1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Request to Add mute to game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gazamidori, Sep 1, 2019.

1. gazamidori

gazamidori Red Snail

Aug 1, 2019
    Male
    4:58 AM
    itzmelexo
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    It has come to my attention that blacklisting people does not actually mute them in chat. This quiet the bummer, since nothing is more annoying than hanging out in FM and someone who refuses to purchases a store or a chalkboard decides that they are going to scream and shout to everyone about their products. In GMS this is one of the most useful tools to avoid conflict and block trolls and annoying people in general without resorting to complaining to mods about it. therefore I think it would be a really useful tool to be added to the game and request that it please be added to the game.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    GMS has a mute function?

Also, the FM is meant to be for selling items, which is why it's called a Free Market

3. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    10:58 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    voice_enable 0,duh

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:58 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Yeah, the Blacklist function on ML does work to mute people in Guild/Alliance/Whisper chats. Obviously, Buddy Chat can be blocked by removing the person from your Buddy List, and Party Chat is an essential while doing a PQ, but is instantly removed once the Party is over (or choose not to be a member of that party). The only thing Blacklisting someone won't block is there regular chat...is that possible?

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:58 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm not sure if that answered Kimmy's question. Was this a thing on GMS?

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The Blacklisting effect of muting on Guild/Alliance/Whisper chats, yes. Regular chat...I'm not sure, but I don't believe so.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Muting guild and alliance chat is in game options.

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    True, but sometimes you'll want to mute only an individual who is in your Guild/Alliance. That's where the Blacklisting mutes the individual and not the rest of your Guild/Alliance. I believe it already works on MapleLegends. The question is whether or not Blacklisting someone can mute them in regular chat.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We cannot modify blacklist because it's 100% client sided. No packets or anything are involved.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you cannot blacklist regular chat. Thats not possible in GMS either

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    10:58 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I can verify that at least old-school GMS did not have this option. I've tried it just for fun when I was a kid- it just added anything you wrote, even if it wasn't an existing ign.

This could have been a nice feature in very specific cases but it could also be abused. Just tell people to shut up or leave. We should be a good enough community that it's not necessary.