1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Give HP/MP Gains for 3rd and 4th Advancement?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ColouredNote, Oct 30, 2019.

1. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    1:53 AM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    I'm strangely certain this has been asked before. Maybe it was me some time ago.

But, in terms of surviving and HP washing, it would be nice if we gained boosts to our HP and MP with all job advancements, rather than just the first two.

Like:
    THIRD JOD ADVANCEMENT --------- FOURTH JOB ADVANCEMENT
    Warriors - 300 HP / 100 MP +500 HP / 200 MP
    Archers - 200 HP / 200 MP +400 HP / 300 MP
    Thieves - 200 HP / 200 MP +400 HP / 300 MP
    Mages - 100 HP / 300 MP +200 HP / 500 MP
    Gunslinger - 200 HP / 200 MP +400 HP / 300 MP
    Brawler - 300 HP / 100 MP +500 HP / 200 MP

Or something like that. I do recall Royals having hp gains upon 3rd job, and was wondering why we don't have it here? Is it not possible to add? Or just hasn't been thought of?

They also apparently added in an item from big bosses like Zak and Horntail that gives you permanent boosts to your HP. Just a thought to add it here. I'm fine with HP washing the way it is, and don't really want to see EVERYONE going for 30k/30k. But it would be nice to give a helping hand for everyone one way or the other.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:53 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'm guessing the main reason its not here is because it wasn't in original gms. I don't think you gained hp on third and fourth jobs in GMS.

3. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    I believe Akash is correct about why it wasn't put in originally. There's also a matter of giving advantages to new players over veterans if we change something like that.

Honestly, as it stands, I think we have plenty of HP items in the game to not warrant any further changes to it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I'm guessing that if this were to be implemented the change should be retroactive to all players.

5. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    8:53 PM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    It would be great if that can be implemented. makes hp washing "less" optional

6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    You mean more optional

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Woops, yeah thats what i meant

8. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    It is very much already optional enough, though imo. I'd be against anything that just gives HP for free like this. It would devalue the work needed to be put in for the other methods of gaining HP. Ellin ring, monster ring, pet HP scrolls, MoN etc all take a fair bit of work for the HP gains. If we were going to add something else to increase HP, it would really need to be something else that takes effort to get, rather than just getting it for free

My opinion on the matter, anyway

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    5:53 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    To be fair, getting to 3rd Job and 4th Job does take effort. But I also agree, there isn't a need for this.

10. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    It does, but it's effort you'd be putting in whether you get HP for it or not. The reward for doing your job advancement is getting access to new skills and I don't feel it needs more of a reward added to that. It's not like people don't advance because they don't think it's worth the effort or something

• Agree Agree x 2