1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback from our anniversary event and suggestions for future events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blonde, May 30, 2019.

1. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    1:36 PM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Dear all,

With the anniversary event having just concluded not long ago, we'd like to hear more about what you enjoyed about the event, or feedback on how it could be improved on.

That being said, we'd also like to hear from our community about what they would like to see in future and upcoming events (e.g. Summer 2019).

All feedback is appreciated, just no troll replies please.

Thank you!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:36 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. cooltime

cooltime Mushmom

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    asdfghjkl
    12:36 AM
    Rayquaza
    Hermit
    DevilFruits
    THE EVENT WAS GREAT! I like events with cool pqs like the pink bean pq. This event and the christmas event are my favourite ones. The snowman boss spawning was more hype to me than this one cuz this one appears more often.

Imo I think there could be other events that are different in nature. Like the events have been very similar ( trade the ETC for a chance to get a random item/ws, cs, pac, pgc) or for a item/nx equip of ur choice.

There could be more games, like maybe yut, a jump quest or anything. The cool part about events is the game they come with, it makes it interesting.

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    10:36 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I enjoyed the event, but I felt the rewards were quite lacking if you weren't willing to use a ton of mules and trying to be efficient.

Maple Weapons have been coming out for a few years now, so the market for them isn't quite as demanding. Even Maple Shields have had trouble keeping value compared to last year or the year before.

I don't like feeling the need to log into multiple accounts in order to get the full reward, which really made Puff Daddy less fun overall. If the damage cap to earn coins was much higher and more coins were offered, I feel like it would make for a better experience overall. It should be difficult to cap out on a single character.

The PQ felt like there were too many mules involved. I liked the boss PQ from a couple years ago because you had to have genuinely committed a lot of time to the game in order to succeed. The PBPQ was enjoyable with friends, but if you're going with random mules it wasn't quite as fun.

The event gachas are cool. The NX on the ground is cool. The old school islanders flexing their ultra-rare chairs are cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    I would love if Maple Weapons had a low percentage of dropping from mobs like in GMS 4th(iirc don’t quote me) anniversary.

Though the boxes are neat I liked having to target certain mobs for certain maple items.

I think all the multiclienting and muling that is rampant in the anniversaries would be discouraged as well if the event was refocused on grinding/farming mobs.

Idk just a thought!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Inkuna

Inkuna Red Snail

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    1:36 AM
    Inkuna, Midia, StarGarden
    Bishop, Ranger, Brawler
    I would love to see the cake puffs made untradeable. I think it kinda hurts the "community working together for a common goal" aspect when a bunch of people just horde the puffs and sell to the highest bidder. It makes you feel like you're wasting mesos by donating them unless you're aiming to become a top donator, which only becomes possible by buying up a bunch of them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    12:36 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    HI RYAN MapleF14

I'll go straight to the point:

I love the custom Pink Bean Party Quest :D It's always good to see exclusive features around

The raffle has tons of good stuff :0

Beautiful event map :3

Puff Daddy is hot omg

Love the come-back hair styles and faces, along with the new one :)

If you fail the jump in the 3rd stage in the party quest, you have to run back from stage 1 again. In the party if 1 person felt down, get tp'd to stage 1 region and enter the portal, everyone get tp'd to stage 2 again :(

The fact that only the one with the cake can enter the portal between stage 2-3 and stage 3-4 is kinda annoying. The problem is similiar to above :0 . And sometime (I got this problem on my last pbpq) the one with the cake is being a troll: got to the letter stage and not returning the cake after doing letters.

The coin is random no matter how much efford you put into the party quest :(

Puff Daddy brings lag after defeat, causing (short) lag to the whole server

People after getting a certain amount of hit (to get the full 3 coins) in Puff Daddy fight stop attacking

Due to the fact throwing star is allowed in puff daddy, people may stand in a spot where they can hold a button (or maybe keyweight) to attack and (almost) never get hit

I love Maplestory chair (the tree one) is untradable and I'm having 2 of them lol

Have a good day uwu!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I only participated in the event at the beginning - and I think that it was very well balanced.

Yes, people did multiclient to abuse this event, but it took serious effort to do so. It certainly was not as abuse-able as christmas 2018. I like this sort of design where people can multi-client if they want to, but it takes additional effort.

I felt that the rewards were a bit lacking (or maybe not). Attack capes (clean ones), white scroll, and chaos scroll prices actually rose during this event. I'm guessing that either the reward rate for these items during the event was too low or that we have some really hungry end game players trying to purchase every end game scroll that they can.

10. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Im not sure if it is implementable but I would suggest for the exchange of event NX pet, if we got the pet once, we wont get the pet again.It would save the time and effort required for players and epecially the GM to resolve the duplicate pet issue.

If people wants the same pet maybe they can make a specific request to change the other pet type that they have currently to the one they want (e.g. berry -> kiwi. Game will recognise they dun have berry after the exchange and the person is still entitled to get berry from the exchange.)

Or maybe make the event NX pet exchangable like the cash eq sets? Like 11 coins for a pet

11. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I agree with what other people said. I won't repeat what's already been stated. Please make untradeable chairs tradeable MapleF11

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sarahhh

Sarahhh Slime

May 8, 2018
    Female
    Hero
    I actually enjoyed the concept of the event overall, theres only just 2 things that I dislike about the event.

1. After a puff daddy gets killed, it causes a lot of lag to the whole server, not only that there's no cooldown on entering the map unlike the snowman boss map christmas event last year. I believe if it isnt really possible to reduce the lag of that, at least a cooldown of like maybe half an hour would be fantastic, as it makes the players who are doing bossing an easier time as theres always someone who will summon it like 6 or 7 times in a row, maybe more than that.

2. Duplicated pets: Maybe adding a non-duplicated nx items exchange would be great as it gets really frustrating to get the same nx items more than twice.

That's all the feedback I can give. Have a good day

13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    6:36 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Good:
    free washes
    free cash
    more exp
    the fm was neat
    Bad:
    The boss is awful, good look tracking your char on the multitude and have fun doing the basic attack to a mob for 10 mins
    rewards on coins are too low imo, just get rid of the pq so the only way to get coins is not easily exploited with a milion mules so you can make drops worth their time, the one milion shitty bandanas made me stop caring about the whole special maps within a few days.
    imposible to know the hp of the boss made it worst
    the lag screws you if you are bossing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    12:36 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    same mood

15. emoimo

emoimo King Slime

Jul 20, 2017
    F/P Arch Mage
    I'd appreciate if next time you could be more clear on when raffling will end. Previous events set a precedent that we would be able to exchange our coins and golden tickets for a a short while after the event ended. I think a lot of us were caught by surprise when this event was different. I know there was an announcement, but it was basically an afterthought to the pet stuff, so I missed it. It was also announced less than a day before the event ended.

[​IMG]

I understand that the event ends when the event ends. I have no issue with that. But because of the precedent set by previous events, I think that it would be fair to (visibly) warn us ahead of time if things will be different so that we can plan accordingly.

Anyway here are my criticisms about the event.
    - Nobody likes getting stuck at Puff Daddy or Snowman for 20 minutes while 5 people hit. Is it possible for cake boss to just take a set amount of time each time?
    - Randomized PQ rewards were a little tilting even if 4 was more likely than 2. Maybe you could get more coins for doing the PQ faster or with fewer people or something like that (would also punish mules).
    - As a MAC user, I feel like I missed the first week of the event due to the disconnects. I was hoping we might have gotten a small extension, but I'm not terribly upset about this. It was a long event and I know you all work hard to keep the game playable at all!

On the positive side,
    + I loved the NX items and chairs that were available during this event
    + Style saver :D (can't change my face yet though because it's an old event face)
    + I appreciate the effort to make the PQ less mule-able even if it punished players like me who are bad at jumping :^).
    + As usual, glad to get washes, bonus exp, reduced travel time, etc.
    + The FM looked awesome!

16. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    From an islanders perspective the event was great. However I don't feel like I want to see an other cake boss again for the next anniversary event due to how laggy and unrewarding it feels.

What I would like to see for the upcoming summer event is summer themed chairs and cute summer outfits. Also if it's not too much work for the staff I would love to be able to change skin, hair/eye color during the upcoming summer event.

Also I just wanna say thanks to the MapleLegends staff for all your time that you put into this anniversary event. Thank you so much.

17. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Good:
    1. Extra exp
      - was able to make an SI mule in around 10 days due to this
    2. Extra NX
      - self-explanatory
    3. Golden tix drop
      - was able to get around 40 resets due to this
    4. Attack cakes from PBPQ
    Bad
    1. Puff daddy lag
      - I think many can agree, that the lag after it dies is absolutely horrendous
      - Gets worse when some pepegas decide to just summon 5 - 6 of them in an hour
      - GL if you were in HT/CWKPQ
    2. Coin rewards
      - Getting a maximum of 4 coins in PQ and 3 coins during during puff daddy is just not worth the time TBH (gave up on puff daddy after 3 days), especially when you are just getting trashdanas more than half the time
      - The system just rewards multi-clienting (I've seen people talk about how xmas was worse than this, but I didn't play then), I can just literally alt tab with throwing stars on 3 characters during puff
      - This system also seem pretty appealing to those who FM hoe most of the time. If you actually looked, FM is dead when puff daddy is active. So essentially those that grind are basically getting the same rewards, maybe even less, since some can't even be bothered.
    Suggestions
    1. Make puffs untradeable (if this comes back in the future)
      - Honestly most of the people spamming that shit are just buying them off FM
    2. Alternative ways to earn coins
      - Something like Halloween 2018 is good IMO (can't think of anything else on the top of my head right now)
    3. NPC Clicking on puff daddy
      - Instead of having 500 people click on the same NPC which lags the server, why not just disable NPC clicking and let the timer expire and warp them out (unsure if this solves the issue)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Breaklimits

Breaklimits King Slime

Feb 10, 2018
    Male
    Breaklimits
    Pirate
    ornhub
    For future eventa maybe an idea to so a summon event like old days
    It might be laggy but if possible it would be realy fun
    Also make items that u can use to get gm buffs instead spam gm buffs in fm were ppl dc.

19. Puca

Puca Mano

Sep 28, 2017
    Male
    7:36 AM
    Puca
    Beginner
    Could be nice if we actually can make AP Resets from any event~ not only by gold tickets which is rarely super hard drop rate ^^
    since 5k daily vote would take over a year to wash a end game attacker^
    otherwisde was good, thanks for everything~ :D

20. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I'm pretty sure that grinders who ignored whole events got more than those who participated puff daddy and daily PQs.
    If event didn't reward ones who participated, there would be no point.
    You can see above posts that some people stopped caring about the event after few days.
    You might say that you get all the fun from the event, but killing puff daddy wasn't fun at all due to lag and most of participants had 2~3 mules at least.
    I think there should have been some tweaks based on rewards a.k.a raffle rates.

• Agree Agree x 3