1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Economy

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by vorpalzvezda, Aug 21, 2019.

1. vorpalzvezda

vorpalzvezda Blue Snail

Aug 21, 2019
    Male
    7:19 PM
    SimplySnooka
    Bandit
    Nani
    There is a great deal of potential in this economy with our active playerbase. However, as newer players continue to join, there is an inherent need for low level equips which isn't being met. Most new players are trying to sink a great deal of their mesos into gear that they will never be able to fully fund. Slowing progression or nearly halting it altogether. So, I've given it a bit of thought and realized three incredibly simple solutions to this.

1. Owl of Minerva - Should cost 1 meso instead of Vote Cash. With as many shops as we have on multiple channels. It's virtually impossible to surveil the entire FreeMarket efficiently (hindering new players and veterans alike as they cannot accurately price items they wish to purchase or items they wish to sell) This will also greatly benefit people who are dedicated to being merchants. Anyone who has used an owl to purchase something will see a massive discrepancy in prices across any type of item. Clearly indicating that the majority of players cannot gauge supply, demand, or value.

2. Inventory space - I genuinely think that if people weren't being forced to NPC the majority of dropped equips (especially at lower levels) because of the lack of inventory space. We would actually be able to supply every class with items through every level bracket. This will greatly help the circulation of mesos. More lower level players will be exchanging mesos with one another easing their need to get that one gach item to fix it all.

3. Merchant Item Slots - Should be doubled or even maxed at 50 to match inventory space. Helping facilitate the demand for scrolls/equips/books without having to sacrifice one for another. More often than not scrolls are sold over equips because of their perceived value and quicker sales. Leaving a deficiency of other items.

These few changes, which I don't believe would be hard to implement, could really balance out the economy of this server. Establishing a commodities value is crucial to any economy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:19 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1. Owls are already fairly free since you are allowed to multivote. Most people have a phone so you can def get a free vote in at a public library, starbucks or school. Just vote on a mule and use it for owls.

2. This is a valid point. I've actually spent well over 100k nx increasing my inventory slots because we do NOT start off with nearly enough.

3. This would also be nice. I often have to load up 2-3 merchants to sell everything I have.

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    4:19 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    The Junk Yard regularly supplies lower level equips, but they rarely sell. I find I have to NPC them to make room for newer equips I've encountered.

Channel 6 FM2 - tell your friends!

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    11:19 PM
    I have to agree with Akashsky here.

Owls are basically free as is, so no need to make any changes to them.

I wouldn't mind inventory expansion requiring NX still, but it would be nice if it never caps out so you can infinitely expand your inventory. I expect there are technical limitations to this, though.

In original GMS, I believe this was limited to make people spend more money on more merchants. In the context of this server, I see no reason for there being a maximum number of items your merchant can hold. I doubt too many people are nostalgic for their hired merchant's limited inventory space.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:19 AM
    Moderator Post
    Your guess is correct. It cannot be expanded further than we already did (126 slots iirc). Any further breaks things.

6. OP
    OP
    vorpalzvezda

vorpalzvezda Blue Snail

Aug 21, 2019
    Male
    SimplySnooka
    Bandit
    Nani
    So, people have to find other wifi to increase their voting, for more owls? That is the answer to this? I can't even tell if you guys are kidding or really think this....

7. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    11:19 PM
    I don't know about you, but I have enough IPs available to me that I can vote on literally as many accounts as I want in a day. I appreciate other people might not have the same sort of availability, but if you don't there are other tricks you can do to get access to more IP addresses to vote from.

Chances are if you just reset your router at home, you'll be assigned a different IP address so can vote on a few accounts that way. You will eventually start to get assigned the same IPs, though. A lot of this will depend on specifics of how your internet provider handles IP address provisioning.

You'll also get a different IP for your mobile data compared to your home WiFi. Similarly to your home network, turning airplane mode on and off on your phone will likely mean your phone will be assigned a new IP address. Again, this depends on how your phone provider handles the assignment of IP addresses.

Owls cost 500 NX each if you buy them in stacks of 6 or 700 NX individually. If you only buy them individually, that's 7 owls a day at 5k vote cash per day. If you only buy in stacks of 6, this averages out to 10 owls a day. If you just set up one account that you use one of these tricks to vote on, you'll have more than enough owls.

Having owls literally be an unlimited resource would devalue getting FM1 spots, I think. The current system is pretty much ideal in my opinion because it means that you can get as many owls as you'll realistically want, but it takes effort to vote on the extra account(s) and these votes help the server on GTOP100.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    1:19 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I don't see the problem here. You vote once on your laptop, gaining you 5k nx. Another time on your phone data (which as akash said it's safe to assume most people have), 10k nx.
    Owls are 700 nx, or 6 for 3k. Which means you can buy 19 owls a day. Even if you're a hardcore merchant, that's more than enough imo.

I do agree the we could use a modest expansion to the store slots. Cap it at 25 perhaps? 50 is too much as it's already a bit hard to scroll through them without accidentally jumping, and would be too cluttered in general.

As for noob equips, they simply don't sell. Even middle levels like 50-90 don't get any attention. Most prefer to hoard until a more impactful and expensive piece of gear comes along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I don't see owl becoming such devalued item when it's already practically free.

Using owl could benefit you millions of mesos and a really good merchant will earn billions from it (we all know whom I'm referring to MapleF12)

It costing vote cash would at least benefit the server, but it costing 1 meso... I don't see any point in that. Sacrifice your free NX, whether you multi vote or not.

For other points, I share similar sentiments will other comments, albeit more conservative.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1