1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing Taos from CWKPQ Bonus Stage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AioriaX, Sep 3, 2019.

1. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    12:51 PM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    As mentioned in the title above, I suggest to remove taos from being dropped in CWKPQ bonus stage. As much as how the addition of CWKPQ was such a delight and something I was really hoping for, I felt like the addition of CWKPQ killed a huge level of difficulty in obtaining Balance Furies in the game.

Before the addition of NeoTokyo and MTKs, BalanceFuries were the best stars in the game and getting them were not easy. Similarly to how MTKs are only obtained with a level of difficulty, obtaining BalanceFuries should come with a level of difficulty as well.

Before CWKPQ was released, one had to farm from CWK mobs for etcs and obtain taos at a random rate from an exchange quest, which could only be unlocked from doing the CWK questline itself. It wasn't easy to obtain taos at all. Of course at the current stand, a crafter would still have to complete the quest to craft the stars but taos are so easily obtained from CWKPQ they became almost worthless in FM, followed by a crash in BalanceFury prices. And CWKPQ isn't actually difficult at all.

The difference between balance furies and MTKs is only 1 weapon attack. Balance Furies are still considered really OP stars versus ilbi/hwabi etc. and they shouldn't be so easily obtained. Previously, NightShadow was also a good mob and training ground for players without mages/leech, and farming the etcs and exchanging for taos which could be sold at a good price attracted players to farm there. Now that taos can be dropped from CWKPQ and they cost only 200k in FM, these training maps in CWK are deserted.

Prior to CWKPQ, obtaining taos and crafting BalanceFuries comes at a reasonable level of difficulty (one that it deserved for how OP it is) and I suggest they should be removed from CWKPQ, or at least its drop rate greatly reduced.

Disclaimer: I am not a player selling BalanceFuries regularly and am not trying to suggest this idea to boost the price of Furies for me to obtain profit. I would just like to play MapleStory with an appropriate level of difficulty in obtaining certain items in the game.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:51 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Getting balanced furies before wasn't that difficult - especially considering you only needed 1 set because of the shadow stars glitch. I do agree it is a bit sad to nightshadows as deserted as they are now. I remember grinding on them back in 2017!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Yeah they weren't THAT difficult. But they still required grinding and the exchange process was a tryhard 'luck' stage where you may get crap. But the point is you have to work for it. And you'd have to farm at different mobs to get different taos.

Now you just enter cwkpq and get free taos from the bonus stage and 'so happen' have the materials in hand free-of-charge to create a balancefury.
    There's honestly no difficulty in making a balancefury anymore. That is followed by the crash in BF prices in FM and taos being worthless. They used to cost 8-10m per tao, and required actual work.

4. OP
    OP
    AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    BUMP, I still think this is a valid suggestion to be implemented.

I dont think removing taos from CWKPQ kills the CWKPQ at all.
    Additionally it will actually boost the incentive of exchange quest-ing and push up Balance Fury prices (to a reasonable price that they deserve for being top tier end-game Star just 1 wep atk below MTK which has a higher level bossing requirement / price / crafting cost)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Agreed as well. Everything is such a given right now.

6. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    9:51 PM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I agree. The only reason some might be hesitant about this is the amount of players thats hoarding their taos anticipating the removal of them from cwkpq. It eventually should balance out overtime and given how many new players are joining right now, there will be an influx of dexless nightlords wanting furies.

7. OP
    OP
    AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Thanks for your support guys.
    Just to summarize out in pointers:

Why should Balance Furies be worth more than a mere 25m compared to 170m-200m MTK
    - 30 atk star (only 1 star behind MTK - bare-in-mind the +1 atk from MTK was intentionally added into our server to enhance incentive from NeoTokyo
    - not freely-farmed
    - end-game star above Ilbi which is 27 attack (hence +3 atk) - "MTK-Replaceable" (sort of)
    - requires crafting which is only available after completing a myriad of quests under the CWK Questline

Why should Taos be removed from CWKPQ?
    - to enhance Balance Fury worth as Taos are now too easily obtained via CWKPQ bonus - COMPLETE no-brainer
    - Taos are the key ingredients required for crafting balance furies and a star like BalanceFury with 30-atk shouldnt have its ingredients easily obtained.
    Take MTK for instance - the nano plant and wiseman stone drop rate is so rare even from the bosses.
    - Taos were previously only exclusively obtainable via CWK exchange quest - farming of CWK mob etcs required with RNG chance during exchange (similar to crafting MTK where the questline from Neotokyo must be completed)
    - Increasing difficulty of obtaining Taos increases the incentive of CWK mob-farm and invites new players to train in CWK-maps (lessen the debate for GS vs Mannequin, increasing map areas for training at 3rd job level)
    - It puts BalanceFuries up where it should be, obtainable at early-to-midgame as the 2nd tier star, and not too difficult compared to MTK which requires NT bossing at higher level

Does it hurt to remove taos from CWKPQ?
    - NOT AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT.
    - the Bonus drops from CWKPQ are so profitable - Goggles, Lv 80 cape, Blackfist cape, 30% attack scrolls (ALL OF THEM), CrushedSkull

Those who disagree with my suggestion please state your argument as I do not see any reasons or losses at all from removing Taos out of CWKPQ bonus.

To the staff and balance team - Please reconsider my suggestion thanks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    12:51 AM
    Shines
    Night Lord
    I support this. I'm fine with drop rate of taos being severely lowered in cwkpq as well though.

• Like Like x 1