1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Item ignore pendant

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Linus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Linus

Linus Orange Mushroom

Jun 4, 2015
    Male
    2:17 AM
    Supine
    Night Lord
    Pancake
    Ive been trying out the Item ignore pendant recently and as it is now its completely useless.
    there's a pretty limited amount of mob drops that im interested in and the pendant only lets your pet ignore 8(?) items.
    My suggestion is basically an unlimited ignore list or simply a whitelist pendant instead which basically would do the opposite to the ignore pendant. Or even a "block all" feature on the ignore pendant which you can then tick off the items you want the pet to loot (same result)

Hope this makes sense :O if it doesnt feel free to ask wtf im talking about <3

2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    8:17 PM
    I feel 8 items is pretty good since you're going to be training at a specific spot for at least a couple of levels.
    Most mobs don't have much "useless" items for you to filter all of them out from item ignore.
    You can keep changing the items you need to ignore, as you progress to other training maps.

You can also get multiple pets and get the item ignore on them as well, to ignore 16, and 24 items.
    So a "block all" isn't really needed imo.

3. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    5:17 PM
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    I agree: the only time I ever thought of using the feature was when I was grinding my I/L back in the day at GS2 or maybe selling leech at Ulu2. Even then, all I really wanted to do was ignore the scrolls dropped and the ETC drops, and even in a map like Ulu2, I believe 8 slots is more than enough.

The whitelist idea is nifty, but alas, the same end-all can be achieved by just using the item ignore one instead.