1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Purple Surf Board

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Aug 28, 2019.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    3:49 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I wanted to suggest to add this weapon to gachapon (rarity will be up to the GMs if added). At the moment is an event exclusive item, specifically summer event, because of that is a rare item (a bit too rare for my liking). It's the best polearm in the game but its usefulness just comes when comes to grinding, bossing spears are better. This is just a suggestion I wanted to make to see the feedback and what people think, including gms.
    Thank you for reading

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    4:49 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Yes, nooone using polearms but this guy Buttery BearButtery Bear

add stormcasters instead?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Polearm is the best grinding weapon for DK and Hybrid is the best build. Anyways lets keep this down to perhaps adding this weapon to gacha, would be nice and wont break anything

4. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    9:49 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I’d rather not lock both of drk best weapons behind gach (sky ski & PSB). Would be more interesting to include it in the drop table somewhere like a ToT boss

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    4:49 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    ok

6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:49 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It isn't great that the best Pole Arm in the game is locked behind an event. For like 8 months a year it is impossible to find any of them. It's especially bad because I've noticed a lot of DKs coming up through the ranks, they seem like quite a popular class now and many of them have invested in PAs after reading my guide and living at Mannequins.

To gauge the importance of them it's important to note that they are really optimal for 7f grinding on a DK. With a proper rotation and ability to 3ko the fish it's relatively easy to kill the entire left side of 7f before the next spawn comes in. With a spear there's a lot more variation to it and killing the entire left side comes down more to luck in movements, range, and Stance.

With a PA you just do this:
    Spawn -> Rush to bookcase end -> Slam 3x-4x -> Back up to get other fish in range -> Slam 3x-4x -> Everything should be dead -> Repeat

With a spear I'm not sure if there is an optimal way to train, you're just hitting whatever is in front of you and trying to deal with the small vertical range of Crusher only hitting the giants when their hammer is up and only hitting the fish when you're on the middle shelf. And on the righthand bookcase of the left side of the map you can't jump up to that spot with haste, it's like 1 pixel higher than the other bookcases.

The best after the PSB is the Crimson Arcglaive but that is probably in a worse spot in the market because it takes 5+ hours to craft one. There are probably only a few in the game and I don't think anyone is interested in selling theirs.

Then there are the slow Pole Arms which I don't think are worth investing in. They fire at 88% of the speed of the PSB with booster for both, and when you need 7 attacks to clear 7f it adds on about another second to your clear time, which gives the rotation very little breathing room and likely fails.

So the PSB is a very important item, it may not seem like it on a server without Arans but they are sought after and fill a very important role not only for the end of third job but a lot of grinding in 4th job as well. Making it available year round would be great, I don't like telling a bunch of prospective DKs to wait until summer to get their optimal grinding weapon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Making it drop somewhere can work too, I just wanted to see this weapon around more often so perhaps gachapon was more of a middle ground.

8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    6:49 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters