1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update MapleLegends Spring Major Update

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Precel, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    7:30 AM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    sh0t is swole now monkaS

LF> shadower LOVE aaronisaaronis @ kathy @ tatsu FAFNIR

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    Buffing both my favorite classes god bless.

Zerk now being 55% is nice as fugggggggggg it gives some breathing room now for a few more bosses and actually allows us to fight a few others now!

The bucc buffs are going in the right direction and should make the class more than pure SI/TL mules.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    3:30 PM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Really suprised you guys didnt do anything for shadowers 1 on 1 damage. Their grinding dont even need buffs at all. Its Assasinate you need to do something with to make the class more viable for boss runs.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. tsugumo

tsugumo Mushmom

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Tekyuu
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I guess us marksman are going back to more mob grinding. I would have like to see more changes dps wise end game, but thats me salty getting whited by lower level night lords.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:30 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    From the creators of "SHADS IN 2018 OMEGALUL" comes the highly anticipated sequel:

SHADS IN 2019 OMEGALUL

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    9:30 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Unfortunately most of things people were asking for assassinate turned out to be real pain than I imagined so we decided to skip it for now. But in all honesty, I believe shadowers are still all around versatile class- they have good mobbing skills, party skills, and still relatively decent single target abilities. It's just that they do not particularly excel at anything nor being bad. But yes, we do understand that having a little bit of QoL improvement would have been nicer. Maybe once I have enough knowledge of how the client works, it is definitely in my bucket list in the future

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  7. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    I dont see the problem when you can just buff the % damage as you did with bucc this patch?
    Like I dont even play shad but I know alot of people whine about it. Just increase the % damage of it and it should do the trick.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    9:30 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    Good work son

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Dk's have decent mobbing, one of the most important buffs in late game parties/bosses, and better single target damage than shadowers, but they got buffed lol. I don't think anyone is asking for any game breaking buffs but doing 4million dpm damage single target at 190 is literally mage damage. Buffing assasinate's raw numbers wouldn't make them too powerful since its not like we use assasinate outside of single target. When we cleave or grind we spam bstep which is lower dpm. Shadowers are literally the only class that hasn't gotten any buffs in the last 2 balance threads other than night lords (the other being last summer) unless you count this fix that was said to be in the game months ago a buff(also for a skill that you max at level 187). As far as cleaving goes I personally do around 3mil dpm per each target, only really doing good damage when theres 4 targets at horntail, which is around 15-20 minutes long out of a 1.5-2 hour run. The main post mentions that "Explanation - Because Buccaneers had far lower DPS than other classes, we buffed these skills to bring Buccaneers up to par", yet shadowers have worse dpm so what does that make them. I agree that buccs needed buffs and that they're good buffs, but I don't feel that they were in such a trash state compared to shadowers where they needed 4 big things buffed and another small buff in oak barrel. If assasinate can't be fixed then then there's other ways to show love. Boomerang step can be buffed in damage and if that's too much of a a buff then other skills can be looked at. Assaulter speed or range could be buffed, chakra could have a faster speed time and/or usable any time, pickpocket meso cap could be increased, band of thieves could be buffed, steal or shield mastery could be changed to be literally not useful, smokescreen could change to a 5 minute cooldown, but have a 30 second duratoin (currently 10 minute cd and 1 min duration) to make it more versatile as a skill to use for reserruct or to protect people from seduces. I don't think people complain that bowmasters are too weak, but they got something. Every high level shadower just feels disrespected that our damage gets seen as a joke, yet we get literally no love. I'm sure everyone high level shadower has gotten rejected from boss runs before just because they're a shadower RIP nanop33nanop33. When the previous changes literally just nerfed shadowers for 2 months and we got no compensation or anything at all for that, and these venemous stab changes were supposed to be in the game for months are the only thing we get and being called a skill change instead of a bug fix it just feels like trash. As far as other changes go I think they're good and only thing I'd like to see is marksman getting more love (at the very least they should get the same buff to eruption as third job bowmasters did to arrow rain).

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    3:30 AM
    Bowmaster
    Also forgot to include one other thing for BM's
    [​IMG]
    Just added.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Just delete Marksman already

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    For reference, I think most of the shads commenting on this are pretty geared out. We regularly get outdamaged by Warriors and ranged attackers 10-20 levels below us. aaronisaaronis (19x) and I (18x) have both been outdps'd by 13x Corsairs.

13. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    As a 140 atk 21 luk dagger and 3 luk 31 atk shield, I can tell you that I get outdps by even Se + garnier NL or even not low funded low level corsairs. Now that even bowmaster get a change to concentrate this just show how shadower classes will just die off soon and gonna get ignored even more. I just don't know where shadowers will go at this point.

The 1v1 dpm (as every shadowers knows) is horrible which even the best geared shadowers will most likely be not recruited for runs since bosses are just 1v1 and our moves isn't just gonna cut it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. oohyoo

oohyoo Horny Mushroom

Mar 3, 2018
    Female
    10:30 AM
    sunjoo/sappho
    the equivalent to arrow eruption is arrow rain. if bms get that particular skill buffed, i think mms should be compensated as well in that aspect

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. OP
    OP
    Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Edits:

Added Arrow Eruption to the patch note as there was a miscommunication between staffs. I thought it wasn't getting buffed, but it is. I apologize :heart:

Concentrate moved to proper job section.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    I'm just wondering if Concentrate gets lowered to a 1 minute downtime, why Enrage which is a strictly worse Concentrate is still at 4 minute downtime. If the reasoning is consistent surely it would be the same duration and CD.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kirisame

Kirisame Pac Pinky

Jul 5, 2018
    10:30 PM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    ImACatMeow
    I guess to achieve great damage, shadowers need to drop meso bags while attacking (using the ctrl-V trick, put attack skill macro on V), and explode mesos every 1-2 minutes.
    With this, shadower can even white same level night lords with SE in single target, depends on how many meso per bag. However it's extremely costly in a 1x server.

18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    In practice this is kind of difficult because you can't control Assassinate 4th proc with the macro on V (standard macro is bstep -> dark sight -> nate). So you end up constantly adjusting your character's positioning and the mesos go all over the place when you get knocked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    As a shad main I don't think we need buffs. Don't play a mobbing class expecting to outdamage bossing classes at bosses. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    11:30 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Good guy krauser with his hardwork. FoxF2

• Agree Agree x 3