1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Extend Event JQ Timer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by michaelxii, Sep 2, 2019.

1. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    2:35 PM
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    Right now, the event JQ (middle portal after Gaga) has a five minute timer. For the skilled JQ people among us, it's totally fine. However, the unskilled people (like me), who can't time the jump in stages 2 and 3, really have a hard time getting all four boxes. Is it possible to extend the timer by 2:30? That way, it makes the JQ more accessible by providing more wiggle room for failure.

Thanks for working so hard on the event!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    My record is finishing with 4 boxes with 1:50 :eyes:

However I understand it's kinda difficult. If you miss like 4 or 5 jumps, have lag, or anything unfortunate occur, it's nearly impossible to get 4 boxes

3. Alexa

Alexa King Slime Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2018
    Female
    Chicago
    4:35 PM
    Alexa
    Bowmaster
    Oh my goodness. I would definitely appreciate getting some extra time because I am absolutely awful at JQs, and the timer pressure just adds to the mistakes I make.

Definitely would appreciate additional time to accommodate those who are less skilled at JQs.

4. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    10:35 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Agree too.
    The time right now leaves no window for mistakes. I finished the JQ with 30 sec spare and couldn't find the 4th box because of the time pressure.

I honestly think few more minutes could give less skilled jumpers the opportunity to finish the quest and figure out where everything is and how to proceed.

5. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    4:35 AM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    Agree! The jump timing Idea is really creative, however it is incredibly hard to do. Therefore I think the time should be extended (maybe make it like 2017/2018: no timer)

6. OP
    OP
    michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    Also, is there a reason why the event npc only lets you turn in at the end? It really sucks when you get boxes, and then the timer runs out.

• Agree Agree x 1