1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick balance discusion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Oct 26, 2019.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:11 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Power Knockback is boosted to 90% on this server IIRC. It works quite well on any mob that isn't stationary; even bosses can be PKB'd.

Archers can also do back jumpshots as long as they're not wearing snowshoes. It's the same as their normal jumpshoots where arrows come out as if they're on the ground (so more like jump cancel than jump shot), but they can use rain/eruption if something is close by as well. PKB can be used in-air like any melee attack, of course.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    9:11 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Why you say thing without knowing. Trust me, pkb not always working. Its 100% yes but when mon attack its not working. It normaly take 2 hits to knock back.
    If im not wrong i dont see this problem with drogon breath, or nl and warrior knock back skills.
    I dont know why you bring snow maps, but even there you cant back jump if the monster is too close. Like you know the attck come from the jumping point.

3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I've never really noticed PKB not working when the mob is attacking. I do know it doesn't work when the mob is already in KB frames, but that's normally only applicable to weird monsters with super long KB frames like windraiders.

The back jumpshoot I'm talking about is like a regular jumpshoot, except it moves you forward and shoots backwards. It doesn't work when a monster is too close, yeah, but if you back jumpshoot rain/eruption, it will work because rain/eruption have no minimum range.

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    The reason why wooden puppets moved from FM to Shaolin is because FM ones had to be manually spawned (when requested) for each server restart. Instead they got a permanent home now :D

Mesos actually still dropped for a short while after puppets moved.

5. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:11 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Ohh I thought the pickpocket skill was making em a bit too good. I knew the new map at Shaolin was so they would have been spawned but they were worked out b4 that map was added I think so you couldn't farm mess there anymore

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:11 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm actually creating a Shadower class right now (simply because I love playing Shad lol) and although it would be *incredible* for shadowers to get Flash Jump, I don't think it'll happen. But with that being said, I agree with a lot of the other things you spoke up about, i.e. decreasing smokescreen cooldown, upping Meso Guard to 60%. I hope a few of these changes will show up in the new changes and that there's a bit of love for Shadowers! <3

7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    On the topic of balance, there's a very small one I kind of want to bring up: Burst Fire modifies Double Shot to fire three shots, but doesn't actually speed up each shot per se, so since Double Shot got buffed to 130% but low level Burst Fire still starts at 95%, this means Burst Fire actually lowers Outlaw's single target damage quite a bit at lower levels. It would be nice if Burst Fire starts scaling from a higher value at lower levels (max level value doesn't need changing).

edit: a word

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    Isn't smokescreen's duration 60 seconds at lv 30? if you decreased the cooldown to 5 minutes, a party of 5 shadowers would be untouchable all the time?

i support this

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    7:11 PM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    Give small power boosts to skills at level 1 so they don't do pathetic damage. Like Inferno does 50% at level 1 and Strafe 52% damage. So small. I only assume some other attacking skills of othe classes have bad damage at level 1.

But I really have not played any other class to add to the list.

10. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I always enjoy reading the ridiculously random numbers thrown onto these changes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:11 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Makes the server actually washing optional?
    But yeah just a small oversight I had there, I always thought smoke screen did mostly nothing so perhaps less cd would make it better

12. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I'm a bit biased, but I'd like to echo a lot of your shad buff suggestions and make a few points -

Removing the crit lock on assassinate would help in the balancing of shad's poor solo-target DPM.
    When in Zak/CWK/HT/Neo Tokyo, it doesn't make sense that we're the only members of the party who are largely unaffected by the SE buff, especially when our solo-target DPM is already considerably lower than everyone else's. But I'm not a fan of removing the need to go dark sight to use assassinate, I think it's integral to the skill and it only adds an insignificantly small fraction of a second to the cast time when you macro the skills together (dark sight>assasinate>boomstep).

100% with the band of thieves damage buff for the reason you stated. I think this attack buff would make training with BoT more viable as opposed to only meso exploding through 3rd job. I remember training at Windraiders was hell because BoT is quite weak and needs to connect at melee range; it only became very useful at Mannequins since those mobs are auto-aggressive. Plus, because shads also use a boomstep-BoT macro in 4th job (while grinding, CWKPQ boss stage, HT middle body), this would also slightly help in balancing our low DPM. When hitting 3 or less targets, shad multi-target DPM is considerably lower than that of any like-leveled warrior class, even if they don't have SI.

Though it would be amazing, I think reducing smokescreen's cooldown to 5 minutes would make it too OP - that's 20% party invincibility during bossing, and 40% if you have 2 shads lol. I am a fan of the cooldown being reduced as you get it to max level though, I think a 7.5-minute cooldown at max would be a very reasonable time (that's reducing the cooldown time by 5 seconds for every skill point you add). And allowing smokescreen to negate status conditions especially HT's seduce would make shads a bit more sought-after for bossing, that's an interesting idea.

Increasing assaulter's damage still wouldn't make it a useful attacking skill - in my experience it's exclusively for mobility purposes or as a finishing attack on a mob, so the delay between uses isn't much of a hindrance either.

And I'm also totally with removing chakra's animation delay maybe by half, as it stands it's just not a reasonable healing skill to use in any situation unless you're fighting lower-leveled mobs that you can avoid at a high clip. I remember trying to use chakra to heal at Mannequins, and by the time it was done casting I was often below 50% HP again LOL. It shouldn't be close to no delay since that would make it OP, but it should be a shortened delay so that it's reasonable to use while grinding.

• Like Like x 2