1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix Enrage (buff early levels)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, May 1, 2019.

1. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    4:21 AM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    Enrage: https://maplelegends.com/lib/skill?id=1121010

Enrage and Rage are both hero's skill.
    Rage is a 2nd job skill which has no cooldown.
    Enrage is a 4th job skill which has cooldown of 8 minutes.

With Rage buffed to +20 w.att at level 30 (which is obviously maxed at 4th job).
    Enrage will be useless to remain below or equal 20 w.atk at lvl 1 to lvl 19.
    Which makes it feels not worth to put SP on.

So I suggest buff the Enrage level 1 - 19 w.atk to 21, and keep the duration unchanged.

This fixes the early levels while not affecting the late levels.

---

There is a thread discussing about skill changes
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/skill-balances-for-all-jobs.24624/

which suggest enrage cooldown reduce to 240 seconds.

If it ever happens, I think it would be good to make Enrage w.atk slowly increase from 21 to 26 through lvl 1 to lvl 20.
    And gradually decrease the cooldown from lvl 21 to lvl 30, while keeping the duration unchanged.
    (we got more stat to tune, instead of just keep 21 atk through lvl 1 to lvl 21)

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    4:21 PM
    Crusader
    Agree with CD change but Enrage shouldn't be able to maintain itself permanently. There's not that many places you will be dispelled frequently (off top of my head; Papulatus, CWKPQ Pirate Boss, Dunas, latter half of HT), so it becomes a permanent energizer.

As for being usable at lower levels, there are still skills that are bad until lv 20 that aren't just buff related in other classes. I don't think it's a priority change. At the very least it reflecting Concentrate in duration and CD at max level would be fine.

3. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    Being bad is not being useless.

Concentrate: https://maplelegends.com/lib/skill?id=3121008
    For Concentrate, Ciders have better w.atk boost if the skill is below lv 20,
    but it has mana spend reduction,
    and the w.atk is still useful when u run out of Ciders / Coke Zero Pills.

But for Enrage, it's completely useless under lv 20 compared to Rage.

Even if Enrage is buffed to 21 atk at lv 1, it's still bad due to the duration / cooldown and the 1 atk boost against Rage it gives.

Hex of the Beholder: https://maplelegends.com/lib/skill?id=1320009
    For Hex of the Beholder, it only gives w.def and m.def under lv 11, which is bad.
    I don't know if it is useless, cuz it doesn't say how much it boosts. (Iron Will may be better?)
    But mixed build DK may haven't maxed Iron Will in 2nd job.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  4. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    I've heard that Assassinate in particular is worthless to use until it's level 20 at least, and I was going to mention the Concentrate -% MP but I'm not a BM so I can't vouch for how useful that aspect is. I don't really disagree with your point, Enrage is awful for a pure attack buff, just it's not at the front of class problems since we're maxing this very late. If they do make it 21 at 1 it would be alright.

5. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    8:21 AM
    Bowmaster
    As a BM, I never really used concentrate until it was stronger than a cider, which I believe didn't become useful until it got closer towards rank 20. The MP cost reduction isn't worth the DPM loss until it becomes stronger than a cider, so i cannot agree with buffing enrage attack from rank 1. If anything, the cooldown can probably be reduced so that the buff uptime/cooldown duration as a ratio, becomes the same as concentrate is atm. It would put it on the same level as concentrate minus the MP cost reduction.

6. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    With the smart buff system, cider will remain when use low level concentrate, so you won't lose dpm anymore.
    I agree that MP cost reduction is a little buff.
    And I think 1 extra w.att for a short time (10 sec every level) is a little buff also.

7. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    Let's compare Enrage to Concentrate side by side.
    The att listed below is bonus att against Rage/Cider.
    And the availability Rage for Hero is 100%, but Cider for Bowmaster is not 100%
    Code:
    Level    Enrage (current)    Enrage (suggestion)        Concentrate
    1        nothing             1 att (10 sec)             mana cost -2% (60 sec)
    5        nothing             1 att (50 sec)             mana cost -10% (60 sec)
    10       nothing             1 att (100 sec)            mana cost -20% (60 sec)
    11       nothing             1 att (110 sec)            mana cost -22% (120 sec)
    19       nothing             1 att (190 sec)            mana cost -38% (120 sec)
    20       1 att (200 sec)     1 att (200 sec)            mana cost -40% & 1 att(120 sec)

The problem is Enrage gives nothing during lv 1 through lv 19.
    If 1 w.att at lv 1 is too OP, maybe add something else to it?

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. Audemars

Audemars Slime

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    1:21 PM
    Audemars
    Warrior
    As a new hero I always wondered why Enrage is never mentioned in discussions for builds ..

• Like Like x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    10:21 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Some skills are like that at times. I remeber the skill Snatch from buccaneer is complete garbage until very hihg level, a bit of the same with Energy orb o.o

10. Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff Orange Mushroom

Mar 28, 2020
    Even with the buff, enrage isn’t worth the damage loss from having to restack your aca

• Like Like x 1
  11. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    not that useless, you can use enrage just as combo attack is about to run out. Won't lose any damage that way

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Hiimalex

Hiimalex Slime

Sep 4, 2019
    Male
    1:21 PM
    Hiimalex/Redapples
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    I wouldn't mind seeing a wa buff to Enrage since the buff to rage's max level awhile back made it so the wa increase you get from Enrage vs Rage is less of an impact. And although 6wa increase at the moment is still a decent buff, it doesn't warrant 30 SP to be able to attain that level of buff especially since there are so many more necessary skills to max before Enrage. If not, then even a CD reduction for Enrage will be a nice change in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1