1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding transportation durations

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:23 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Legends,

Boat rides have been a feature on our server since 2014, basically the beta of our server. At the very beginning, we've always had the full timed GMS-like durations applied without any form of skips.

For many years, we've never done really anything regarding boat rides. Some praise that, some think it takes way too long, and some just wish you could skip it altogether.

As much as 2 years ago we've made a community poll about boat rides found by clicking here.

While this isn't about boat ride durations, it's about a skipping option. Back then about 50% of the poll was for it and 50% were not. Due to giving priority to nostalgia, we went against it.

Two years later now and you may have noticed we started to do a few events where the duration is shortened by 50%. Not just for boat rides, but all transportations.

Pretty much everyone either praises it or don't mind the times being shortened by 50%.

MapleLegends made over the years many evolution and changes. This is either to keep push the server forward or because my general opinion of things has changed. Furthermore, we keep looking over what makes users stay in our server and what makes them leave.

On top of that, we have noticed other servers trying to be harder and more difficult than we are, and they got 100% transportation times as well, so it's also more likely for users favoring the full duration that they are already playing these kinds of servers anyway, or are a very old user on this server and got tired of the non-stop waiting between rides.

After a discussion, we've decided to keep the transportation rides, at least for now, permanently cut by 50%. That means that Orbis rides are now 5 minutes and not 10, and so on. The waiting time 'in-between' is cut by 50% as well.

We hope by this change users are less waiting and more enjoying MapleLegends. While the option of skipping the ride is not really on my (or our) radar right now, we hope this change is seen as a positive one for current and new users to enjoy.

Do note we have the rights at any time to reverse the time back to full 100% if we see any reasons to do so.

If you have any feedback regarding this change, please let us know~

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    6:23 AM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    who rides boats lol telerock ftw

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Buch
    Cleric
  4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Less time is nice. I don't think a game is harder cos it makes you wait for more, otherwise phone games would be the hardest games in history.

5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:08 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Woohoo!! All for this change!

Suggestion: Is it possible to modify Helios tower elevator to behave like the storks that move us from Orbis to Mu Lung? In that, we talk to an NPC to start moving.

6. Gardieune

Gardieune Blue Snail

Nov 8, 2017
    Male
    7:23 PM
    Vulf
    Cleric, Crossbowman
    Colors
    Was wondering if the Crimson Balrog spawn rate have changed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    Thank you for this change, even though I mostly use telerocks now I still think for newer players this will give them a sense of nostalgia but won't be as much of a time waster. I believe wait times should exist, we just don't need to wait 15 minutes for your first ride out of Victoria.

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No. Its still 1 minute after the ride (with a chance).

9. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    1:23 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Im not sure how much time it took me to kill them, but you might want to make sure its enough. One of the fun nostalgic things to do is try to kill them at low levels..
    Anyway, overall its a good change in my opinion. Most have time to play 1-2 hours a day (we are not kids anymore). So its good idea to save time for playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Will you be changing the NPC texts to reflect the new travel schedules? Right now, some of the schedules are really weird (Orbis to Ellinia lets you board 5 minutes before the ride starts, yet Ellinia to Orbis only lets you board 2.5 minutes before), and it's hard to tell when to enter the boat and when can I expect to get out.

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I'll recheck the scripts when i am back home from holiday.

12. aahshyt

aahshyt Blue Snail

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    MastaBish
    Magician
    I dont know if its against the rules to mention other private servers, but for example Maple Royals has a ticket you can buy for mesos that lets you skip transportations and travel instantly for 1,7,14 days

13. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    It's ok to mention another server, although frowned upon. Just make sure you're not advertising them or soliciting people to join them.

14. aahshyt

aahshyt Blue Snail

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    MastaBish
    Magician
    Yea ofc, I just thought about Royals way of solving the transportation for ppl who want to skip it, adding an item that costs mesos that let's you skip.

15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've explained about skipping in the OP and a linked thread.