1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Higher resolution is coming to MapleLegends

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    8:59 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Any chance we can see how, for example, a mage's ultimate looks like ? Can you see all the affected area ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:59 PM
    Moderator Post
    Not 100% sure what you meant, so here's a screenshot of me using Blizzard:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    That was exactly what I wanted to see, thanks :)

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Question for the Free Market Veterans out there.

Would you prefer the camera of the FM to be like this where you can see all merchant and merchant titles at once without the need to go up:
    [​IMG]
    Or more so consistent with the other places so you still see yourself/chat better?
    [​IMG]

Do note this is only for the FM maps so don't worry about all maps looking like that, etc.

5. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    My personal preference would definitely be the one that allows you to see the stores more easily. This feels like the kind of thing that should maybe have a poll made for it, though

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. viidafreak

viidafreak Orange Mushroom

Jun 22, 2017
    Male
    4:59 AM
    Camper
    Imo, second option but not exposing too much of the ground platform (Maybe move camera a lil upwards).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Too minor of a case that it needs a poll. Just seeing what a few thoughts are.

So between 1 and 2?

8. viidafreak

viidafreak Orange Mushroom

Jun 22, 2017
    Male
    4:59 AM
    Camper
    Yeah MapleF2 but both works though, still able to access all three lanes of merchants.

9. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    The main benefit of 1 over 2 that I'm interested in is that you can see the store names of the top row in screenshot 1. If it is going to be a compromise between the two, it would be nice if it could be done so that the very top of the tallest store's name is just at the top of the screen. I don't know how easy it is to fine-tune it like that, though

EDIT: Looking at it, though, that would only be a difference of 20 pixels on screenshot 1, so I guess that wouldn't be all that much of a compromise in hindsight. That would be nearly 2 extra lines of chat, though... idk

10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:59 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    1 is good for being able to see the store name - useful for when you use an Owl and you know the store names to look for to make searching easier when the store happens to be on the top shelf.

2 is good because you can continue to be abreast of what's going on in your chat log while still being able to click on the top shelf of stores without having to go up.

I agree with viidafreakviidafreak that a compromise of the two is best.

11. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:59 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Personally prefer 1.

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Alright.

I also gathered some feedback outside this section and basically the opinions were mixed. Therefore, I try to make both parties happy. This is what the current camera will be at the lowest point, I think:
    [​IMG]

Basically, the short FM stores are still completely visible with the title where the taller ones are not. The ground is now also more exposed, which solve the problem of users thinking the camera was too high.

If users want to see the title of the taller merchants they can of course just climb the ladder and go a bit higher.

A reminder once again this is only for the FM rooms, and not the whole game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    ... On a different note, Neckson did a better job on the Ludi rooms, because they are much closer to each other. There, I think, I can make both parties completely happy:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. vuluc88

vuluc88 Slime

Sep 21, 2019
    Male
    3:59 AM
    Kinigiri
    I/L Wizard
    Beautiful... can't wait to play in this modern resolution :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aruru

Aruru Blue Snail

Jan 18, 2018
    Male
    2:59 PM
    Aruru
    Thief
    Any plans on 1366 * 853 for those of us with 16:10 displays (macbooks)?

17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I believe she did earlier in the thread.

18. Reweh

Reweh Snail

Oct 4, 2019
    4:59 PM
    Reweh
    Beginner
    Weeb
    Hey Kimmy, I'm not sure if this is too late or if you already knew, but current revisions of maplestory at 1366x768 have the character on the bottom 1/3rd line. [​IMG]
    I was wondering why it looked weird when I was looking at your screenshots because there was so much empty floor, and it seems like because the player is almost centered.

19. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Time to get an opinion on another thing.

As some may know when GMS introduced higher resolutions they made maps that were not made for it have a black background. I've been busy with Krauser94Krauser94 taking a much different approach and actually designing the maps to support the higher resolution. I personally think this is much less lazy, but I also received opinion that the GMS way is better. Maybe just a matter of being used to it.

So I'll post here an example. Do note the fixes we did are different here and there.

[​IMG]

The Anego map here is completely filled and fixed. That's the approach we took for many other maps, for example this one:

[​IMG]

And this one:

[​IMG]

And this is what GMS does:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you prefer actually the map design filled like towns, or the 'black' route GMS did?
    -----------------
    Also, for those curious this is how it looks completely unchanged lol:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/367399534130888704/632358506271342603/unknown.png

20. moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    9:59 AM
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    The filled maps look better to me. I think it was done well.

The game appears more polished without the black bars. I appreciate not being reminded by the black bars that the maps don't fit the new resolution.

It's heartwarming to see the staff put more effort than Neckson did in making the game look good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.