1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Halloween 2019 Skill Changes

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:15 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Legends,

With this patch, we'll also have more skill changes. Please note that for this patch we were focused on a lot, and a lot of things, so it won't be many changes.

As always we think through all the skills from MapleLegends and see what we can tweak and improve still over time. To see all the other skill changes we've made in the past, please click here.

[​IMG] - Blast
    • The range of the skill has been significantly increased
    When it comes to the buffs we provided to Paladins, most say we have one of the strongest Paladins in any server. Back when we buffed them, some even said the changes are OP. However, even with our current buffs, we notice Paladins still lack usefulness late game. This is especially because Zakum and Horntail are on platforms that are further away. We've looked into v86's Blast range and agree that's a decent start. We've taken v86's blast range and increased it a slight bit further than that. Hopefully, after this change, we will see more Paladins at Zakum and Horntail, and they feel they can be more useful during boss fights.

[​IMG] - Charged Blow
    • The range of the skill has been slightly increased
    A similar story as the skill above. However, we feel this skill only needed a very slight increase. It's less increased compared to the v86's value. We felt v86's was a bit too far for this skill.
    [​IMG] - Assassinate
    • Increased the attack count from 3 to 4
    • Increased the damage at level 30 from '600' to '625'
    For a long time, Shadowers have asked for buffs. Understandable, because Night Lord is stronger in multiple ways. In the past, we've tried to buff Shadowers before, but due to misunderstanding of skills, they were seen as nerfs instead. Hopefully, this time we made at least a start. We'll observe and look for feedback if Shadowers need further buffs, and do so with baby steps.
    [​IMG] - Oak Barrel
    • The cooldown of the skill has been completely removed for all levels
    • The failure chance of the skill has been completely removed for all levels
    • The duration of the skill has been increased from 30 seconds at max level to 100 seconds
    After comparing Oak Barrel with Dark Sight, pretty much everything from Oak Barrel is worse. The mobility, the fact it can fail, the MP amount needed to use it, that it has a delay of 1 second before the barrel is on your head, the cooldown and the duration. While we agree it should not become as good as Dark Sight for identity reasons, we have buffed it a lot so it's at least less garbage. Dark Sight is 200 seconds, while Oak Barrel is 100 now. The failure rate makes the skill very unreliable when needing to escape, and thus we saw no harm just removing it.
    [​IMG] - Threaten
    • The skill should work again on bosses
    This was a side-effect change made when we coded the packets to be 100% GMS-like. While coding everything to be exactly like GMS-like/BMS-leak-like is great, some changes from Neckson are just not good. We've decided to revert the change.

[​IMG] - Hamstring
    • The skill should work again on bosses
    Exact same explanation as Threaten

~MapleLegends Staff

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:15 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Looks like maybe my paladin doesn't need to be JUST a HH mule after all - maybe I can even go 1h sword if the range buff is good enough.

3. wbk940122

wbk940122 Red Snail

Nov 23, 2017
    Female
    4:15 PM
    Bucc is not a mule job:cry:

4. BitchPlease

BitchPlease Blue Snail

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    BitchPlease
    Cleric
    Pacifists
  5. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    10:15 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Add built-in SE for Shadowers' nate lines and we outdmg NLs EZZZ
    And regarding the topic, that buff for shadower class is much awaited buffs. Bless you Kimmy for being alert for ML common meme class requests. ;)
    Looking forward to Neo Tokyo bosses' drop-rates buffs. MapleF3
    Also regarding former quote, Pallies look like the next go-to mains!

6. wbk940122

wbk940122 Red Snail

Nov 23, 2017
    Female
    what about reducing the cd of Super Transformation
    it can surely do benefits to bucc atrackers:sneaky:

7. tsugumo

tsugumo Mushmom

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Tekyuu
    Marksman
    Beaters
    MM buffs when :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    3:15 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    The work they do is incredible and thanks, this is just an opinion, I think the oak barrel was fine but if they decided to improve it great: D my other point is that there is a skill of the buccaneer that is obsolete I think the bucaneer is It is characterized to use all his skils of 1 to 4 work burning combos to what I mean is that at least they should make the buccaneer can attack transformed with all his abilities because this would not give us more than 20 of extra def and to see us cool, they should also leave supertransformao just by snatching and demolition or applying the use of all the skills in both, I also think that a great graphic improvement would be to apply the effect of charging energy also with a more visual aspect of improvement

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    regarding the paladins I will see the changes and give my opinion

10. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    they already gave us good benefits in a previous patch

11. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    4:15 AM
    Crusader
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Kageshirou

Kageshirou Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    2:15 AM
    Kageshirou
    Buccaneer
    Organization
    Nice. Means brawlers can also fill in the hiding-niche in some places such as GPQ/LPQ and other areas.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thank you so much for the balance changes!! Excited for the shadower buffs

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    HAMSTRING MY LOVE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    This is currently not possible to implement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:15 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I don't necessarily disagree with the pally buff, but the statement that pally's are not useful in high level situations is an absurd notion that stems from people's misunderstanding of the class. It terms of single target dpm, paladins are actually slightly stronger than heroes. This is particularly apparent at elemental weak bosses such as most of NT, scarlion, and BF, where pally's can literally out dpm nightlords with SE(assuming same calibre of gear/level). At bosses where cleave potential is relevant (so basically horntail), the existence of Heavens Hammer, the most broken skill in the game, makes their overall dpm about the same as heroes(in fact the fact that they can cleave heads instead of just wing and arm makes it a bit better for technical reasons). Furthermore, since HH has fixed damage, pallys are less dependent on gear compared to heros to do damage at HT.
    With this established, pally is without a doubt stronger than hero at single target bosses, and at the very least equal to heroes at HT. The lack of pallys on the server has nothing to do with their utility at high levels.

EDIT: appreciate the hamstring/threaten fix!
    Further EDIT: "pally buff" = stealth nerfing HH lul

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Feels bad, no bishop buffs. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    10:15 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    That is weird change. The shadower is ok, but i dont remember someone suggest the others.
    Maybe i just dont know.. wasnt oak barrel 100% work when you press down and fail if you walk?
    Blast is the main skill attack right? i dont see how this change help the balance between the warriors. Isnt paladin attack too good on both mobs and bosses now?
    Or is it only to out damage dk on some parts?

19. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Paladin is the superior warrior when facing 1 target as long as they can at LEAST hit fire neutral damage. This means that they can use their fire charge.

It is significantly worse than hero or dark knight when facing 2-3 targets.

Once you start having ALOT of targets, paladins are able to catch up a little due to heavens hammer, but I think in late game, Hero and DRK are still the better cleavers, as their DPS scales much better than heavens hammer which is relatively static.

Basically the balance here is that paladins have stronger 1v1 capabilities in exchange for worse mobbing capability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. wbk940122

wbk940122 Red Snail

Nov 23, 2017
    Female
    i see:oops: