1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stun Mastery change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, May 31, 2019.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    10:27 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I recently discovered how stun mastery actually works and I'ts a bit stupid, I'm not sure if it can be changed but if is possible why not change it? Let me explain:

All critical hits add % to the % of the skill, critical hit from bowman and assasin add 200% as the description says, so if a bowman does 100% with strafe the total % on a crit is 300%.
    SE says it adds 40% but actually adds 140%.
    Now stun mastery says 60% I asumed it was 160% like SE but is actually +60%, but when used with SE it adds +160% (+ 140% of se making a total of 300%). The img files says it does 160 damage like se says its 140 damage so perhaps is somewhere within the code.

I have no idea why is this way but It would be cool if the 60% was actually +160% all the time to make it more consisntent, yes is also better than what we have now but it only applies to regular mobs and is prefectly balanced.

Small miscelaneous change change the description of SE and sun mastery to refect the real %

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:27 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Buccs got like 7 different buffs last patch while our Shadower friends got essentially bupkiss and you have the gall to demand more??!?!?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    11:27 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Maybe this skill mistake is the cause of buccs being so weak.
    Isnt range crit 240%? with se and 100% skill damage?

4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    More than a buff is a change that would make the whole crit system works, besides altho I suggest this change I think shadower needs buffs as well and I spoke about a lot of changes for them now is all down to the GMs to do something

5. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Bucc is not weak and I don't think this skill is the cause of anything, just I hope that stunning would give you a bit more of a bonus without having to have SE, I got a SE mule myself but for those that don't perhaps, they could get more o.o

6. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    If they are not weak compare to other classes why do we need to buff them more?
    They are not weak and have good party skill...

7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Guys relax, he's not asking for a buff. He's just asking for the skill to make sense (either in the description or the way the skill works)...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    5:27 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Agreed. This is not buff issue. Skill description is misleading, so it needs to be fixed by either bringing skill up to the description or fixing the description.

Please don't discuss balance on this thread.

9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    SE description is misleading as well, its 140% instead of 40%. The whole issue with stun mastery is not that I want more damage on it to give Buccaneer more damage; what I want is the skill to be consistent, it adds 60% damage by itself, you only reach its full potential 160% if you have SE meaning unless you have a friend that has that buff or you make a mule yourself you wont be able to get the full bonus. So the best solution is to make it always 160%, SE will still make your damage a lot better but you wont need it in order to get the whole bonus.
    Is like imagin bowman and assasin crits only dealt 100% of the 200% and the only way to get that 200% is with SE, wouldnt that make them more reliant on SE?

10. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    From what i see se add only 40%. Or 1.4 total damage. You say its 2.4?

11. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    LidasLidas the way that critical work is not multiplicative is additive, for example, SE desc says it adds 40% that is actually 140% (this damage increase is only listed on the files) anyways instead of multiplying the total damage by 1.4 (that was I used to think it did) it adds 140% to the % of the skills; if a warrior uses power strike and the skill is maxed they do 260% of their range, but if is a SE crit they would do 400% (260% + 140%). Same with the other crit skills like critical shot, it just adds 200% to total % of the skill. But now her comes Stun Mastery, this skill on the desc says 60% damage but the files say is 160 damage just like SE but it only adds 60% to the total % unless you have SE, in that case, it adds 160% (a percentage that it should be adding always). So yeah more than a buff is how this skills is supposed to work to.
    Edit: only mages the x1.4 from SE since they don't have stun mastery they will be fine