attack close up and need to take tons of damage while long ranged characters are perfectly safe (or at least archer with puppet at HH).