1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Higher Tier (Aesthetic) Monster Book Rings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MissRainbow, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    11:52 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    The suggestion is to add monster book rings of tiers that are higher than 10 – without granting any additional stat bonuses for them.

The purpose is to capitalize on the nature of rings as "trophies" that are rewarded to players who enjoy collecting cards, without making the rings disturb the balance of the game.

Ideally, it would be nice if you could add enough ring tiers to cover all the available card sets in the server (and potentially add more tiers in the future if more sets are added at some point? Or maybe just add more tiers than it is currently possible to achieve, and it would become possible when other sets are added? Many options here depending on whether or not there are plans to add any more card sets).

The last tier that grants additional stat bonuses would be T10. Every tier above that would have stats identical to T10, and would be just for show/as a small trophy for collectors that they can show other people – without granting a player any in-game advantage over a T10.

If there's a downside to it that I can think of, it's that it might be confusing to newcomers who could think that there is an in-game benefit to reach higher tiers, only to finish collecting another 30 sets after T10 and realize it was for nothing… but realistically, someone who collected 300 card sets is probably not much of a newcomer anymore and likely knows about these things. And if not and they literally joined the game and started collecting thousands of cards, then, well… I feel like the completed monster book is the reward they're shooting for more than anything.

I think adding more tiers after T10 for the monster book rings without granting any in-game advantages for them might be a very nice way to reward the hardcore card collectors and give them an extra layer of enjoyment in the game, without hurting anyone else.

Any thoughts? <3
    (It's a rainbow just for fun)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    6:52 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I can't believe you've done this

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    1:52 AM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    My signature checks out :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    If you have noticed I avoided using yellow as it makes the text difficult to read <3

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    6:52 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm sorry what did you say?

Good suggestion tho, I don't see any harm in it besides the fact we need new graphics for the item.

6. OP
    OP
    MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I think It would be ok to recycle the same colors of rings and changing only the title (to avoid the need to design new items).
    OR, if it's possible (just throwing ideas in the air) change the color of the metal of the ring and use the other ores available in the game :)
    But yes, I assume it would require some work.

7. Cylare

Cylare Red Snail

Aug 6, 2019
    Male
    12:52 AM
    Cylare
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    As I was playing earlier today, I realized monsters in Taiwan didn't have a card drop.
    Wondering if it has ever been considered to let them join the Monster Book, and I stumble upon this post.

Even though it would only apply to and interest a low % of players. As a collector I think it would add a charming and unique asset to the server.

Aesthetic suggestion:
    It would be neat if the higher Tier rings have a visual effect similar to the name covering Lable Rings from the Cash Shop instead of/in addition to sprite redesign, as Legends does not have the modern ''Badge Title''.
    Perhaps there are some unused design assets?

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:52 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I want these rings to give an in game advantage with higher stats.

9. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    6:52 AM
    If you are saying to give stats beyond the ones we have for T10 (besides new graphics/designs), I don't think it's possible. Most people agree that current T10 stats are rewarding enough for people who worked so hard to achieve that. I believe the brainstorming and discussion of what the maximum stats for max tiered rings were well thought out during the initial creation of monster book rings.

However, this idea isn't bad. I like the idea of having some sort of trophy or label for players who achieve beyond T10. Nothing ground breaking yet it gives a sense of achievement for card collectors, why not? Possibly be looking into this once we've sort out existing issues or upcoming scheduled events. Great suggestion though :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    12:52 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    In any case, as collectibles i would consider tweaking a little the amount of sets needed (to be higher, since they are only items with no more than just trophy purpose at that point).

For the visual aspect, an ambitious but still pretty thing that could be considered as idea would be rewarding a Cash one with an effect or something like that, that way you can truly show off it as a trophy visually at FM for example, instead of just item smega or ppl clicking you. (Not promising that this is going to be done as GFX designer myself, but saying that it can be discussed and done with a little time)

Holy shiet my eyes

• Friendly Friendly x 3