1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Summer Event 2019

Discussion in 'Events' started by Siao, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    6:26 PM
    [​IMG]
    Banner credits to SerinSerin UwU

Suit up and get ready for the hottest summer event ever! Hooray for the hot summer day!
    Event Duration: August 30 ~ October 4 23:59 ST

[​IMG] Coconut Harvest [​IMG]

Gather up your parteh people and join us during this Coconut Harvest Event! We are introducing this event hosted by the GMs:

Gameplay video:

There will be 2 teams being sorted randomly: Maple Team and Story Team. This is a very interesting and simple game; the team that gathers most coconuts in 5 minutes wins the game!
    PS: Only basic attack can be used.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fairytale Event

[​IMG]
    Look for this special man. Gaga can be found in most Towns and Cities. He will bring you over to the event maps and you can start partying with your friends there!

[​IMG]

Treasure Hunter
    Put on your best effort and eliminate as many Witches as you can within 5 minutes! The accumulated points gathered can be exchanged for Cookie Medals
    that gives you a lil' ooft for a short period of time.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Escape from Dungeon
    Grab your BFF and brave through the jump quest together. This quest consist of 3 parts and every stage drops Treasure Chest [​IMG]. With 5 of these, you may exchange for 1 Heartpounding Box [​IMG], which gives plenty of goodies!

[​IMG]

Jack and Skytree
    Here comes the community event you're waiting for! Collect Sunshine [​IMG] that drops from monsters around the world and donate them to the Skytree for it to grow well and strong! Once the beanstalk is fully grown, you may enter into a special map for 5 minutes. Kill as many Pigmys as you can and collect up to 30 Pigmys' Golden Eggs [​IMG] and exchange them for a Heartpounding Box [​IMG]

Fisherman's Wharf

[​IMG]

Head on over to Boat Quay Town, Kampung Village, or Mount Song Town to look for Kedrick! It's summer time and he needs help with fixing his old fishing chair. Help out our old pal here and he will reward you with a Special Fishing Chair he made just for you!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] Rewards and Drops [​IMG]

Monsters around the world are now dropping [​IMG] Ice Box to cool you down during the hot Summer weather! Be sure not to miss them, as they give out cooling treats to fight off the heat!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Feeling burnt out and sun's too scorching hot for mindless grinds and hunts? Whip out the [​IMG] Special Fishing Chair Kedrick made for you, hang around in the Free Market with yer' tired and lazy friends and fish for some lil' extra something! Make sure you have some Bait [​IMG] in your inventory, regular monsters drop them as well MapleF16

Yes, we have a new Summer themed FM look! MapleF14
    Thanks to Krauser94Krauser94 !

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Islander Event

[​IMG]

Mai needs help from you again. Head over to talk to her, and she will reward her dearest Islanders friends with some fancy look! Choose between obtaining random hair or face style or nothing. Rock up your look once more and flaunt them to your friends!

[​IMG] Raffle Daffle [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Look for Kedrick once you've fish up enough fishes with some Bait [​IMG] and exchange them for points. Points can be exchanged for some yummy goodies, more seasonal chairs, and event-only NX set!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Issa Doggo? Bark Bark!
    [​IMG]

What? You want more Doggo pets? Isn't OhDoggoOhDoggo enough for you? Head over to Pet-Walking Road and look for Jason, the grumpy dog owner to help him with his dogs. They are hungry and need taming! Grab some [​IMG] Dog Cookies obtained from [​IMG] Ice Box and feed them well. Once you've successfully tamed them, you get a chance to have them as your pets.
    Note that you might or might not successfully tame them. Don't give up, they are looking for a forever home!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pfft too many doggos for ya? You may exchange them for some exclusive Nx Set with excess [​IMG] Dog Cookies!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Summer Exclusive Faces and Haircuts!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This time, we are bringing back 1 old style and 4 new styles! Grab some hair and face tickets from Kedrick, and look for Big Headward and Plasitc Roy for your new look!
    *Note that hair and cosmetic coupons expire 7 days after the event ends!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Male
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Female
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Male
    Female

Zoom zoom Travels and Rates!
    [​IMG]
    Bringing back the fast travels to get to places half the time faster! During this event, EXP for players under Level 70 will receive a 30% bonus, while users above Level 70 will receive the normal 15% bonus. In addition, all monsters will drop 100 Vote cash and 250 Vote Cash tickets again!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Additionally, we added a bunch of new cash shop items! Visit the Cash Shop and shop away!

Big MEGA THANKS to shotshot who slaved his nights out coding this event and making the lovely items work. This event wouldn't happen if it's not for him. Shoutout to HiyoHiyo and FishyFishy , our new members of the Balance Team (QA) who has been constantly giving us suggestion to improve the event, not just this Summer Event but other changes and balancing as well. Any one misses SerinSerin ? What's even better than coming back with a BANG and ooft! Check out the amazing banner she made :heartbeat:
    & THANK YOU. THANK YOU Krauser94Krauser94 . If you guys like what you see in this event, and the new cash shop items, and all the recent bug fixes, you know who to thank. Dani, you are AMAZING!
    Sorry this is getting long omlord.

Thank you to the rest of the staff who contributed to ideas and as usual, working hard together. The Staff team is still as amazing as ever and we will continue to put our heads together and bring you exciting events in the future!

Last but not least, YOU. Thank you for playing MapleLegends and supporting us from the beginning. We wouldn't be here without you :heart:

Stay hot, stay hydrated, and be lovely. Enjoy the Summer Event!
    Much love,
    - MapleLegends Staff Team -​

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Friendly x 10
    • Great Work x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    7:26 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Not sure how much free time i will have to play the event but nonetheless great effort in being able to release the summer event! SlimeSmile

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    11:26 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Can't wait to see what's on the cash shop and play the events

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Don't expect the most amazing Cash Shop update, because this is first time for Krauser94Krauser94 doing the Cash Shop and the Cash Shop is a huge pain in ass. Now that I talk about that anyway all the new Cash Shop avatars should be on the last page

5. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    5:26 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    OH IM SO INTO THIS

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:26 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Good event, just slightly sad that there is an extra emphasis on the exp bonus and no drop rate bonus at all this time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Siao

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    We made a tiny mistake in our event post. Look for Kedrick for the regular exchange.
    >>>> [​IMG]<<<<
    He is located at Boat Quay Town, Kampung Village, or Mount Song Town.

To head over to the Event venue, look for Gaga, who is located in most towns and cities :)

8. misqi

misqi Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2019
    Page
    My first event on Maple Legends~ So excited!! Thanks to all the staff for making this possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Will weapon booster's skill have no effect in this map? If theres effect, please turn it off!

10. OP
    OP
    Siao

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Skills and buffs will not work in the event map don't worry!

11. ohviviho

ohviviho Slime

Jan 11, 2018
    Female
    ohviviho
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Some things I would like to feedback about the Beanstalk event (given that Kimmy has plans to remove public drops and skills):

1. Players should only be able to enter the portal with an event weapon - this prevents thieves from being able to throw stars with their normal attack

2. Pets should not be able to loot eggs - this prevents players from standing 1 platform away and having their pet to loot so as to avoid getting caught

3. There should be a limit to the number of eggs you can loot per run - this prevents players from kill stealing mobs from other players in the 5 minutes timer. Once they reach the limit, they will not return, giving other players a chance to kill the pigs

4. There should be a community aspect for the event - I really enjoyed the previous events where everyone gathers together to kill a big boss. I feel like this event lacks that social aspect, and in fact makes many players hostile with regards to kill-steal/stealing eggs.
    Honestly, I'm wrapping my head around how to provide a solution for this, but the only solution I think that suits the design of the event is to have a limit on the number of eggs, so players who have reached their limit can help kill for others. However, the problem would be that we are unable to loot what others have killed if no pubic drops are allowed.
    (If anyone reads this and would like to suggest something better, please do!)

[5. Public drops should be allowed - see previous point]

Other suggestions by players:

1. Players should only be allowed to enter the map once - I feel that this may be a problem especially in cc1 whereby within that 5 minutes, there may be too many players in the map and one might end up not able to get a single egg.
    --> This may be solved by having a limit to the number of eggs. Also prevents every player from reaching the limit as there is an element of skill to avoid being caught.

Overall, really enjoyed a different event from the previous ones, gave a fresh activity for older players. Can't thank the staff enough for all the effort they have put in. THANKS! <3

p.s. anyway we can remove eggs from our inventory so ppl who exploited the 1st event won't be at an advantage? (I know may not be possible to I'm fine with it)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I agree with pretty much everything suggested.
    Yesterday at the tree I was able to get about 7 eggs because of heavy lagging (loads of players in the same map) while some people got up to 60.
    I think that putting a limit on eggs and above that limit to be unable to re-enter the map would be a good solution to lower the lags for players like myself (I'm very sure I'm not the only one).

13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I wouldn't change the beanstalk event at all. If you're doing it with your friends it's a complete barrel of laughs. I burst out laughing at quite a few points because of how genuinely enjoyable a pvp experience in Maple was. The thing is I don't really want it to be fair, I like that mages can teleport and NLs can FJ. I'm not even bringing either of them to the event, but they bring a unique flavor to it that I personally enjoy. I like when people need to think of strategies that their characters are uniquely suited to. It keeps the game fresh when for the last few events things have mostly just been a cookie-cutter experience. A lot of the people I talked to seemed to enjoy the beanstalk as well, even a couple people who didn't do too well. It's certainly a lot better than doing yet another snowman/cake boss that people just fill with alts and get the optimal number of hits in to ensure their prizes. Those have gotten quite stale, but fighting against everyone for eggs brings back all of the chaos of KS wars from old Maple. It's a part of the game that you can't really find anywhere else, and I'm glad it's a part of this event and I don't think it should be made any softer.

It's been the most enjoyable event I've ever taken part of, and I've seen them all since Valentines 2017. A lot of them have looked too similar but this summer event has broken the mold. There's still collecting items for an exchange but this time you're encouraged to interact with your friends in the FM. Agape has their little corner in ch4 and there's always someone to chat with there. Guild chat is loaded too, it seems everyone is enjoying the event because it's brought back some old friends and things always feel busy and active.

Personally, from what I've seen the event has brought people closer together and that's what has made it so enjoyable. I've seen a lot of people who needed help and there's been a lot of people helping. The event highlights a lot of the elements of the community that I personally love - helpfulness, working together, banter, playfulness - and it's been a wonderful experience so far.

Thanks for all the hard work that went into the event. It's been amazing. SlimeGrin

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. churlee

churlee Blue Snail

Aug 6, 2019
    6:26 AM
    churlee
    Cleric
    The description for the Beanstalk event (in the post) says that players will be able to collect up to 30 eggs, but that limit has not been imposed as of yet.

15. Sheepie

Sheepie Red Snail

Aug 13, 2018
    Male
    Washington, D.C
    Sheepie
    I/L Arch Mage
    Boop
    Excited for this event! I really enjoyed last years, so I am sure this one will be just as cool. Thanks for all your hard work, MapleLegends team!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. TerryChang

TerryChang Blue Snail

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    MagikuDesu
    Priest
    None
    I am wondering where can I find Jason, I didn't see him when I went to the pet park....

17. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    To the right

18. TerryChang

TerryChang Blue Snail

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    MagikuDesu
    Priest
    None
    Oh tysm!!

19. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Since the event is almost over I would like to make a suggestion for future events. <3
    I really liked the jq, because it's a part of the game I generally enjoy (most of the time) but I feel like this jq was too short and not rewarding enough.
    It gives 4 chests overall, and requires at least 2 people to be able to participate, so a max of 2 chests per person (if you are nice and let the leader actually loot, and both finish the thole thing). You would need 5 chests to make a box. It means you'll need to do the quest for 3 days (minimum) to get only 1 box eventually.

Yes, it is possible to solo it and get all four chests... but this isn't the intended way to get through the jump quest, and the only a small number of people can manage this with 2 characters. And more importantly even if you do get four chests, the reward is... well... not as rewarding, in my opinion.
    I know the prizes are carefully discussed to keep the balance of the game, but I think that making maybe another stage to the jq and rewarding the whole thing with 1 box would be a good idea.

The updated prize list has no tradable items in it, and the jq can be done only once a day. Compared to a single beanstalk where people would get 100+ eggs and trade them for 5+ boxes it would be nothing.
    It would allow an instant gratification for the effort, and I think would motivate more people to do the jq, something most of the players don't like as much. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1