1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Neo Tokyo Bosses' droprates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LurkinShadow, Oct 2, 2019.

1. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    11:49 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Hello, I run Neo Tokyo bosses (I mean Vergamot, Dunas, Nibergen and Nameless Magic Monster as a whole) almost daily with squads I personally helped to get through these tedious Prequests. It seems as both the squads and individuals actually running these bosses and Neo Tokyo region as a whole just keep on dwindling.
    The main reason for that is very obvious.
    Each Neo Tokyo boss requires you to go through a series of its own prequests in order to run it (each prequest takes approx. 1hour to 2hours), just to spend at least 30minutes in to get a Crystal most cases. (Regardless to mention that Dunas' exp rate is just awkward but I guess it's Vanilla.)
    The aim of this thread is to raise awareness from ML Staff for the alarming rate of drops of Neo Tokyo bosses that directly decreases the amount of people actually running it.
    It saddens me to review the hype created initially by Staff Members when that above mentioned region was introduced just to see that it has no basis now.
    Please make the alterations you see fit to balance these bosses to other ML bosses, so we could enjoy these more. (Having 4 bosses to run each twice/day is a great get along! But time spent vs. efficiency ratio just drives to smack these bosses much less!)
    Thank you!
    I attached a screen shots taken at the end of select boss (Dunas) as proof of what I aim to stress out in this thread. (And these were rather good drops.)
    MapleLegendsWindowed_mlGcmWho2M.png

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
  3. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    10:49 AM
    Bowmaster
    This has been in discussion, expect a buff in the future 8) There may be other similar balances with other bosses alongside NT also.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Thanks! Drop rate right now is unrewarding but I guess till buff We enjoy the wonderful get alongs.
    Thanks Doggo! SeemsGood

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:49 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Excited for this! I hope bosses get a chance to drop those gold gachapon tickets that were once brought up a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    5:49 PM
    Only took a year and 2 nerfs

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Hello, I'd like to bump this. I do think that running Neo Tokyo bosses nowadays is just not worth it. I view post buff-nerf wave as only bigger nerf and I'd like to ask Balance Team to further look into droprates matters. Most of us Neo Tokyoers run it often and end up wasting at least 30minutes per run to get a crystal or fresh mountain air. To broaden the scope and enlarge my view I decided to share no. of runs. I can safely stress that after 99 Dunas runs, I have yet to see any MTK, Claw, Dagger, Bow, Chair drop. It is just absurd in my opinion that 1 run of CWKPQ could yield one profit of about at least 5-7 Neo Tokyo runs and that's much discouraging.
    I indeed saw we got huge buff that later on followed a big nerf for drops and the first mentioned was just too overwhelming.
    However, with current state I view it as just plain waste of bossers' time.
    Thanks for your consideration.
    JMsYcSsHuZ.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    While I do think that MTKs and graves are "grand prizes" and should be suitably rare (though maybe a bit less rare than they're now would be better - I don't really want to comment on these here though), I do think the rates for the "booby prizes" - level 100 weapons and 60% scrolls can really use an increase. As it is now there's a very good chance that people spend a long time gathering a party (or even longer soloing) and get absolutely nothing to show for their efforts, save some mediocre exp (or not even that, in Dunas's case), which seems kind of absurd when bosses like ravana, pap and pianus regularly drop a decent amount of stuff to at least consistently cover potion costs. Letting people at least get something for their effort, even if it's not amazing, can really help maintain enough interest to go after the grand prizes.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    5:49 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    On a side note, please share some tips on how you cleared Pink Bean not once but 29 times already :p

10. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I was waiting on that reply haha. I lurked PB files and done it 29 times. But now am exposed MapleF3

11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Last years anniv pq had you fight on, and it counted as a pb kill on the boss tracker

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:49 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It's times entered. Not cleared.

13. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    RIP i got scammed

14. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    nt should drop some wa shoe...
    nt should give a time traveller medal with 10wa

if no these items nt is waste time content nobody going ws 10% nt wep from scratch and it's super rare so fail 1 slot u need wait another 6 months to get another perf weapon. Why

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    i runed about over200 times nt bosses,droped about 3b`s items all, if i use these time to run HT 200 times, can i got 10* mw20?its 3b right?[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just wanna put this here XD, the equips were super trash tho
    wow.png
    Oh and from all my dunas runs i only ever gotten 1 mtk

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    In avg I could say I get mw20 or gene30 every 5-7 runs of HT.
    So yeah definetly we could yield much much more profit if we ran HT/Zak/CWKPQ instead.
    The time to take down HT is about double the time per NT run but still if you employ simple math, the nerf that NT suffered was overwhelming. I get to see Flairgrave drop once in about 30 runs. And still, it will only get sold if you get max or up to 2 off max att clean. The RNG on an item that can actually can be sold is just too low compared to other bossing spots and that's a shame because I used to run it alot and also helped many others pass kills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    3:49 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Based on data collected from the last 114 runs I have hosted, both mw20 and gen30 have a drop rate of roughly ~25-30%% per HT (36 gen30 and 31 mw20 out of 114 cleared runs).

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    That's very interesting and kind of matches my own survey. It is quite big as I view it and it just strengthens the general thought that NT Bosses' drops as rare, end-game and grandprizes (whichever you'd prefer to call it) deserve a buff. In comparison it just doesn't justify much running.

20. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    hi jolly,in my run got my 2nd mtk from nameless about 1month ago, and u know the 1st mtk in my run is half a year ago by we and ice