1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Thoughts and An Introduction!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by soulful, May 13, 2019.

1. soulful

soulful Snail

May 11, 2019
    Male
    2:52 PM
    Soulful
    Page
    Helloo, I'm Justin but my IGN currently is Soulful. Nice to meet you all!

I thought I'd make this post to introduce myself (this is new to me) and maybe share some thoughts about ML.

I used to be obsessed with GMS back in the day around middle school and had a falling out around the time high-school rolled around due to Big Bang changes and other interests (League..).

Fast forward a decade or so and now I'm playing Maplestory again! Funny how things work out. I've found that ML has so many things that GMS has lost in the process of streamlining and making the game more "fun" and accessible for everyone. If it's okay, I'd like to just gush for a moment.

Community is probably the big thing here. I adore the ML community and administration; I think y'all have done a fantastic job creating a nostalgic yet fresh take on old-school Maplestory that Neckson's team of monkeys would never dream of doing. I like the balancing and listening to opinions very much. I loved working my way up to get that BREAD and the choices to not make the game P2W. I like waiting to vote because it makes me weigh my options and consider buying things. I like the slow rates since it makes everything I do have that much more value. I like the Mac support! My PC broke and I'm stuck with a Pro so.. This is what I do with my free time now.

I'd like to just thank the ML team for providing such a fantastic experience and for the work they've done. I'm enjoying the product of your hard work very much! (And for sure I've donated! Plan on doing it continually as well to show my appreciation.)

However, I've only a few gripes. I wish the gap from 45-70 wasn't so restricted to a few routes. I wish there were other training spots as good as GS2 without it being.. GS2. Maybe I haven't found them yet (I've been sticking to guides mainly and OPQ is kinda never around.) And I sort of wish that the paywall gap for HP washing wasn't so high since it turned me away from trying to try other classes. These are problems that I can deal with though with a little more time and effort on my part.

Again, thank you ML team! Very glad to be a part of this community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    7:52 PM
    Welcome to the server!

There are other places that are viable to train between 45 and 70 but they can be less optimal depending on your class. With Monster Book being a thing, you can get some benefit from training in slightly suboptimal places for a bit.
    I'll list a few broad suggestions for spots you could grind at between those levels; bear in mind the level range is pretty big, so I'm putting these in order or level:
    Master Chronos (Ludibrium: Lost Time <2>)
    Stone Golems (Forest of Golem)
    Voodoos (Haunted House: Sophilia's Bedroom [3])
    Windraiders (Crimsonwood Mountain: Lower Ascent)

These are just off the top of my head. There are probably other places that would be viable.

As for the paywall on HP washing, are you referring to the NX paywall or the int gear paywall? Both of these kind of have "solutions"

3. Kaylex

Kaylex Brown Teddy

Jul 14, 2017
    Female
    2:52 AM
    Bluex
    Bishop
    Welcome to ML!!! :>
    From my personal experience I never grinded till I was 70+ (at MP3, never went to GS2 cos it was always full LOL)

The 3x exp rate for quests makes it easy to level using quests! If you're one of those who hates quests, Voodoos (if you're still lvl 55) are also a good place to train at cos they drop heartstoppers which you can sell for some $$. LMPQ is really great too but it turns you into a robot and I'm not sure if people are doing it nowadays...

Anywho, glad to have you in the community and hope you make some really great long lasting friendships like I have!! :>