1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccaneer Buffs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sepio61, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    10:53 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Buccaneer is a fun class to play and they are great to have in parties. However they do have several flaws and I hope they can be fixed at some point.

-Dragon Strike: My biggest problem with this skill is the cool down that this move does not deserve. It makes mobbing take longer than it should. The move already has a slow start up and it only hits once. Warriors have the ability to spam their mobbing attacks with multiple hits, no cool down, and their attacks are much faster than Dragon Strike. I would like this skill to have its cool down completely removed so the move can be spammed for faster mobbing.

-Corkscrew Blow: I understand this is a 2nd job skill, but the skill having a maximum amount of 3 monsters being attacked is underwhelming. I think it would be better if the skill started off with 3 monsters being attacked and grew up to at least 5 or 6 as more SP is added to the skill. That way it's not too underwhelming but at the same time it doesn't outshine Warriors' 4th job Rush skill.

-Speed Infusion: I'm hoping there is a way for Speed Infusion to not get overridden by Booster. The GMs did an update similar to this a few months ago when they made it so weaker buffs don't override stronger buffs that increase the same stat. Is this possible?

• Like Like x 1
  2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    11:53 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Yes!! I've been asking for Dragon Strike to be spammable. We are not a dps attacker, rather a support class. Having a spammable Dragon Strike would at least make us good mobbers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Regarding SI:

Notwithstanding the technical difficulty of implementing that since I'm not a dev, it will end up being a nerf. Currently, ML made it so that SI gives the same speed (4) as SI+Booster would (2+2) on GMS. This means, even if you don't have booster, you still get same speed buff either way.

If we were to make them stack, we'd have to nerf SI buff back to 2.

I mean it makes sense to have it that way, but I figure it's not that way for a technical reason and therefore I don't see it happening anytime soon.

FYI: smart buff system works based on stats you see on your status window. Since attack speed isn't on that, it wouldn't be able to use the same system.

tl;dr apply to be a dev pls we need more shotshot

4. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I know about the technical difficulties of trying to stack Booster and Speed Infusion, which is why I wasn’t asking for that. I was just asking if there is a way for Booster to not override Speed Infusion after SI has been used. Because it sucks when I have to take Booster out of my macro every time I’m in a party with a Bucc just so Booster doesn’t override Speed Infusion.

If it’s not fixable, I guess it’s not TERRIBLE news. The flaws I listed about Dragon Strike and Corkscrew Blow are more important to me to be fixed than the flaw about Speed Infusion.

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Ah, I misunderstood, then. Still FYI applies SeemsGood

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:53 PM
    Moderator Post
    The problem I personally have with making skills from pirates spammable is that the unique identity of the pirate will be going away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Not necessarily. It’s not like any of the other skills that Buccs have are going away. Buccs would just have better mobbing ability. How is it fair that warriors can mob with multi hit attacks with no cool downs but Buccs can’t with a slow, 1 hit attack? Or how is it fair for mages to be able to spam AoE’s that cover entire maps but Buccs have to have a cool down just to attack 6 monsters? Buccs are already a class with some of the worst DPS in the game. The least they could have is good mobbing ability.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:53 PM
    Moderator Post
    Because if they are spammable you have pretty much always invincible frames.

9. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I think you’re confused with Barrage. Dragon Strike does not have i-frames.

10. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I’m not saying all Bucc skills should have their cool downs removed. I’m only suggesting Dragon Strike have its cool down removed because it doesn’t deserve one.

11. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    8:53 AM
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    I don't agree with most of this except the amount of mobs crockscrew hits, and in addition while I understand you guys can't "code" corckscrew during transformation and super transformation the QOL that would have on the class during bossing is insane. It would change how people play the class, either that or just give them a stance just like warrior that you don't charge for a 1~2min for only 50 seconds.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:53 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    From what I can tell, the dummy DPM tests for buccs is actually pretty comparable to the other warriors (even with transform CD taken into account). The only real problem is their shoddy stance, which makes it a lot harder to do effective dpm in actual bosses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Stance for Buccaneers isn’t much of an issue anymore ever since Buccs received a buff that fills up their energy faster and their stance has been increased to 90%. It’s why I didn’t mention that part on my original post. Buccs are a melee class so they should be able to mob using their main mobbing skill without having a cooldown just like Warriors are able to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    As a buccaneer main, while I understand your point of of further reducing the delay of ds, I don't believe it is that necessary because there are other mobbing skills that can be more effective such as snatch and energy orbs- I see ds more of as a generic mobbing skill we use to charge up our skills or wait for ST cooldown, not one skill to rule them all. Also by buffing ds, you are indirectly nerfing other mobbing skills (energy orb, snatch), which in return makes those two pointless unless those two gets buffed as well.

At least compared to when I started playing as a buccaneer back in early 2018, I believe that we are at a good place in terms of its balance. Sure there are still flaws, but I don't find them to be particularly unbalanced to the point where we need to make another drastic changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    8:53 AM
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    Do you not horn tail? What's your actual IGN this can't be the lvl 12 brawler in California right?

This is now a meme thread

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    The thing is, most buccs (that aren't SI and TL mules) don't add SP into Energy Orb and Snatch until they are very high leveled because Buccs have more important skills to add SP into first. For example, Speed Infusion, Dragon Strike, Barrage, Super Transformation, Demolition, Maple Warrior, maybe Time Leap and Hero's Will if you go bossing. This means that for most of 4th job, Buccs go without the use of Energy Orb and Snatch. They mostly use Dragon Strike, a slow, delayed mobbing attack which results in slow training (unless you pay for leech). And even when Energy Orb is maxed, it still hits harder than Dragon Strike does when that skill is maxed. And other than for fighting bosses, Super Transformation isn't used very often. So having Dragon Strike with no delay does not affect Energy Orb at all and barely affects Snatch.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    When using just a dragon strike itself, sure. However, that is just not buccaneers in general, rather all other classes that does not have a massive AOE such as mages or pallys. You also forgot to mention that one simply does not just spam dragon strike over and over again, rather it is used in combination of other skills such as corkscrew, backspin, etc... which really increases its effectiveness particularly when attacking the mobs that are stunned with stun mastery. As a bonus, if you find another bm or mm that can cast SE, your mobbing potential pretty much doubles, which not many classes are capable of. Granted, these can only happen when you have other person to grind with, but imo you really should not be training alone after 4th job anyway due to just being inefficient in general.

The reason I said buffing ds would affect orb and snatch is because both skills do what ds does a little bit better, and buffing it would make those advantages pointless. Delay of dragon stike has already been buffed a few times and making it stronger than how it is right now would either require those other skills to be buffed as well, or people would not use those skills entirely.

18. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    As I've mentioned before, the other skills that Buccaneers have aren't going anywhere. Buccs would still have the option to use Backspin Blow and Double Uppercut to stun enemies. I'm saying it would make training faster if Buccs were also given the option to spam Dragon Strike. If you trained your Bucc before you reached 120, you probably spammed Sommersault Kick because it was your main mob skill at the time, right? And just because you spammed Sommersault Kick didn't mean you didn't also use BSB and DU to help kill enemies as well. The same applies with Dragon Strike. Just because if I had the ability to spam DS, that doesn't mean I wouldn't use the other skills in my arsenal. It'd just make training easier because Buccs would have more options on how to train rather than being forced to use a different attack after using 1 DS (or having to wait on the cool down to end to use DS again).

As for the statement about being in a party with a 4th job bowman, it's likely that Buccs are never going to be in a party with them unless they are bossing together (or there is an SE mule) because Buccs and 4th job bowmen do not train in the same areas, so that is an extremely situational scenario.

And I understand what you mean about Orb and Snatch being slightly affected but as I've said earlier, Buccs don't add on those skills until way late in the game. And the affects would be minor because Orb still hits higher than DS when they are both at max level and Snatch is only used during Super Transformation and that buff isn't used much outside of bossing. Plus DS can't even be used when Super Transformation has been activated.