1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Snipe works differently from how it does in GMS

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by RegalStar, Nov 5, 2019.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:26 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Snipe seems to be configured as some kind of damage skill instead of an OHKO/max damage skill it was on GMS. It does not OHKO monsters with more than 200k HP, and instead of always doing 199999 it does a seemingly random amount between 195000 to 199999 instead
    What is supposed to happen?: Snipe always one-shots a normal mob even if its HP is higher than the damage cap, and always deals (damage cap - 1) damage to bosses
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: The not-one-shot part was discovered on Silver Giants (which have 225k HP), and the fluctuating damage part is visible pretty much any time you use the skill
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):Use Snipe on Silver Giant or Gold Giant
    Extra information (optional): Back when damage cap was 100k on GMS, I was able to one-shot Crimson Guardians (with 120k HP) with it, so I'm 100% sure that's how it worked on GMS

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:26 PM
    Moderator Post
    Can you show me video proof of your case?

3. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
  5. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I tried finding some old MS videos and it turns out I was wrong about how Snipe's damage lines work. It is supposed to be a random number a bit below cap, not cap itself. I apologize for my mistake.

However, I'm still sure that Snipe is supposed to be OHKO on normal mobs. I can't find any video proofs of this on high HP mobs, but I found quite a few sources noting that you can OHKO bone fishes and goby houses even through weapon cancel, which indirectly supports that Snipe is supposed to be OHKO. (This is only tangentially related, but here's a video of Snipe cutting through Damage Reflect; you can see Lilynouch's HP bar noticably losing a chunk even though the damage number showed up as 1). I haven't tested whether that's the case on ML yet, so I'll get on to that when I get home.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    That is intentional

See here:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/snipe-doesnt-affect-attack-cancel.6811/

Marking this thread as not a bug.

7. publicname

publicname Snail

Nov 18, 2023
    6:26 AM
    Was a bit disappointed to recently reach MM and find out that this isn't how the skill works in Legends, since that's how I remember it in GMS, so here I am necrobumping a 4-year old thread. Apologies if making a new thread would've been more proper, I wasn't sure.

I was able to find video proof that Snipe used to kill regular mobs of any HP, from 2010 pre-BB when it hit for 199k. I think the link might get blocked due to the 3-post link rule in effect, but if so, the video can be found on Youtube under the name "How to train at imperial gards (marksman)".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57VDAv34MPs

At several timestamps like 0:59, 1:10, and 1:36, it can be seen that Snipe does 1-hit kill the nearly full health 9.4m HP Imperial Guard Type As.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:26 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    one thing that I thought was cool in the higher versions was how snipers could kill with the combo of blizzard(frostpray) + strafe
    had a % chance of killing frozen mobs in 1 hit