1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to join this server, looking for some opinions on stuff first

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by 4thJobHokage, May 23, 2019.

1. 4thJobHokage

4thJobHokage Red Snail

May 9, 2017
    Male
    2:17 AM
    Fighter
    DevilFruit
    I used to play this server awhile back and had a level 100ish character (has since been deleted multiple years ago). Lately I've had that urge to play some Maple Story but I have a bit of a dilemma. One thing that really excites me about a server is the leveling race, when I first came here no people were 200 & I would grind hard to try to be the first person or if that seemed unreachable, the first Warrior or if that seemed unreachable I'd try to hold onto say top 10, etc.

Joining this server now I'm not sure if I would have less fun solely because I wouldn't have that same experience. It's also cool being one of the first people to Zakum or Horntail. The problem I'm facing looking at new servers is the population, I recently got to level 42 on a 4x exp server, but the whole time I never really ran into other people, I couldn't KPQ, not enough people, I couldn't CPQ, LPQ, so I kinda just stopped because even though nobody is at 200, it's just kinda... dead.

I'm wondering if there are people out there like me who enjoy the leveling up race but have still had fun joining Maple Legends after the server was established enough that the race was "over" as in people of all races already hit 200.

Also is the server top heavy? Are most people high level? Is it easy to find people for KPQ, LPQ, LMPQ?

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 2
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:17 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Wow I think I remember you from croosade! This server is alot more top heavy now than it use to be - and its not THAT easy to find people for kpq/lpq, but it IS doable. LMPQ is straight up dead since there are better leveling options.

Also imo, server population trumps kind of everything. You can't really play maplestory without friends / other people. Maplelegends has a good stable population.

One thing to note though is that the grind here is truly a journey. 2x exp rates means that you can't realistically expect to hit 200 after a few months of playing. It takes most people a year+

3. OP
    OP
    4thJobHokage

4thJobHokage Red Snail

May 9, 2017
    Male
    2:17 AM
    Fighter
    DevilFruit
    xD I was 4thJobSeries (an Aran) on Croosade. Cool, as long as it's do-able that's good enough for me. In the lower levels I really do prefer the PQs. I assume nobody OPQs either as there are better options? Yeah, on a 2x server my expectation probably wouldn't be to hit 200, maybe 160~170 so I can do end game Horntail, but after that I do find the one bad thing about v62 Maple is that it doesn't have the latest of late game content (though I see there is Ninja Castle so maybe there is Castellan?).

I think I'll download this soon & start playing. I see that I do have 2 of my characters from the second time I played this, but I'd rather just start over honestly. Thanks for the input =)

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:17 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    There is Castellan. There is also neo Tokyo and we have Pink Bean update coming soonTM. Any other questions let us know <3

• Like Like x 1
  5. kanskje

kanskje Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2019
    4:17 AM
    Dark Knight
    Anti
    No one really does LMPQ. People usually do LPQ until around level 50, then EPQ until level 55, then PPQ from there.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. Villain

Villain Red Snail

May 8, 2019
    Male
    10:17 AM
    My man. I feel you 100%. I couldn't find a server that would give me that excitement you speak of and somehow ended up here out of boredom. Even though the race to 200 is somewhat over, the race for attack range never ends. Regardless of that, high level players aren't too common from what I've seen. This server's been up for what, 4 years? Only 51 max levelled characters.

Add me IG, would be cool playing with you again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    3:17 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    You can always go for quest count race imo

• Agree Agree x 1