1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What MapleStory Memories Do You Have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MangaFox156, Mar 16, 2017.

1. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    8:12 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Newtie parties were legit!!! #buffnewtiesexp #makenewtiespartiesgreatagain

2. vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    5:12 AM
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    I've been playing MS on and off since I was 8, so 12 years now (almost 13). I remember seeing my older brother play it on his computer and watching him on his level 35 hunter trying to earn meso killing things in Amoria. I loved how cute the game was and also the music was something that got me interested. Eventually I made an account and I tried to get my irl friends into it too but that never really worked out as they weren't really into games that heavily. I do remember my first character was a mage and I don't think I ever even got my second JA (I didn't know they existed I don't think, I remember getting to 3x and not doing anything) I also remember having one of the valentine roses and feeling so cool walking around holding it.

I took a break for a while after messing up my mage so bad and then when I was a little older (probably 10) I tried the game again. At this time I made a Cygnus Knight (I was so excited for them because of their little elemental familiars, I thought they were like pets that would follow you around and they got me so hype) I made a thief and I ended up getting that character to 114 (shoutout to eepybird13). I met another kid around my age named Ethan and we would talk all the time and train together. We would open the chat window if we were in separate maps or areas and talk for hours about our lives and make up stories together. One of my favorite parts of maple is just talking for hours with people which I haven't had the chance to do on ML yet but I look forward to whenever it happens. A really particular memory I have is of Ethan wanting to be my maple bf and have us get married but I was like 10 and I couldn't buy the wedding with NX so I asked my parents if it would be okay for me to get married in a video game, needless to say they said no pretty quickly; I especially felt bad about it because Ethan had already gifted me a ring but we couldn't get a wedding ceremony :-( I still have Ethan's email and I remember him actually contacting me at some point quite a few years ago now telling me he was more active on some other game and that he missed me. I don't think I ever replied.

I took another break for a while after getting that Cygnus Knight to 114 and eventually got back into GMS again making quite a few other characters that I got to around 15x before quitting. I recall making a demon avenger and spamming the full map skill at twisted jesters in NLC for hours, ks'ing random maps because I was so excited to have a badass skill. I also remember getting the Crimson Maple Set and accidentally choosing the wrong weapon and being so upset I quit the character lol.

After another long break I started Reboot on GMS and I have about 32 characters currently on there with a total level in the legion system of 4600. I've never gotten a character to level cap before, the closest I got was my CK at 114 and my Cadena on GMS at 216. I do have 5 characters on Reboot over 200 and 3 210+ ^__^ So although I've never hit level cap, I do get lots of characters past the 200 threshold. I've pretty much given up on GMS after many hours of turmoil over some of the mechanics and losing the feeling of it really being... fun. The best part of MS for me is interacting with other people and being social, GMS has lost that over the years. Its become solo leveling to 200 and then joining a guild for carries and leech in the Arcane region, there are no PQs and the only bosses you need a party for are endgame (220+).

ML has revived my love for MS wholeheartedly and I've made so many new friends in the last month. I've gone back to my thief roots and made a bandit and I'm loving every second of it! Thank you to the ML team for such a wonderful take on the old school MS experience <3

• Like Like x 1