1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Packet Edited Smega Service

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Hito, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    6:33 AM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    Hi there,

Packet editing and botting is against the ToS but these are likely to cover forms of abuse like mesos duplication, god mode hacks, and other forms of silly behaviour like that.

Seeing as selling smegas is legal and I am a man of efficiency at the cost of my own happiness I'd like permission to develop a smega service by means of sniffing ML packets so I can run it headlessly; failing that is it legal to use machine learning to interpret the ML client? I.e. train a network to understand the text on the ML client.

I've had this idea for a while, I'd have a mule account that has a packet sniffer of my own making watching for whispers and once received it would echo that whisper back to the server via a smega.

I assume the answer is no, but hey the community is missing out on some really cool stuff here given the recent post on smega services this would make a round the clock viable smega service at least feasibly possible.

2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    6:33 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    The method you suggest will let you gain mesos in an unfair way, using bots and packet sniffing, thus it cannot be allowed.

Furthermore, we cannot grant a player an exception to the Terms of Service in order to enforce fair judgments to all users.

upload_2019-10-27_2-30-42.png

3. OP
    OP
    Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    6:33 AM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    I was just putting my lack of mesos money where my mouth is.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:33 PM
    Moderator Post
    Stop making stupid posts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.